Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Iradvc2025 error code e020-1360 after replacing bk drum

I have IRADVC2025 with poor image quality due to worn black drum. Black drum was replaced but gave
    error E020-1360. It goes from 'printer warming' to 'auto gradation' ok but just as it completes then it throws up E020-1360. When old black drum inserted back it works ok with no error code except the PCQ. Out of frustration following done.
    firmware updated ver 33., black hopper replaced soiled with toner, new ITB tried, another new drum tried but to no avail. I searched the forum but the fix relating to error code being screw of front inner cover being loose isn't the issue on this occassion. The Guru's should please contribute. Thanks in advance.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Iradvc2025 error code e020-1360 after replacing bk drum

Quote Originally Posted by rayjeek View Post
    I have IRADVC2025 with poor image quality due to worn black drum. Black drum was replaced but gave
    error E020-1360. It goes from 'printer warming' to 'auto gradation' ok but just as it completes then it throws up E020-1360. When old black drum inserted back it works ok with no error code except the PCQ. Out of frustration following done.
    firmware updated ver 33., black hopper replaced soiled with toner, new ITB tried, another new drum tried but to no avail. I searched the forum but the fix relating to error code being screw of front inner cover being loose isn't the issue on this occassion. The Guru's should please contribute. Thanks in advance.
    Did u clean the laser glass with the glass cleaning tool located inside the front cover,

or try this
    in service mode > COPIER > OPTION > IMG-DEV > AUTO-DH (D-max / D-half control) set to 0 and then install the new drum and power on the copier and performing a full auto graduation.
    then set------
    AUTO-DH back 1 and power cycle the printer.

E020--1360
    Abnormal detected patch reading value
    Detection Light patch although setting 7 for patch level (unable to fit in the target between 550 and 640)
    Check the patch shape.
    Clean the high voltage contact point with dry wiping or air blower.
    Check the harness/connector between the DC Controller (UN09) and the High Voltage PCB.
    Between the DC Controller PCB (UN09/ J21) and the Primary Charging High Voltage PCB (UN06/ J441, J442)
    Between the DC Controller PCB (UN09/ J21, J22) and the Developing High Voltage PCB (UN07/ J451, J452)
    Between the DC Controller PCB (UN09/ J19) and the Auxiliary High Voltage PCB (UN08/J461, J462)
    Between the DC Controller PCB (J205) and the Primary Transfer High Voltage PCB (UN04/J1001)
    -Replace the Drum Unit (Bk)
    -Replace the Registration Patch Sensor Unit
    -Replace the ITB Unit.
    -Check conduction of the fuses (FU5, FU8) in the DC Controller PCB (UN09).
    -Replace the Primary Transfer High Voltage PCB (UN04)
    -Replace the Developing High Voltage PCB (UN07)
    -Replace the Primary Charging High Voltage PCB (UN06)
    -Replace the Auxiliary High Voltage PCB (UN08)
    -Replace the DC Controller PCB (UN09)
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

replace the new laser unit can solve this problem

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Joseph2011's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godyng View Post
    replace the new laser unit can solve this problem
    HELLO:
    I've had the same problem on several occasions, you have to do is the following:
    - The old cartridge retirale the connector located at the front (the contact has several copper)
    - Will you put the new cartridge and Turns the computer and fix the problem

note
    when any change realises cartridges (C / M / Y / BK) and place them just do not follow the procedure fee
    but since you can make code E0020 in any cartridge -1360

regards

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph2011 View Post
    HELLO:
    I've had the same problem on several occasions, you have to do is the following:
    - The old cartridge retirale the connector located at the front (the contact has several copper)
    - Will you put the new cartridge and Turns the computer and fix the problem

note
    when any change realises cartridges (C / M / Y / BK) and place them just do not follow the procedure fee
    but since you can make code E0020 in any cartridge -1360

regards
    Thank you all who contributed. The problem was with the laser. We had to take out laser to clean underneath slit glass soiled with toner. The top cover of laser taken off to do the cleaning.

I am fighting this one today and did all mentioned in this thread but still the same error code.
    Put the old drum back, Tried another ITB, Cleaned Laser, Checked that screw in the middle inner cover - NG

Anymore ideas please?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by MFPTech View Post
    I am fighting this one today and did all mentioned in this thread but still the same error code.
    Put the old drum back, Tried another ITB, Cleaned Laser, Checked that screw in the middle inner cover - NG

Anymore ideas please?

Thanks in advance!
    ================================================== ==============
    Try cleaning the Polygon Mirror in the laser unit

Registration Patch Sensor Assembly FM3-8117-000

Tried cleaning the laser, didn't solve the problem, will try replacing it and the patch sensor Assy. It looks like i did something wrong, it was working before i replaced the Bk Drum and it doesn't work even if i put the old drum back Please don't say that Canon machines are the best because they are not!

Quote Originally Posted by MFPTech View Post
    Tried cleaning the laser, didn't solve the problem, will try replacing it and the patch sensor Assy. It looks like i did something wrong, it was working before i replaced the Bk Drum and it doesn't work even if i put the old drum back Please don't say that Canon machines are the best because they are not!

Many issues with printers (and this includes all makes)
    Usually starts from poor maintenance, poor location, improper installation, lack of training on units being serviced, techs tacking a shotgun approach to the issue, poor troubleshooting techniques, clients trying to repair, use of non-OEM crucial parts, following the proper part replacement procedure, poor record keeping at problem product, © :'(
    and one of the most important issues , customer buying \leasing a printer that does not fit their present or future projected workload.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Many issues with printers (and this includes all makes)
    Usually starts from poor maintenance, poor location, improper installation, lack of training on units being serviced, techs tacking a shotgun approach to the issue, poor troubleshooting techniques, clients trying to repair, use of non-OEM crucial parts, following the proper part replacement procedure, poor record keeping at problem product, © :'(
    and one of the most important issues , customer buying \leasing a printer that does not fit their present or future projected workload.

Amen to that....