Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

iR3230,iR3235 & iR3245 main controller P.C.B

Morning to you guys,

I just want to check with you guys the newer generation of iR series Canon machine i.e iR3230, iR3235 & iR3245 are the main controller P.C.B are the same ? Can I interchange it and of course the counter and serial number need to follow with the same machine.

Any one have try swap the P.C.B when trying to trouble shoot a problem ?

Technician

Re: iR3230,iR3235 & iR3245 main controller P.C.B

I once used the main PCB of an ir3300 to repair a ir3320i.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Guy View Post
    Morning to you guys,

I just want to check with you guys the newer generation of iR series Canon machine i.e iR3230, iR3235 & iR3245 are the main controller P.C.B are the same ? Can I interchange it and of course the counter and serial number need to follow with the same machine.

Any one have try swap the P.C.B when trying to trouble shoot a problem ?
    It is illegal to tamper with this circuit in an attempt to falsify the counter readings of any Canon
    Copier.

Serial Number PCB's are restricted.
    The Serial Number PCB can only be obtained bycontacting the Canon Technical Support Hotline.

Counter Memory, Serial Number and Main Controller PCBs work as a set and are considered the “Soft Counter Circuit”. The Counter Memory PCB is electronically stamped with the serial number from the Serial Number PCB.
    Neither the Counter Memory PCB nor the Serial Number PCB can be swapped to other equipment.
    The Counter Memory PCB keeps track of the total count, which cannot be erased or changed. The service counters are retained by the Main Controller. These counters can be reset manually through service mode. When the Counter Memory PCB must be replaced, after installing the new one, the new Counter Memory PCB learns the Total Count from the Main Controller. This is retained in SRAM on the Main Controller PCB and held active by means of an on board battery.

see pdf>>>>>>>>>>iR B&W Counters_TP05 108d.pdf
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi Teckat,

May be my question earlier a bit confused. Of course I know to tampered the serial number nor the counter is illegal.

My question is the MAIN CONTROLLER P.C.B between iR3230,iR3235 & iR3245 is the same or not. In the event if the MAIN CONTROLLER P.C.B is malfunction can we interchange in between.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Guy View Post
    Hi Teckat,

May be my question earlier a bit confused. Of course I know to tampered the serial number nor the counter is illegal.

My question is the MAIN CONTROLLER P.C.B between iR3230,iR3235 & iR3245 is the same or not. In the event if the MAIN CONTROLLER P.C.B is malfunction can we interchange in between.
    Main's have different part #'s as u can see

FM4-1245-000 1 MAIN CONTROLLER PCB ASSEMBLY iR3225 Series
    (25ppm)
    FM4-1246-000 1 MAIN CONTROLLER PCB ASSEMBLY iR3230 Series
    (30ppm)
    FM4-1247-000 1 MAIN CONTROLLER PCB ASSEMBLY iR3235 Series
    (40ppm)
    FM4-1248-000 1 MAIN CONTROLLER PCB ASSEMBLY iR3245 Series
    (45ppm)

DC PCB's below~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FM3-5051-000 1 DC CONTROLLER PCB ASSEMBLY iR3245,3235,3230 Series
    FM3-5052-000 1 DC CONTROLLER PCB ASSEMBLY iR3225 Series
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Cool Re: iR3230,iR3235 & iR3245 main controller P.C.B

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    It is illegal to tamper with this circuit in an attempt to falsify the counter readings of any Canon
    Copier.

Watch out for the Canon Police Enforcement.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Copier.

Serial Number PCB's are restricted.
    The Serial Number PCB can only be obtained bycontacting the Canon Technical Support Hotline.

Counter Memory, Serial Number and Main Controller PCBs work as a set and are considered the “Soft Counter Circuit”. The Counter Memory PCB is electronically stamped with the serial number from the Serial Number PCB.
    Neither the Counter Memory PCB nor the Serial Number PCB can be swapped to other equipment.
    The Counter Memory PCB keeps track of the total count, which cannot be erased or changed. The service counters are retained by the Main Controller. These counters can be reset manually through service mode. When the Counter Memory PCB must be replaced, after installing the new one, the new Counter Memory PCB learns the Total Count from the Main Controller. This is retained in SRAM on the Main Controller PCB and held active by means of an on board battery.

see pdf>>>>>>>>>>iR B&W Counters_TP05 108d.pdf

Sorry old post I know, but ir3300 2800 2200 can be interchanged. Not advising anything illegal. Just for information purposes only