Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Canon Models

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon Models

Canon Models

Hey guys, I know this is the technical forum, but figured I would get more responses here.

I have several ir3300's still in the field and will be upgrading some of them soon. Wanting to know what I should look for in the off-lease category?

iR3030, 3035, 4045, 3530. There are so many, I don't know where to begin.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts its_just_a_copier's Avatar

Question Re: Canon Models

Quote Originally Posted by copicatt View Post
    Hey guys, I know this is the technical forum, but figured I would get more responses here.

I have several ir3300's still in the field and will be upgrading some of them soon. Wanting to know what I should look for in the off-lease category?

iR3030, 3035, 4045, 3530. There are so many, I don't know where to begin.

So what is your question exactly?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon Models

Re: Canon Models

Quote Originally Posted by its_just_a_copier View Post
    So what is your question exactly?
    Which ones are less problematic? More reliable and less costly for maintenance.....thx

Adeptus Mechanicus Magos 500+ Posts
    Canon Models

The 3300's were the best workhorses Canon relaesed in ages so finding a model as reliable will be problematic.

The direct replacement was the iRxx70 range which was then upgraded to the iR30xx series which was upgraded to the iR32xx series which has now been discontinued in favour of the iR-ADV 4000 series.

So after that in answer to your question if you are going for a direct mono replacment machine for the iR3300 I would go for a iR3035 at least although I expect in the near future you may be able to get mid milage iR3235's coming onto the market.

However a lot of people are seeing this as an opportunity to switch to colour machines in which I would go for iRC3080's or iRC3380's. These machines are being sold as factory refubished by Canon themselves so you could pick up a decent machine from the 2nd hand market for £500 - £900 a piece dependant on milage and spec. Parts are in plentiful supply and lease company's are still covering them.

If you do go down the colour route stay well away from the iR3100C/3170C/3180C's and the iR6800C's they were the biggest pile of horse crap ever to come onto the copier market (see the worst copier ever thread to see what people say about them!!!).

Hope this helps.
    The impossible is easy - miracles take a little longer
    So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon Models

Quote Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
    The 3300's were the best workhorses Canon relaesed in ages so finding a model as reliable will be problematic. The direct replacement was the iRxx70 range which was then upgraded to the iR30xx series which was upgraded to the iR32xx series which has now been discontinued in favour of the iR-ADV 4000 series.So after that in answer to your question if you are going for a direct mono replacment machine for the iR3300 I would go for a iR3035 at least although I expect in the near future you may be able to get mid milage iR3235's coming onto the market. However a lot of people are seeing this as an opportunity to switch to colour machines in which I would go for iRC3080's or iRC3380's. These machines are being sold as factory refubished by Canon themselves so you could pick up a decent machine from the 2nd hand market for £500 - £900 a piece dependant on milage and spec. Parts are in plentiful supply and lease company's are still covering them.If you do go down the colour route stay well away from the iR3100C/3170C/3180C's and the iR6800C's they were the biggest pile of horse crap ever to come onto the copier market (see the worst copier ever thread to see what people say about them!!!).Hope this helps.
    Informative.....thanks!

Service Manager 250+ Posts

mjarbar

Is spot on, but just to add if the 3300's are still working fine you might want to keep them a little longer, a great model.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon Models

Quote Originally Posted by Canon.Tech View Post
    mjarbar Is spot on, but just to add if the 3300's are still working fine you might want to keep them a little longer, a great model.
    I agree. They have been great. And I guess parts will still be available for quite some time.

canoncopyguy

My suggestion that u better got IR3035/45. those are low cost to repair.

you can contact me if u have problem with those model machine.