Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Error Code: E602-0001 Hard Disk Drive Issue

I have a copy of SST and the firmware for IR 6020 but unfortunately I dont have a Parallel cable and the Crossover cable does not work as it should be (can ping but SST show an error). SST is working fine but our unit might have a problem

I tried to convert the IDE HDD to SATA HDD and it worked. Then SATA HDD to SATA SSD and it also worked

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Error Code: E602-0001 Hard Disk Drive Issue

All HDD's with no firmware ,need to first be formatted inside the printer using SST and registered printers firmware using it's format file.

Try another crossover cable.

Make sure cable is not a CAT 5e Patch cable_?
    Look at the ends of the cable. If the color order is identical, then it is a patch cable.

If the color orders are different, then it is a crossover.

If 6020 Firmware HDformat file does not recognize a supported HDD, it will error out.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

I already tried 3 different crossover cable. The problem is with our IR 6020 because we have another unit IR 5000 and the network and printer are working fine (Can print from PC and format). We cannot print and HDFormat in 6020 even with 2 technicians from our supplier

I converted the IDE to SATA SSD and now we are using Crucial Solid State Drive for our Canon IR 6020

IDE also works now but not using SST for our IR 6020

Note: 2 crossover cable came from our copier machine supplier and 1 crossover cable from computer store. I also tried straight cable and it doesnt work
    Last edited by oisilener1982; 09-30-2016 at 04:20 AM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Error Code: E602-0001 Hard Disk Drive Issue

Quote Originally Posted by oisilener1982 View Post
    I already tried 3 different crossover cable. The problem is with our IR 6020 because we have another unit IR 5000 and the network and printer are working fine (Can print from PC and format). We cannot print and HDFormat in 6020 even with 2 technicians from our supplier

I converted the IDE to SATA SSD and now we are using Crucial Solid State Drive for our Canon IR 6020

IDE also works now but not using SST for our IR 6020

Note: 2 crossover cable came from our copier machine supplier and 1 crossover cable from computer store. I also tried straight cable and it doesnt work
    ================================================== =========

If 6020 Firmware HDformat file does not recognize a supported HDD, it will error out.

When formatting a new type SATA HDD, use the HDD FORMAT file ver.0014 and later for the
    imageRUNNER 5020i/6020i series.

Additional service parts are not included with the SATA HDD. Therefore, when switching to a
    SATA HDD, both SATA HDD and the SATA-SET should be replaced at the same time.

see attach pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**