Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRA 2020L

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Angry IRA 2020L

Hello

I have 'inherited' one of these amazing copiers.......

It has 4Gb of flash memory as standard.

I have installed the UFR driver, as this model does not support PCL.

My issue is that it will not print anything over 2Mb, it just sits in the print queue, nothing happens.

Does anyone have any experience working on the shoddy L versions seeing this problem?

Thanks

V

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IRA 2020L

Re: IRA 2020L

Quote Originally Posted by vamoursly View Post
    Hello

I have 'inherited' one of these amazing copiers.......

It has 4Gb of flash memory as standard.

I have installed the UFR driver, as this model does not support PCL.

My issue is that it will not print anything over 2Mb, it just sits in the print queue, nothing happens.

Does anyone have any experience working on the shoddy L versions seeing this problem?

Thanks

V
    Print Driver needed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppor...ersAndSoftware

UFRII
    (Standard on all models)

imageRUNNER ADVANCE C2000 Series includes UFR II standard printing capabilities, as well as an optional PCL Printer Kit and an optional PS Printer Kit,

are u in Limited Functions Mode

Print Specifications
    UFRII (Standard on all models)
    PCL5/6: (Standard for i models, iR-ADV C2030i /2020i, Optional for L models: iR-ADV C2030L/2020L with Canon PCL Printer Kit-AG1), Adobe PostScript 3 (Optional on i models only with Canon PS Printer Kit-AG1)

SEND SPECIFICATIONS
    Optional/Standard iR-ADV C2030L/2020L: option (it requires Colour Universal Send Kit-R1
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

_ 250+ Posts

Hi,

Any chance that within 1 of that 4gb flash memory giving you the problem? Swap out the 1 slot of the RAM with another to test.

From my duration with UFRII driver, yet to came this kind of issue unless job that is printed out is graphic-intensive type.

Which is version DC-CON.Install new firmvare on DC-CON ver. 31 or later.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    IRA 2020L

Does the machine have the latest firmware ?

System Software Ver. 32.01
    -[Modification of field claim]
    Modification of error that print data is occasionally lost or broken when a job using LPR from one PC is
    submitted more than 4 times simultaneously, or when a job using LPR from more than 4 PCs is submitted
    simultaneously.
    (JP Claim)
    -[Modification of field claim]
    Modification of error that printing occasionally fails from Mac PS driver.
    Might help..

Hello

Thanks for the help as always, I upgraded the firmware to the latest version as standard.

I will locate some memory for the machine and test it.

I will let you know how I get on.

Many thanks again, baffling this one

V

IRA 2020L

Hello

Thanks for the help as always, I upgraded the firmware to the latest version as standard.

I will locate some memory for the machine and test it.

I will let you know how I get on.

Many thanks again, baffling this one

V

did u try to reload UFRII PRINT DRIVER

I downloaded and installed from canon's uk website the Canon UFR II/ UFRII LT Printer Driver v20.70 (v20.70)

I took a look on the US link you sent me and it looks like the same version.

I bypassed server printing etc, just installed a queue on my own laptop, set the port to the copiers ip and it would print office documents fine, but not anything over circa 2Mb

Another issue that was flagged was they had it configured on USB, no issues at all.

Guess how this call started, USB no longer working, checked through the error logs / configuration, everything looks fine.

Can anyone tell me the difference between how a print is handled between USB and network interfaces? Surely it uses the same flash memory to cache the job, format it, then print it?

Thanks

V

mjarbar

I downloaded and installed from canon's uk website the Canon UFR II/ UFRII LT Printer Driver v20.70 (v20.70)

I bypassed server printing etc, just installed a queue on my own laptop, set the port to the copiers ip and it would print office documents fine, but not anything over circa 2Mb

Another issue that was flagged was they had it configured on USB, no issues at all.

Guess how this call started, USB no longer working, checked through the error logs / configuration, everything looks fine.

Can anyone tell me the difference between how a print is handled between USB and network interfaces? Surely it uses the same flash memory to cache the job, format it, then print it?

Thanks

V
    The USB driver if I remember correctly is just a flavour of the PCL driver, the main differece between the drivers is that the UFRII driver uses the customers computer to process the job into a data stream the copier can use, whereas the PCL does it at the copier end.

The fact you say the USB has packed up and nothing over 2MB will print sounds like a faulty or corrupt memory module that is stopping the processing of the job. I think thses modules are just a fancy thumb drive that is plugged in on the back of the main board somewhere, but unlike the usual Canon HDD's I don't know if they have to be formatted, so you may be able to try a blank flash drive to see if it changes anything.

IRA 2020L

Thanks

V

Your iR2020 Scan File Size
    PDF =Single-page file B&W: 63 KB
    PDF=Multi-page file B&W: 2 MB
    All files are transmitted using 300-dpi and PDF mode.

Purpose of the 128MB Memory Stick that is attached to the Main Controller ----
    128MB Memory Stick is used as an image data buffering device, while utilizing the SEND functionality of the machine

*Note
    Do not remove the Memory Stick from the machine. If the Memory Stick is removed, SEND functionality will be lost.