Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    IR1023IF lost send funtion

Hi everyone, I reloaded system software to a ir1023if and lost the send function. When I hit the send button it says fax only. I have SST V4.23E and system software 67.01 and 68.01. I loaded the Boot 61.01 then syssoft 67.01 then all_16m_ufrII XXxxv6701 and I can print but no send function. I then repeated the steps but loaded all_32m-npk_m1 instead of the all_16m_ufrII with no difference. I haven't loaded syssoft in years so I probably did something wrong. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please. TIA Totoro
    Totoro

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: IR1023IF lost send funtion

v67.01.01/68.01.01==Points to note> (1) If upgrading from an older version to v60.03 (or later), the BOOT area is increased. At the same time, the SYSTEM writing start address (FLASH-ROM) is changed. The SYSTEM writing start address is included in the BOOT v60.03 and later, so after BOOT has completed downloading, turn OFF and ON the power, so that the new SYSTEM writing start address is reflected. Upgrade procedures 1. Overwrite BOOT. 2. Check that "OK" appears on the touch panel display. Then, turn OFF and ON the power manually. (Download mode starts.) 3. Overwrite SYSTEM. 1. Overwrite BOOT. 2. Check that "OK" appears on the touch panel display. Then, turn OFF and ON the power manually. (Download mode starts.) 3. Overwrite OPT16. 4. Check that "OK" appears on the touch panel display. Then, turn OFF and ON the power manually. (Download mode starts.) 5. Overwrite SYSTEM. 1. Overwrite BOOT. 2. Check that "OK" appears on the touch panel display. Then, turn off and on the power manually. (Download mode starts.) 3. Overwrite OPT32. 4. Check that "OK" appears on the touch panel display. Then, turn off and on the power manually. (Download mode starts.) 5. Overwrite SYSTEM. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Machine is not recognizing the send kit -----check the USB Drive on rear of machine /re-seat it. Verified when powered on that the led is lit on the usb drive. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You must install the correct corresponding version of ssw for the print kit that is installed in the device. Use ALL - 16M UFRII if device has UFRII print kit. Use ALL - 32M NPK-M1 if device has PCL print kit. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Document Send Capabilities Were Lost, After Flashing------------------------ Check and Verify that the PCL Version is Registered on the SST and the PCL MUST be Installed on Machine to Enable Send Feature. Highlight the XXxxv file located under the ALL_32M_NPK-AB1 directory. Then, select "Start Batch Download."
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Thanx for the info, teckat. I tried all that but when I load the 16m or 32m the send does not return and when I try to load the PCL versions I get a write error 122. I am ordering a IP board and dimm. I will let you know more in a few days. If you have any other words of wisdom, please feel free to share. TIA Totoro
    Totoro

Well, there must have been something wrong with the software I received. I went back and re-flashed with v65.02 and everything worked fine. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Totoro

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    Well, there must have been something wrong with the software I received. I went back and re-flashed with v65.02 and everything worked fine. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & good luck**************
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**