Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    percx

Export ir5020 address books with passwords

I am trying to export the address book on my ir5020 and import it into another ir5020. We have setup the first one with user and passwords to to do scan to file. The export is moving everything but passwords . I rather not have to enter the 500 users passwords manually.

I have done this in the past with other models. Just not sure why this is not working!

Any help would be appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Export ir5020 address books with passwords

Re: Export ir5020 address books with passwords

Not sure about Passwords !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Universal Send Capable imageRUNNER Models, All imagePRESS Series
    Importing an Address Book on to the imageRUNNER-iR Series or imagePRESS Series

Address book to be imported from a computer to the imageRUNNER-iR series or imagePRESS series copiers that use the Universal Send feature-

Solution :
    With the Remote UI you can save address books stored in the device to files and load address books from files into the device. This function is useful when you want to use an address book with a different device, or make a backup copy of an address book. (This function is only available when the Image Reader-A1 is installed in the imageRUNNER 5000i/6000i.)
    Address books can be exported from the device to a computer and imported to the device from a computer, using the RUI.
    Important
    :

You cannot use the devices control panel when importing is taking place.
    When you select [Append] for the Import Method: if addresses in the file to be downloaded have the same name as those already registered in the device, those addresses are treated as new registrations with the same name. However, the information for the one touch button is not added.
    When [Overwrite] is selected for Import Method: the addresses registered in the device are completed erased, and then the contents of the file are loaded into the device.
    When overwrite importing, the settings stored in the Favorites buttons and destinations stored in the Recall function are erased.
    When overwrite importing, the send screen returns to its standard settings.
    You cannot import if the machine is already reading an original which is to be sent.
    You can register up to 1800 addresses in an address book. (200 of these are addresses assigned to the one touch buttons.) Each address is treated as a separate item. When importing additional addresses, make sure that you do not exceed an overall total of 1800 addresses.
    When importing LDAP format files, only the e-mail addresses are registered into the device. Make sure the number of items does not exceed 1800.
    The information of the address book one touch buttons cannot be imported in LDAP.

To Load Address Books into the Device from Saved Files on a PC:
    1. From the RUI, click the [Add. Func.] button, and select [Import/Export] from the menu.

* Note- If an ID has been set for the system manager, a dialog box for inputting the user name and password will appear. Input the system manager ID in the user name section and the password in the password section.

2. Click [Import...].

3. Select your desired options (see below) and then click the [Import on this criteria] button.
    -Address book: Select the address book to be updated.
    -Import method: Select the update method for the address book. Pick either:
    * Append- The addresses in the loaded file are added. The currently registered addresses are not changed.
    * Overwrite- The currently registered addresses are replaced with the addresses in the loaded file.
    -File Path: Specify the file to be loaded.
    -Format: Select the format of the file to be loaded. Pick either:
    * Custom Format- Select this when the file is to be imported into imageRUNNER.
    * LDAP Format- Select this when the file is to be used with different application software.
    Note - Pick either Custom or LDAP based on how the address book was exported originally (i.e. Custom or LDAP).

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Export ir5020 address books with passwords

I haven't used it in quite some time, but I think the Canon Address Book Tool may help you out here.

You may also be able to wrangle the address book with a text editor. As I recall, though, some of the newer models (or even older ones with newer firmware), may not display the passwords as the older ones did. (Again, it's been a loooong time.)
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins