Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    KarenTilly

Angry Error Code: E602-0001 Hard Disk Drive Issue

A Canon Technician indicated that my Canon ImageRunner 2270 Copier needed a new HDD. Is it possible to replace the HDD and download the system software from canon. The technician indicated that he could not and that a new copier should be purchased. Please advise. Thank you all so much. What is involved in the process? I was under the impression that it was similar to the replacement of a PC's hard disk drive. Replace the HDD and re-install the software.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Error Code: E602-0001 Hard Disk Drive Issue

Re: Error Code: E602-0001 Hard Disk Drive Issue

Quote Originally Posted by KarenTilly View Post
    A Canon Technician indicated that my Canon ImageRunner 2270 Copier needed a new HDD. Is it possible to replace the HDD and download the system software from canon. The technician indicated that he could not and that a new copier should be purchased. Please advise. Thank you all so much. What is involved in the process? I was under the impression that it was similar to the replacement of a PC's hard disk drive. Replace the HDD and re-install the software.
    1.- Purchase a new HDD
    2.- Your Canon tech is a Jerk
    3.- U need / or a Canon Trained tech who works for a Canon Authorized Dealer can get access to the SST Program & Firmware needed to format HDD and load printer firmware in SST> then onto HDD
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

KarenTilly

Wow. He made it all sound so complex and coveted! Thanks. Just out of curiosity, why can't I install the hard drive, which I know how to do, and get the software directly from Canon? I own the copier outright with no service agreements with any local authorized dealers.

Wow. He made it all sound so complex and coveted! Thanks. Just out of curiosity, why can't I install the hard drive, which I know how to do, and get the software directly from Canon? I own the copier outright with no service agreements with any local authorized dealers.
    Canon will not/ does not sell iR Firmware/

u don't need a service agreement to request a Canon authorized trained tech from a dealer who services Canon-

Like I said---u need the Canon SST Program/ + the 2270 Firmware + a Canon OEM HDD or similar compatible one that is in printer- new HDD can only & must be formated from SST/2270 Firmware format file-

another point --if your Boot Rom is lower than v6.36- u will not be able to load/ format/ and the BootRom cannot be upgraded on the new HDD/

U & or Tech will need to Bring the original BootRom that is lower than v6.36 to a known working machine and flash it to v6.36 or higher. Install the BootRom back into the original machine, format and install the System software./

Do u have a P PRINT with printer/version settings

It' a cruel world out there~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

steveriches

yes mc just needs new hard drive software however can only be installed by engineer useing service suport tool you most certainly dont need a new mc, try holding down the 1and9 keys when powering on the mc hold these buttons down mc will then show a small white box on the display panel will blink and move across the screen this will carry out a hard disk chk and you need to leave it untill the whole of the display panel fill up worth a try
    good luck
    steveriches

Technician

Hello. I have problem with IR2230 without hdd. When i turn on machine display show me fIrst E602-001 and next second stay ready for coping. When costumer coping machine works fine. I install firmware version 62.02 dcon 30.02 and bug was stay. Doese enyone have solution or answer? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E-Maintenance View Post
    Hello. I have problem with IR2230 without hdd. When i turn on machine display show me fIrst E602-001 and next second stay ready for coping. When costumer coping machine works fine. I install firmware version 62.02 dcon 30.02 and bug was stay. Doese enyone have solution or answer? Thanks
    E602-0001 error came with the boot ROM update to version 10.42 or later, version 8.38 does not have this issue> believe Canon corrected on v11.43

do u have 128 or 256 memory installed ??

if only 128 replace with single 256 >>or add 128mb more memory if you upgrade to ver.60 or higher

or---roll back to version 8.38 of the Boot ROM.

Technician

It was a long time back when we install these machine and i forgot some tricks so can i just install new bootrom software or a must install new bootrom hardware? I have another problem with registering language in SST version 4.52e. When i want to register language in SST show me error CHECKSUM ERROR! Thanks and i send you what i resolved with machine.

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    E602-0001 error came with the boot ROM update to version 10.42 or later, version 8.38 does not have this issue> believe Canon corrected on v11.43

do u have 128 or 256 memory installed ??

if only 128 replace with single 256 >>or add 128mb more memory if you upgrade to ver.60 or higher

or---roll back to version 8.38 of the Boot ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by E-Maintenance View Post
    It was a long time back when we install these machine and i forgot some tricks so can i just install new bootrom software or a must install new bootrom hardware? I have another problem with registering language in SST version 4.52e. When i want to register language in SST show me error CHECKSUM ERROR! Thanks and i send you what i resolved with machine.

Checksum Error=

Shut down the copier and the laptop.
    Unplug the copier and re-seat the connections on the interface cable from the laptop to the copier.
    Turn on the laptop and start the service support tool. Then, plug in the copier and turn on the power switch. Select "main menu" from the start-up message of the Support Tool, then select "to next" under "download / upload. Select the appropriate copier type and PCB and try again.

how much memory do u have ??

System & Language ver must match (be same ver.)

don't be selective / just reload firmware and select to overwrite all when prompted/

In order to upgrade to v62.02, an additional 128MB of RAM must be added to increase the memory size to 256MB of RAM.

see pdf>>>>>>>>>v62.02.pdf

Hi all,

I get this error on a canon e2830. I need to reload the software.
    Can anyone sent to me the SST and the firmware to reload that?

Thanks