Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    IRADVC5045 - Load Paper message

Above machine always throws up Load paper message. Any document sent does not print or copy but ask for Load paper. It happens instantly then flashing orange light in front of control panel. However, if a paper tray is selected it prints or copy ok. Printing Copy count report also gives load paper msg. This happens when paper select is on Auto.

After further checks noted bypass paper type displays DUMMY, paper weight 999g/m2. I corrected those and changed bypass tray originally set for colour paper, turn on size override and it was ok.

Customer called in today same things has happened. Any known fix for such a thing.

NB: just curious to know if user settings on PCs overrides that of the MFP. ie. if a user set file format in scan-to-email to TIFF and MFP is set to PDF, the TIFF overrides. This happens with Sharp MFPs.

_ 250+ Posts

Re: IRADVC5045 - Load Paper message

Hi,

You're on the right track about Overide.

If the drawers are all loaded with A4 but your printer driver are still output print jobs as US Letter. You will be in this predicament, best check out the drivers. And get all users to print something from their PC.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

KL568 is on the wright way.Check in printer log history,what tipe format is printed.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

also check the print properties that they specify a particular drawer for a particular size but the drawer has another one.

Technician 250+ Posts

I think Tenatal has the right issue. You say it happens when set to auto - but not if a specific drawer is set. I suspect the document is of a size that is not in the machine and it is saying load it someplace. If auto is off, it will print on specified drawer even if wrong paper.

I had this on another kind of machine as they were printing something from the Internet - and it was A4 not 8.5x11 like they thought. "Only" took a couple hours to track it down an kill it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Feedback.
    A colleaque of mine went in to clear the DC-CON, restored all settings now ok.
    Many thanks.