Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    wlspar

canon IR7105 with v2 finisher keeps getting E584 and E57A and noise in finisher

Used troubleshooting guide in service Manual for V2 Finisher Both for e584 and e57a . After checking connectors, sensors, and Dc conroller their was no change So I've replaced motors, sensors, and Controller board as suggested in manual for both codes E584 having to do with the paddle motors , sensors, and connectors and E57A having to do with paper edge area sensors,and stopper shift motor. I am still getting a binding noise that only last for 5 seconds making it difficult to troubleshoot before the finisher and copier errors out.
    Last edited by wlspar; 11-21-2012 at 04:05 PM.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    canon IR7105 with v2 finisher keeps  getting E584 and E57A and noise in finisher

Re: canon IR7105 with v2 finisher keeps getting E584 and E57A and noise in finisher

Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Re: canon IR7105 with v2 finisher keeps getting E584 and E57A and noise in finisher

Quote Originally Posted by wlspar View Post
    Used troubleshooting guide in service Manual for V2 Finisher Both for e584 and e57a . After checking connectors, sensors, and Dc conroller their was no change So I've replaced motors, sensors, and Controller board as suggested in manual for both codes E584 having to do with the paddle motors , sensors, and connectors and E57A having to do with paper edge area sensors,and stopper shift motor. I am still getting a binding noise that only last for 5 seconds making it difficult to troubleshoot before the finisher and copier errors out.
    There is so much complain about this model of finisher. I asked a Canon technician regarding that trouble and he said the problem will be solved by initializing the "sensor" in the finisher and can not be solved thru service mode in the machine. I don't know if he's telling the truth but one thing for sure this problem is very common in this model. Still obscure to me how to solve this problem.
    The manual is referring to the connectors of the paddle rotation motor and the shutter HP sensor and the Finisher controller PCB. And also the paper edge stopper shift motor.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Check your Power supply voltages ( FK2-1743 )

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    canon IR7105 with v2 finisher keeps  getting E584 and E57A and noise in finisher

Please let us know what the solution was. Anytime I have seen a noise with the lower 5570 machines it was due to a cable problem, dirty or some crap on the track maybe?

I am getting the E57A-8003.

I know it is the stapler unit movement.

All I want is to turn off the stapling sh*t through user Limiting Mode but the machine will not allow me to do so.

As it starts up, the error is there and I cannot do anything.

Is there any way to turn it off in Service Mode ?

Not sure about that but i think this was the cable causing this problem. You will need to remove the entire stapler plate assembly. Just reach in and take out the screws, similar to the 5570. You will need to take the trays up and off and the Lower tray plate plate off to get to the wires.

The Actual Canon soultion for this is below because the finisher cannot initialize, you cant limit functions!

Solution :
    The stapler is in a clinched condition. The stapler must be removed and cleared of any jammed staples caught in mid cycle.

yeah I removed the stapler box. The stapling cartridge was jammed inside the box.
    I managed to get it out but I still think the stapler unit is somehow f**** up.

I will try to dismantle it and see what will come up.

Thnx
    V-P

good day,

Check the stapler drive motor and the plastic gear attached to it. Sometimes this gear tends to loose its grip to the shafting of the motor. You may apply permanent adhesive between these two parts for temporary solution. But the best way is to replace the stapler drive motor.