Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR-C2620 print problem

Re: iR-C2620 print problem

Quote Originally Posted by ronex View Post
    What would you recommend in this case? Is ti better change rom - from C to N (buy new rom) or is ok when I install new firmware (System module, Language module, and RUI at the same time ).
    My son need this copier for printing: flayer, business cards, small posters, etc.... all in color compatible with monitor color (CMYK). We need good compatibility with CMYK colors.

Is it possible, its problem in Fiery and need to be repaired or changed?

Thank you for help.

regards,ronex

If possible- you need to have a trained technician look at this printer & set up

Sorry, but I don't think you understand clearly --- N Boot rom only comes in the Multi-Pdl Kit> also in that kit is a interface pcb> that interface pcb goes in the same slot on printer that the Firey UFR Board goes into.

You can only use one board in that slot.

On this series iRC3220/2620 when u flash to re-install or upgrade firmware using the SST PROGRAM ,it automatically knows what type of boot rom( C or N) is installed in printer> you don't have to choose it like you did with the iRC3200.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

iR-C2620 print problem

Network Troubleshooting TCP/IP Checklist

Question :
    What are the best steps to take in troubleshooting TCP/IP connectivity on a Windows network?

Answer :
    In a Windows TCP/IP environment, network configuration problems inevitably arise. Often the problem can be traced to an improperly configured TCP/IP setting, but finding the culprit can be difficult. Below are some steps to help determine where the problem exists:
    1. What stopped working? The client, server, or the printer? Ask around to learn if the outage is affecting others or just a single desktop.
    2. If the server stopped working, you should notice other co-workers with similar problems. If this is the case, focus on fixing the server.
    3. If a single client PC has stopped responding to the network, ask the user whether new software was just loaded or any recent changes have been made to the system, including the installation of service packs, new Internet software, video games, and so on.
    4. Check the physical network. The physical topology of your network is most prone to failure. In fact, most network problems are often due to Physical Layer failures (cabling, etc).
    5. Is it plugged in? Check all network cable connections. Start at the NIC. Is there a green link light? Check the wiring closet to see if someone "borrowed" the patch cable. Check the hub to see if the system is getting a link across the cable.
    6. If you don't have a cable tester, get one. Cabling is very susceptible to electricians, cleaning people and so on.
    7. Start PINGing. Windows TCP/IP has the PING command built in. In a typical network you have this order (client->gateway->server) or (client->gateway->internet). First, attempt to PING yourself from the Windows command prompt. Your local "loopback" address for such testing is 127.0.0.1.
    Example:
    C:\WINDOWS>PING 127.0.0.1
    PINGing 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<10ms TTL=32
    Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=32
    PING statistics for 127.0.0.1:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milliseconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 0ms
    If you do not receive a successful PING from yourself, in Windows, try re-installing the TCP/IP protocol from the Network Control Panel or the Network Interface card drivers.

8. If PINGing your loopback worked fine, then try PINGing someone who is on the same subnet as your PC. Be sure the target IP address being PINGed is a valid IP address assigned to a system; otherwise, you'll receive errors. Use the Start | Run | IPCONFIG command to learn your NT/2000 machine's IP configuration (use WINIPCFG with Windows 9x).

WINDOWS SYSTEMS

* IP Config provides valuable information about what network you are on, as well as your gateway address.

Windows 2000

9. If you can PING someone on your local subnet, move on to the next step. If you can't, you're probably experiencing a Physical Layer failure. The usual suspects are bad cables or a NIC gone bad (they do that sometimes). With loopback, you were just testing the inner workings of the TCP/IP protocol stack; with PINGing on your local subnet you tested for failure on the failing machine. Try replacing the network card and using a new patch cable.
    10. The next problem area is the gateway. Find the IP address of your gateway. You can find this in the IPCONFIG screen with NT systems (WINIPCFG for Windows 98).
    11. If you don't have a gateway configured, then one will not show up in WINIPCFG, and this is a problem if you are connecting to another network. In Windows, locate Start | Settings | Control Panel | Network | TCP/IP | Gateway and add your gateway. This is your local interface on your router.

* PING this address; this will prove a solid connection from your PC to the gateway. If you have
    made it this far, the PC is working, the cabling is working, and the router (gateway) interface is
    working. You can skip to the next section.
    * However, if you receive no response from the gateway, and you have one configured, it's time to
    call the Network Administrator. Your router is improperly configured. It must have a local
    interface (IP address) on your subnet to listen to the traffic on your network. If there is no
    interface, have the router administrator add one. If it has one but has stopped working, it could
    mean you're experiencing a router failure, and others will be affected as well. Conversely, the
    router administrator may have loaded an old config; check with the administrator to make sure
    this isn't the case.
    12. The final step is through the gateway. PING something that is on the other side of the gateway. In an intranet, PING a printer on a remote subnet. On the Internet, PING Canon USA (128.11.96.121). If you do so successfully, you should not have a problem. If you can't get to a particular system in your network or on the Internet, that resource may not be available or the router's routing table may be misconfigured.

_ 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

If possible- you need to have a trained technician look at this printer & set up

Sorry, but I don't think you understand clearly --- N Boot rom only comes in the Multi-Pdl Kit> also in that kit is a interface pcb> that interface pcb goes in the same slot on printer that the Firey UFR Board goes into.

You can only use one board in that slot.

On this series iRC3220/2620 when u flash to re-install or upgrade firmware using the SST PROGRAM ,it automatically knows what type of boot rom( C or N) is installed in printer> you don't have to choose it like you did with the iRC3200.
    Hi, Ronex

Best follow Teckat's advise to call in the Cavalry.

Your last ditch effort is perform a "Clear Server" from 2nd screen of your movie or if you are familiar with Fiery software, download & install CommandWork Station to check if it was some corrupted print jobs that is giving you the headache. From CommandWork Station, you can also perform clear server.

Good luck & do have a lot patience when handling Fiery products

Technician

Hi,
    Teckat I have tested my Lan and its OK.

KL568, I have download, instal and claer complete server with Command Work Station.
    Problem stay same.
    I look on Command work Station and see this.
    When I give printing from PC, nothing stay in server. All jobs are done. Only in copier say cancel job (NG #853).
    When I give printing from Command Workstation. Job is done, but stay in copier and paper come not out. In log is then new line with name.txt.....NG......#853.

I think, problem is direct on copier. Maybe is something with firmware. How can I check version of firmware, without SST. How can I check settings in service mode? If they correct?

Maybe is problem in setting. Before was this copier in use only as copier. No one was use this copier as printer. This are only my thinks.

regards, ronex

iR-C2620 print problem

Hi,
    Teckat I have tested my Lan and its OK.

KL568, I have download, instal and claer complete server with Command Work Station.
    Problem stay same.
    I look on Command work Station and see this.
    When I give printing from PC, nothing stay in server. All jobs are done. Only in copier say cancel job (NG #853).
    When I give printing from Command Workstation. Job is done, but stay in copier and paper come not out. In log is then new line with name.txt.....NG......#853.

I think, problem is direct on copier. Maybe is something with firmware. How can I check version of firmware, without SST. How can I check settings in service mode? If they correct?

Maybe is problem in setting. Before was this copier in use only as copier. No one was use this copier as printer. This are only my thinks.

regards, ronex
    #853 usually means u are using an incorrect driver

# 853

Cause 1: When trying to print a large number of pages, the job is not performed due to insufficient memory resources.
    Remedy: Reduce the number of pages to print, or perform the print job again when no other jobs are reserved.

Cause 2: The job could not be processed, because it was cancelled from the printer driver while the print data was being sent to the machine.
    Remedy: Try printing again.

Cause 3: The spool memory is full when Use Spool Function in Network in Preferences (from the Settings/Registration screen) is set to 'On', therefore, data received from the host could not be spooled.
    Remedy: Set Use Spool Function in Network in Preferences (from the Settings/Registration screen) to 'Off', and try sending the print data again.

Cause 4: The maximum number of receivable data exceeds the receive limit.
    Remedy: Try printing the documents again after all current jobs are complete. If you still cannot print, check the sent data.

Cause 5: The number of secured documents exceeded the maximum limit that can be reserved at a time.
    Remedy: Print or erase the secured documents that are stored in the machine, and try printing again.

u already posted your firmware settings-------u are missing RUI ver.
    click on pic below for better view

3220 (Large).JPG

Technician

I have seen my IRC don't have installed RUI. Is this only to enable anywhere in setting or were not installed with firmware??

In this moment, I upload two films on youtube.
    One is begin print with Command Work Station and what happend.
    Second is what happend on copier. Log report.

Technician

Here are films
    Begin of print with Command Work Station. Print from server.

Technician

Second film end of printig and log report.

Is RUI very important for copier work and setting??
    Can we setting same jobs in service mode like in RUI?

iR-C2620 print problem

I have seen my IRC don't have installed RUI. Is this only to enable anywhere in setting or were not installed with firmware??

In this moment, I upload two films on youtube.
    One is begin print with Command Work Station and what happend.
    Second is what happend on copier. Log report.
    u need to have the RUI Firmware installed-------------------------------

What printer driver are u using
    ------------------
    What is your OP //WINDOWS ??

Technician

I have PS and PCL5 driver for IRC3220. I work With Windows 7 64-bit., but is no problem other sistem. I have for test one notebook with Windows XP, he has instaled driver: PS, PCL5, PCL6, URF and URF II.

Is RUI very important for copier work and setting??
    Can we setting same jobs in service mode like in RUI?