Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Canon ir4570/3570/2270 etc. Jammig in right door

I have three machines that jam intermitten in the right door verticle paper path. Can anyone tell me if there is a kit or a list of parts to modify or fix this door problem?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts kwazimoto's Avatar

jamming at door

first thing is canon made a new roller 4 the vertical feed for cassette one part number is fb6-4852-000 rubber is know grey was black..second fix is increaseing the foam on door was only on the end. put some in the middle bye the trans ports rollers..make sure the foam is high enough to hit the cross piece of the guide if the makes sence...If not write back
    happy New Year

Service Manager 250+ Posts lkrsardis's Avatar

4570 jams

kwazimoto is right. write me and i will send you some pdfs about the jam problem. it would help to have the jam codes.

4570 jams

The new vertical rollers work great also check the inner door for tray one found it to become loose when the outside right door is opened then closed replaced the inner door and my jam issue disappeared. good luck

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

jamming

open the right door, on the front and rear where the door closes is a rubber pad, or should be if it hasn't fell off or moved position. It's where the door closes and meets the body of the copier, change rollers per thread before.
    there is a foam strip you can put along the front, but i heard thats not so good. part number is FC5-7244 believe. There is a new right door assy to take care of the problem i will send you the info.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon ir4570/3570/2270 etc. Jammig in right door

as yourown stated about rubber pad's located at the each of end of the right door.Its hard to see it so i will be precise as much i can.the one of rubber pad is about 4-5 cm from an end of the door and 4-5 cm from the top of the door.same for both sides.

Paper is jamming becoze low pressure of the right door on vertical transport rolls. U should cut 2 peaces of rubber 1 cm long and 0.5 cm wide and stick it into that holes where rubber pad's stand.

I did this and i never ever had any problems whit paper jamming.Didn't even need mod. parts
    hope i helped

Canon modified right side rear door for iR3035 to avoid this jamming problem.

Service Manager 100+ Posts CanonHPTech's Avatar
    Vertical Path Roller FB6-4852-000: This must be grey now, not black. If you see black, replace it or you will get a call back. Just becareful that you do not bend/break the bushing on the left side of roller when removing. Try to use your finger nail to pry not a screw driver. Have seen a couple get loose and if that bushing slips your Vert. Path Roller gets poor drive and you will get jamming there again. There is update now that includes a new busing and an e-clip instead, but lets not worry about that yet.

Foam Strip (Right Door Sheet Update) FC5-7244-000: (when installing, I now remove the two old pads if installed on each side and cut off two small pieces that will fit vertically in their places (cut from an old Foam Strip, yes, you have to save them, and yes they do where out quickly and have to be checked/replaced) then also sometimes will cut two other pieces and place them on the Vert. Path guide inside just behind the little cutout holes for the white idler rollers. The important key is when placing that foam strip on the door (horizontally), make sure to put it up as high as possible and keep it even with the top of the door (where the yellow warning label is), I have seen techs put it down low on the door and will only temporarily solve jamming. Also make sure you test copying from Cassette 2 also after you install this strip. Had a few where I put if on crooked/wrong and Cassette 2 would jam.

While your in there, if the Vertical Path Guide (Black with White plastic rollers) falls out or you are able to push it all the way down without removing covers, then replace it. Also, the Guide behind it bows/warps and also causes jamming/skewing. Usually the give away about this guide is that the flat tab on the rear side of the guide is missing, giving uneven pressure as it exits Cassette 1. Part numbers are as follows:

Inner Vert Path Guide FC5-0595-010:
    Outer Vert Path Guide (Lower Right Door) FM3-1297-000: this is new part number and is actually for the newer 3035 series. Just remove the Metal Plate and grouding strap. You are actually supposed to use this Guide when doing a full update to this area (which includes Outer Door, Springs, etc.), but for costs sake, you should be able to get away with just the guide, but you have to remove the plate or the door will not close.

Good luck sir, please post results.
    The glass maybe half full, but less is more...
    Printer + Fax + Copier = Jack Of Many Trades,
    but Master Of None
    Color Copier = Not A Color Printer
    InkJet MFP = Not A Fax Machine
    B/W Copier = Not A Press
    Finisher = Deal Closer (salesman, not accessory)
    Copier Tech = Admin's Stress Ball (Scapegoat)

That's it.After that no problems.
    The Essentials Of Imaging

Thumbs up

CanonHPtech,Nice info.
    Thanks for sharing.