Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    khomsan

Exclamation IR8070's paper Deck-M1 shows "load paper"

i have installed paper deck M1 of ir8070 the machine found the paper deck but it always show load the paper, i m not sure having any install function in the mode 2 8 or not>?
    Last edited by khomsan; 11-27-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR8070's paper Deck-M1 shows "load paper"

Re: IR8070's paper Deck-M1 shows "load paper"

Quote Originally Posted by khomsan View Post
    i have installed paper deck M1 of ir8070 the machine found the paper deck but it always show load the paper, i m not sure having any install function in the mode 2 8 or not>?
    see pdf----------------Paper Deck-M1 Installation Guide.pdf

service mode/make following changes/power off>on after changes
    COPIER>OPTION>ACC>DK-P
    select your size ??

0=A4
    1-B5
    2=LTR

Check and make sure the mount plate is installed during set-up of the side paper deck.

The Sensor mount plate may be missing or was discarded during set-up. The Sensor mount plate is the actuator for the deck open sensor.

also------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It has been found that PS105 the deck set sensor is not being blocked. Check alignment between the paper deck and the copier.
    The gap should be the same from the top to the bottom.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I have the same problem. it was installed but stopped working. switches look fine, unit registers with copier, but copier says load paper and the icon shows empty on the copier. everything else functions, if I open tray it raises and when i add paper it lowers like it should.

Quote Originally Posted by crwoo View Post
    I have the same problem. it was installed but stopped working. switches look fine, unit registers with copier, but copier says load paper and the icon shows empty on the copier. everything else functions, if I open tray it raises and when i add paper it lowers like it should.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also check the Deck paper supply position sensor PS107

Deck Paper Level Detection
    The deck uses the deck paper supply position sensor (PS107), deck paper level sensor (PS108), and deck paper absent sensor (PS102) to find out and communicate to the copier an approximate level of paper inside its compartment so that the level may be indicated in the copier's control panel.

PS107-When the deck lifter is at the paper supply position, '1'.
    (When the light-blocking sensor is at PS107.)

DECK Paper Level.pdf

Detecting the Presence/Absence of Paper

The presence/absence of paper inside the deck is detected by the deck paper absent sensor (PS102). When the deck runs out of paper and, as a result, the paper detecting lever of the pickup roller assembly leaves the deck paper absent sensor, the copier's control panel will indicate the absence of paper.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I tried all that and the switches work. everything on the paper tray works. is there any setting in the copier that could cause it to say load paper when there are a few reams in the tray?

Quote Originally Posted by crwoo View Post
    I tried all that and the switches work. everything on the paper tray works. is there any setting in the copier that could cause it to say load paper when there are a few reams in the tray?
    ---------------------
    if your deck indicates to load paper even with 1/2 sheets of paper
    I would look at Paper detecting lever operation to block (PS102 paper absent) sensor

if PS102 always reads "0" at that sensor u will always receive a load paper message
    -a change of state signal for "DPE" must be read at the Side deck driver PCB/

u never check a sensor signal at it's load connector> techs still do this all the time ( reason is they don't know what board the supply is coming from)

u r dealing with three sensors--supply position sensor (PS107),paper level sensor (PS108),& paper absent sensor (PS102)

from 1>to 500(ream) sheets >PS102 =The light-blocking plate is over the sensor reads 1(blocked)>to indicate one line in deck image on control panel