Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

IR 3570,3530 ETC

Anyone else having problems with after market fixing films ?, I'm getting double imaging( blurry copies) after 15 -20k sometimes much less, replacing the film remedies the problem, these films are from precision roller. i found ones made in germany and hoping these work better, also ordered some from Q2 products that look different then the ones from precision roller, any thoughts?

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Re: IR 3570,3530 ETC

Yes, these non OEM films are very unreliable on this series (they work OK on the IR2200 series) the main problem is the amount of grease & making sure you clean off all the old grease before appling new grease.

Best to fit the OEM fixing film ass’y, yes they are more expensive but they run for at least 250k, I’ve got a few out still that have done 500k so that’s like half the life of the machine! Also regularly replacing the heat sink roller helps prolong the life of the OEM films.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    IR 3570,3530 ETC

i was also faced this problem. but i found the grease gone solid and sticky after 10k. due to high temp in fuser unit.
    after i change the setting in service mode it is ok.

COPIER> OPTION >BODY > FIXING CONTROL set value to 5
    TEMP CONTROL1 set value to 7
    TEMP CONTROL2 set value to 7

now my machines are working properly with local market film without jam

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IR 3570,3530 ETC

Its the grease they supply, not the amount or the film itself. Katuns film and grease are pretty good. A little more expensive though. If you've ever dealt with Polek & Polek in NJ theres are pretty good too. I'd love to buy the grease somewhere but you have to get the right stuff.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Most techs here have "discovered" that the fuser OIL (do u still remember them?) work much better than these grease when applied to the fuser film. Unlike grease they do not easily dry up, they are smoother, long lasting, resilient and offer good protection to the fuser film. Getting them is the problem though, as they are not available on the market.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

The grease is uniflor 8172 fixing film grease, you can find it online and places like precision roller, it expensive, found it on amazon cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    The grease is uniflor 8172 fixing film grease, you can find it online and places like precision roller, it expensive, found it on amazon cheaper
    good, but mr. dag is right, the fuser oil works great than any grease, i also have tried this.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    IR 3570,3530 ETC

BEST Office Products - Canon & HP Parts & Supplies - Home I can confirm that these films are standing up for me, 80k pages going strong. I asked him about these and he said they supply someone with thousands of these. Either Katun or TSA. He would not tell me who. They appear to come with Krytox grease. I add a little extra to what they supply. Krytox GPL-205, we discussed this years ago on Canon esupport forum.