Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canon NP 6050

Re: Canon NP 6050 blank copies

help with blank copy canon np6050. Already Jammed the copier in the middle of copying and looked at if there is am image on the surface of the drum. but no image at all. so i conclude that there is no primary charging (no output on primary charging) Developer is ok (rotating as in no broken gears).

What i notice that there is no Primary charging, no output on transfer/separation. (no high pitch sound)

I also notice that when i tried to copy a multiple copies, slowly there will come out an image. It takes to run many copies to create a whole image of the document. So what might be the problem?

Already clean primary charging recaptacle, transfer/separation receptacle and check for high voltage leakages.

Electrical problem? no 24v supply on HVT? (Note: already check HVT boards for Cold solder terminals. HVT ok, because i already swapped it with other machine. i did not yet swap the other parts because it takes miles to go there.

Any more suggestions?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon NP 6050

Re: Canon NP 6050

Rewire corona units. Change developer clutch.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Canon NP 6050 blank copies

Quote Originally Posted by mdm7266 View Post
    help with blank copy canon np6050. Already Jammed the copier in the middle of copying and looked at if there is am image on the surface of the drum. but no image at all. so i conclude that there is no primary charging (no output on primary charging) Developer is ok (rotating as in no broken gears).

What i notice that there is no Primary charging, no output on transfer/separation. (no high pitch sound)

I also notice that when i tried to copy a multiple copies, slowly there will come out an image. It takes to run many copies to create a whole image of the document. So what might be the problem?

Already clean primary charging recaptacle, transfer/separation receptacle and check for high voltage leakages.

Electrical problem? no 24v supply on HVT? (Note: already check HVT boards for Cold solder terminals. HVT ok, because i already swapped it with other machine. i did not yet swap the other parts because it takes miles to go there.

Any more suggestions?

Replace the lamp it is burned out. It controls the charge. look at the ends they will be blackened. Meaning it is gone.

Canon NP 6050

He says he's slowly getting an image. Still worth a look at the lamp.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    He says he's slowly getting an image. Still worth a look at the lamp.
    A quick check of the lamp... turn on machine does the lamp light up during initial startup?

Quote Originally Posted by yourownfree View Post
    A quick check of the lamp... turn on machine does the lamp light up during initial startup?
    exposure lamp lights on at start up of copying (on during scanning) Lamp is ok

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdm7266 View Post
    exposure lamp lights on at start up of copying (on during scanning) Lamp is ok
    Oh great! I thought it was going top be easy. Well I guess it will be once you find it.
    Ok here we go: check the bypass door switch. Believe it or not if it doesnt work right there will be no 24 volts for your hvts.
    Oh and here is a thought. turn off potential control and see if that works. Be sure to reboot machine after the pot. control is turned off. Did you by chance mess with the hvt and forget to plug a wire back in? I have seen the hvt transformers go south. Now I am just giving you ideas. Here is another, pull the pretrans assy out of the machine and reboot machine does it work now? It could be shorted.This sounds crazy too, but I dont remember on this model or not if there is a connector on the back side of the transport that goes to the fuser. If so unplug it. maybe it is the fuser bias shorting it out. This will tell if it is or not. I am running out of ideas......... How about the reg clutch is there a wire at the clutch shorting. Is the clutch mounted firmly and pinned into position?
    Maybe you just dont have 24 volts to the hvt because something is shorting the 24 volt line somewhere. Or maybe the claning erase lamps are stuck on. take a peak inside the machine with front door open and see if the red lights stay on. Arent these attached to the pretrans? I think they are. Pulling the pretrans should prove that. It has been years since I have worked on this machine. So give me some slack here. Hope some of these ideas help you.

Canon NP 6050

Did you check the dv clutch yet?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    Did you check the dv clutch yet?
    I you want to see if it is the dev clutch, pull the dev unit out, look at the dev roller does it have toner on it? if not then dv clutch could be at fault. rotate dv unit by hand replace in machine and see if you get any prints. If you do and it is just at the lead are and then fades out then dv clutch is at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by yourownfree View Post
    Oh great! I thought it was going top be easy. Well I guess it will be once you find it.
    Ok here we go: check the bypass door switch. Believe it or not if it doesnt work right there will be no 24 volts for your hvts.
    Oh and here is a thought. turn off potential control and see if that works. Be sure to reboot machine after the pot. control is turned off. Did you by chance mess with the hvt and forget to plug a wire back in? I have seen the hvt transformers go south. Now I am just giving you ideas. Here is another, pull the pretrans assy out of the machine and reboot machine does it work now? It could be shorted.This sounds crazy too, but I dont remember on this model or not if there is a connector on the back side of the transport that goes to the fuser. If so unplug it. maybe it is the fuser bias shorting it out. This will tell if it is or not. I am running out of ideas......... How about the reg clutch is there a wire at the clutch shorting. Is the clutch mounted firmly and pinned into position?
    Maybe you just dont have 24 volts to the hvt because something is shorting the 24 volt line somewhere. Or maybe the claning erase lamps are stuck on. take a peak inside the machine with front door open and see if the red lights stay on. Arent these attached to the pretrans? I think they are. Pulling the pretrans should prove that. It has been years since I have worked on this machine. So give me some slack here. Hope some of these ideas help you.
    bypass door micro switch is ok. i already put a shorting wire on its plug. pre transfer assembly is also removed. no shorting wire on registration clutch. i suspect that 24 volts to hvt is being cut due to something that shorting it out. drum heater (inside the drum) is ok. thanks for the ideas.try to troubleshoot more. just take a rest.