Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    richman

reset for Canon imageCLASS D780?

Hi-dee-ho! From looking around, it seems this may be an easy one, but i was hoping to get a factory reset sequence for a D780. It prints reports great from the control panel as well as print jobs from a PC, but any copies or outgoing faxes are blank. No errors. The scanner bulb is indeed lit. Good, well maintained machine, just started doing this one day a few weeks ago. I'm decent with printers, but Canon resets you either know or you don't, it seems...thx!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    reset for Canon imageCLASS D780?

No reset will help you on this one. You have narrowed it down to an optical problem. The lamp lights, so it's not that (Canons can print blank prints or black prints if the lamp is out). There are really only two choices left, neither cheap. The CCD may be dead (note: never turn a painted screw. That is a factory adjustment that you cannot replicate in the field.). Or the image processor is dead (which is the controller board).
    If it were me, I would talk them out of fixing it.

richman
    I had already half convinced them to relegate it to becoming a printer anyways, so likely that's what will end up happening with it. It's a shame, though, it's a solid machine. Thanks much for the feedback, i'll file away the info!!!