Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    modotech

How do you rank Canon, Xerox, Ricoh and Konica?

Hi! How do you position those brands in a professional aspect? According to the quality? Printing speed? Price? After-sale service? Or the solutions that they provide?
    P.S. It's about the multifunctional printer

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: How do you rank Canon, Xerox, Ricoh and Konica?

Quote Originally Posted by modotech View Post
    Hi! How do you position those brands in a professional aspect? According to the quality? Printing speed? Price? After-sale service? Or the solutions that they provide?
    CANON--CANON--CANON--CANON--CANON

nothing left to say
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

... what a surprise. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Canon U.S.A. Closes Out 2012 In Award-Winning Fashion

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., November 15, 2012 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is proud to mark 2012 as another award-winning year. Customers and publications are praising Canon across various product segments for quality, innovation and customer support. The business world has taken note of Canon's dedication to environmental issues and industry-leading practices. This year, Canon was selected as one of Interbrand's 50 Best Global Green Brands 2012 (ranking number 29) while also placing among the top five companies in the computer industry on Fortune magazine's 2012 World's Most Admired Companies list.

Additional key awards and industry recognitions received by Canon include the PCMag.com Readers' Choice Award for Service and Reliability
    in the digital camera and printer categories for the ninth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past two years; placement in the Leaders Quadrant of the 2012 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Print Services Worldwide1 report; and for the fourth consecutive year, BenchmarkPortal's2 Center of Excellence certification, demonstrating Canon's dedication to providing comprehensive service and support to customers.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by modotech View Post
    This is a debatable topic,...a 'hot potato' in hand. Opinions differ & vary among both consumers and professionals alike. I have worked for both Canon and Mita, before the latter merged with Kyocera. Based on your parameters above, I would stake my money on KM products! The kyocera-Mita machines are really Robust and Reliable,very good copy qualities. The parts are very durable and long lasting with very low failure rate. Fake toner is rare! All good things come at a price though! Both the machines & parts are quite expensive, but worth every cent. I occasionally still service & repair them, I interact daily with their local techs here & compare notes...easy maintenance.
    In my country here big organizations & government departments are all swapping their other machines for KM.
    That is my view. As the saying goes, '' If you don't visit other people's home you think your mother is the best cook''. Wait for other opinions.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I still think Eskofot is going to make a return in a big way. Wasn't it their machine that talked? Thats gotta garner some votes.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Canon crap quality on monocomponent toner machines, Good high volume.
    Xerox crap after sales service, (UK)
    Konica crap low/mid volume machines, Good high volume.
    Ricoh sort of average on all counts.

That is my view. As the saying goes, '' If you don't visit other people's home you think your wife is the best in bed......''. Wait for other opinions.
    Last edited by Gamut; 11-17-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: add content

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Canon U.S.A. Closes Out 2012 In Award-Winning Fashion

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., November 15, 2012 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is proud to mark 2012 as another award-winning year. Customers and publications are praising Canon across various product segments for quality, innovation and customer support. The business world has taken note of Canon's dedication to environmental issues and industry-leading practices. This year, Canon was selected as one of Interbrand's 50 Best Global Green Brands 2012 (ranking number 29) while also placing among the top five companies in the computer industry on Fortune magazine's 2012 World's Most Admired Companies list.

Additional key awards and industry recognitions received by Canon include the PCMag.com Readers' Choice Award for Service and Reliability
    in the digital camera and printer categories for the ninth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past two years; placement in the Leaders Quadrant of the 2012 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Print Services Worldwide1 report; and for the fourth consecutive year, BenchmarkPortal's2 Center of Excellence certification, demonstrating Canon's dedication to providing comprehensive service and support to customers.
    Yeah but Panasonic ranked no 6 in the Interbrand's 50 Best Global Green Brands 2012 but i would never buy one lol. All manufactures have thier good and bad models just some have more bad than good

Senior Technician 50+ Posts mrfixit's Avatar

Can't really say what's best but I am not a big Canon fan, they have kept the same boxes for years from the np series to the IR series 5000 and alike, and not a big fan of the smaller ones they came out with, 4570 and alike. Haven't seen the newest ones much but noticed they finally got rid of T/S wires. I thing Konica Minolta has the best color machines except for nvram issues, but the C350 series and alike were great machines. There black and whites sucked though and the color from the C352 on had some disappointing issues. Gamut, can I stop by your house and give you a second opinion.