Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon iRC3200 - Very weird jamming

Hi all,

I had a problem where a machine would jam in the initial feed assy on the right hand side when feeding from tray 2. Tray 1 was fine and i didn't try the bottom two cassettes at this point.

I had a spare pickup assy in my car but before swapping it for a new one i just swapped the pickup assy's of 1 and 2 around (to try and narrow down whether the problem was with the pickup assy or something else)

The machine worked on both trays, so i performed the usual checks to make sure the machine works fine without any jamming from the top trays for a lot of copies.

As soon as i tried the 3rd tray it would jam, but this where it gets weird - it will feed one piece of paper fine, i can do as many single sheets as i want, the second i try to do one or more sheets the machine jams...in the fuser!

Tray 1 works fine, tray 2 works fine and tray 4 works fine, on all paper sizes.

But no matter what i do with tray 3 it still jams but way over in the fuser!?

I've swapped the pickup assy for tray 3 for a new one incase this caused a problem and it didn't change anything, i tried swapping the entire tray around too and this still didn't solve my problem.

It's a very weird fault as it's only from tray 3 but jams way over in the fuser.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Jamesu
    Have you tried turning it off and on? No...Oh, it works now!

Independent Service Tech 100+ Posts
    Canon iRC3200 - Very weird jamming

Re: Canon iRC3200 - Very weird jamming

This can happen if the paper tray size selector doesn't match the actual paper in the tray, and it will jam in fuser area every time.

Re: Canon iRC3200 - Very weird jamming

That's what I thought which is why I swapped the trays around to see if that solved the problem, but it didn't
    Have you tried turning it off and on? No...Oh, it works now!