Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 250+ Posts

IRC 3580I Ghosting / blurry image

Hello

I have a machine that is copying and printing very slightly blurry, as if there is slight ghosting on every word.

It has a set of new drums, but I do not know about the age of the ITB, as we bought it as a recon.

I have run auto grad, can anyone point out the next steps I should take?

Please bear in mind I am learning about copiers and service modes.

As always many thanks

V

Re: IRC 3580I Ghosting / blurry image

I have been looking through the service manual, the only thing I could gleen was it could either be a faulty drum unit, which can be verified using test page 6?

Or the CCD Adjustment values are out? - Not sure how I configure this.

Is this a registration issue, were for example the copier prints the word primary and there is very faint ghosting just after the words, making it appear to be blurry and not crisp lettering?

I do thank you for your help as always?

Are the copies light or blurred? If they are blurried, make single color copys (yellow, magenta, cyan, black) to see if the image is blurry. If the image is clear, the IT Belt is assemble is dirty and slipping causing your blurried prints. Replace the ITB assembly. If the single color copys are blurried, clean your laser glass.

The problem is probably the registration / patch sensor assy that sits to the right of the black drum assy. They do get dirty and this will cause mis-reg. Clean them then do a full autograd , this should cure the problem
    Oh...... I can't copy at the moment then ? !!!!!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vamoursly View Post
    Hello

I have a machine that is copying and printing very slightly blurry, as if there is slight ghosting on every word.

It has a set of new drums, but I do not know about the age of the ITB, as we bought it as a recon.

I have run auto grad, can anyone point out the next steps I should take?

Please bear in mind I am learning about copiers and service modes.

As always many thanks

V
    u need to check if issue is with Glass Copies only or including Network Prints
    go in service mode a print out a PG6 =How does the PG6 graph look

this will determine if issue is in Main Scan or Sub-Scan direction or both ways-

MAIN SCAN= FRONT TO BACK
    SUB SCAN= RIGHT TO LEFT
    FEED DIRECTION.JPG
    PG6 GRID.JPG

also---
    Auto Color Mismatch Correction corrects Color Registration issues. To access Auto Color mismatch correction, select the following.

Addition Functions > Adjustments and Cleaning > Auto Color Mismatch Correction
    Last edited by teckat; 08-02-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Hello

I have cleaned the patch sensor, done a colour registration, ran an autograd.

Test page 6 looks fine as well.

I have established that it has a reman drum in it. I am going to change it for a Canon original, then run colour registration and full auto grad.

Is there anything I have missed to make the print quality better, I come from an IT background and learning about copiers, I have to admit it is more fun

V

Technician

ghosting, if it is the same as what you are printing, could be caused by a dirty fixing or pressure belt(s), I have the same issue on one of my belts, it is an orange belt, but looks like it has black gummed up toner stuck to lower and upper parts of it, ( so when it is fixing, it retains some of the toner from the paper, on the dirty parts of the belts, and transfers them to the next papers) I'd say pull out the fuser and clean up the belts. as you rotate them wipe em up.

Quote Originally Posted by vamoursly View Post
    Hello I have cleaned the patch sensor, done a colour registration, ran an autograd. Test page 6 looks fine as well. I have established that it has a reman drum in it. I am going to change it for a Canon original, then run colour registration and full auto grad. Is there anything I have missed to make the print quality better, I come from an IT background and learning about copiers, I have to admit it is more fun V
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ some quality advise ,, is to to purchase a Service Manual for your Model/ numerous maintenance procedures & checks are provided-------------------------------------------------

Some feedback, turned out to be the black drum after all, put in a Canon OEM and no issues, the old drum was a rebuild, mu supplier could not tell me how old the dev was...

I have a service manual for every piece of equipment deployed in our fleet, I follow every PM and dismantle instruction as outlined, they are very good, but they dont tell you what experience can, thats were I think this forum shines through

V

OEM is usually the way to go, especially on Canon Color Products/

Canon manuals are limited on explanation / it's all about hands on

I learned all Accessory's (Sorters/Finishers/DF's/ADF'S/Decks/Cassette Pedestal Feed Units/Projectors/--u name it > all in the Field by myself and fellow techs / there were Canon District Field Reps who did not even know how to take & rebuild Accessories