Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    folsom
    Posts
    459
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Canon DR9050c Scanner

    Thanks for the reply! went back today and checked main drive pcb and LED is blinking. Just to see I disconnected all connectors and turned on machine and E046 still remains. All motors seem to turn. Unplugged machine for 5 min still E046. Is there a way to clear this error from the machine or do I need the sevice tool which I dont have waiting on customer to see if they have.


  2. #22
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon DR9050c Scanner

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    15,206
    Rep Power
    215

    Re: Canon DR9050c Scanner

    Quote Originally Posted by acsolutions View Post
    Thanks for the reply! went back today and checked main drive pcb and LED is blinking. Just to see I disconnected all connectors and turned on machine and E046 still remains. All motors seem to turn. Unplugged machine for 5 min still E046. Is there a way to clear this error from the machine or do I need the sevice tool which I dont have waiting on customer to see if they have.

    ---------------I can send u the DR-6050C/7550C/9050C Service Tool Version 1.2
    what is your e-mail

    never mind---here is a zip file I created

    DRXX50C_ServiceTool_V12.zip



    The service mode of this machine can be executed by installing the service mode software (service tool) located in the setup
    disc bundled with this machine or supplied for servicing on the computer for servicing.
    This service tool is an integrated tool that consists of a common EXE file and DLL files for each product.

    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  3. #23
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    folsom
    Posts
    459
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Canon DR9050c Scanner

    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ---------------I can send u the DR-6050C/7550C/9050C Service Tool Version 1.2
    what is your e-mail

    never mind---here is a zip file I created

    DRXX50C_ServiceTool_V12.zip



    The service mode of this machine can be executed by installing the service mode software (service tool) located in the setup
    disc bundled with this machine or supplied for servicing on the computer for servicing.
    This service tool is an integrated tool that consists of a common EXE file and DLL files for each product.
    Fantastic! Thank you Sir!


  4. #24
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Canon DR9050c Scanner

    I have to say that when this happens to me, there is about a 95% chance that a staple is caught somewhere in that gear assembly under the lifter.


  5. #25
    Tech Specialist 1,000+ Posts Canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southwestern Ontario
    Posts
    1,491
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Canon DR9050c Scanner

    I have had issues with 9050,9080 and others. Have feed issues that when you push down they feed properly. To resolve this, I file out the hole that the plastic pins mount to so that I can slide each pin down about 1 mm or so. These are the plastic pins that the claws from the upper assembly hook onto to keep the upper unit closed. Around 3 million scans i have to do this. File the holes,slide the pins down about 1mm,tighten the screws. This causes the upper and lower read,platen and reg rolls to load against each other with more force. Works like a charm


  6. #26
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Canon DR9050c Scanner

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    I have had issues with 9050,9080 and others. Have feed issues that when you push down they feed properly. To resolve this, I file out the hole that the plastic pins mount to so that I can slide each pin down about 1 mm or so. These are the plastic pins that the claws from the upper assembly hook onto to keep the upper unit closed. Around 3 million scans i have to do this. File the holes,slide the pins down about 1mm,tighten the screws. This causes the upper and lower read,platen and reg rolls to load against each other with more force. Works like a charm
    I have a unit with over 5 million on it, and I'm getting jamming at the exit assembly. The paper sits right at the last rollers, is this related to your description? Sounds like a good idea to try this.


  7. #27
    Tech Specialist 1,000+ Posts Canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southwestern Ontario
    Posts
    1,491
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Canon DR9050c Scanner

    Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    I have a unit with over 5 million on it, and I'm getting jamming at the exit assembly. The paper sits right at the last rollers, is this related to your description? Sounds like a good idea to try this.
    At 5 million all of the rollers in the machine are too small in diameter..smaller circumference causes too slow of a paper speed. The machine will jam but not physically. The timing windows are being exceded because of low paper speed and jams are declared. At 5 million I would replace all internal rolls(transport,platen/read rolls,delivery),gears,bearings, one way clutches and belts, static eliminator,actuators( i think there is one for delivery sensor on these), shading plate solenoid(lower...it is used for shading of top CIS for single sided face up reading). Canon rates these for 7 million I believe. You have 2 options...send in sales to replace it or gut it and do like I suggested and get another 5 million out of it.


  8. #28
    Tech Specialist 1,000+ Posts Canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southwestern Ontario
    Posts
    1,491
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Canon DR9050c Scanner

    Quote Originally Posted by onlyinnewfoundland View Post
    I have to say that when this happens to me, there is about a 95% chance that a staple is caught somewhere in that gear assembly under the lifter.
    Staples tend to get inside these machines..i change fried ultra sonic and main drive pcbs on a few because of staples


  9. #29
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Canon DR9050c Scanner

    Thanks Canuck, I did the modification you suggested Friday, ironically as you submitted the suggestion about replacing all the other components. The mod worked like a charm, I'll be checking into the other rollers next visit there. Thanks again!


  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Canon DR9050c Scanner

    anyone have any jamming problems with this model??????







    car servicing


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here