Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canon NP 6050

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Canon NP 6050

Quote Originally Posted by mdm7266 View Post
    bypass door micro switch is ok. i already put a shorting wire on its plug. pre transfer assembly is also removed. no shorting wire on registration clutch. i suspect that 24 volts to hvt is being cut due to something that shorting it out. drum heater (inside the drum) is ok. thanks for the ideas.try to troubleshoot more. just take a rest.
    Oh my a tough one. you can check output from the hvt directly from the tranformer if you like. But I suppose you should check to see if you have 24 volts at the hvt first. I wonder if the signal is being sent from the dc controller to turn on the hvt. But here is a trick. If you have an neon bulb an NE-2 type say from an old electric blanket controller all you need to do is put a 1 megohm resistor on one leg of the neon bulb, any leg and just leave the other one not hooked to anything but tape it up so it doesnt touch anything. Then use the end with the resistor attached as a probe. You can use it to probe high voltage such as from an hvt. The neon bulb gas will light up with 90 volts ac. Beats fouling up a meter cause it will. So here is my thought, do you really have 24 volts at the hvt, you need to make sure. If that is ok then the next step is do you have high voltage coming out. You can also pull the cconnector on the hvt that goes to the trans/sep, the high voltage one, and just let the connector be about 2 mm or so away from making a connection with the connector it plugs into. turn on machine listen carefully for high voltage arcing to the connector.
    If you have high voltage that would be good. Plug it back in. I remember you saying now no high voltage. But with this check you can no if there is high voltage and it is shorting at the corona assy area somehwere, if you do the check and hear high voltage arcing. If not then the transformer and or hvt assy is bad or it is not powered with 24 vdc or if it has 24 vdc then it could be the transformer. rare there is no signal to turn on hvt from the DC controller. I supppose if it was a laser problem the machine would throw a 100 code, unless the shutter is not opening up. But then the drum potential would change. Have you tried to turn off the potential control yet? This seems like the first thing I would do as that is easy to turn on and off.

good day to everyone. i already solved the problem. its the primary charging corona wire spring contact to the terminal on the rear side of the primary assy. the contact to the spring is corroded thats why there is no charging coming from the wire to the drum. i disassembled the side plates of the primary assembly clean the contacts and replaced the corona wire. Problem solved!

I would like to thank all of you who give their ideas and support to solved the problem.

Again thank you very much.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdm7266 View Post
    good day to everyone. i already solved the problem. its the primary charging corona wire spring contact to the terminal on the rear side of the primary assy. the contact to the spring is corroded thats why there is no charging coming from the wire to the drum. i disassembled the side plates of the primary assembly clean the contacts and replaced the corona wire. Problem solved!

I would like to thank all of you who give their ideas and support to solved the problem.

Again thank you very much.
    Never fails, something easy. good job. we will be asking you next time for assistance, you are the man!
    Funny too as That had crossed my mind, but I guess we assumed that was ok. We can now add that to our list.
    Thanks for replying back, that's a big help. Especially for the next guy.