Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Canon DR9050c Scanner

The document tray intermittently fails to lift on this scanner without an error code. The tray stays at the lowest position and the pick up rollers just spin. While this is happening, if you press upward on the flag that is between the pick up rollers, the document tray begins to lift and then it feeds the documents. We have tried uninstalling & reinstalling the drivers, no help.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Canon DR9050c Scanner

Re: Canon DR9050c Scanner

Clean the sensors with a cotton-tipped swab or air blower.

sensors.JPG
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon DR9050c Scanner

In service mode check if all sensors are indicating normal operation

Feed Test
    Paper can be actually fed in this mode at the Dcon Check screen.
    The operation of sensors during feeding can be checked.

If you need to check a feed operation only, it can be used “Count only mode” instead of the Feed Test.
    -Operation procedure
    1) Set the paper on the pickup tray.
    2) Select the [Feed Test].
    3) The pickup tray lifts and each roller rotates.
    4) The paper is fed at low speed and ejected onto the eject tray.
    5) When the [Feed Test] is selected again, the test stops.
    The operation of the sensor during feeding can be checked on the sensor confirmation
    screen.

Sensors

Perform the sensor operation check.
    When each sensor enters the detection state, the corresponding mark lights. Since there are many sensors, they are divided into groups. When the cursor is placed over the mark, balloon help is displayed.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Good View Post
    The document tray intermittently fails to lift on this scanner without an error code. The tray stays at the lowest position and the pick up rollers just spin. While this is happening, if you press upward on the flag that is between the pick up rollers, the document tray begins to lift and then it feeds the documents. We have tried uninstalling & reinstalling the drivers, no help.
    Dear all,

Document tray lift failure is mainly caused by the pick-up sensor position. The tray doesn't "go up" because this sensor always detects paper. The sensor position must be adjusted. Follow the attached PDF.

Rachid.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

Thanx to all who have responded. Great ideas. Some have all ready been executed. What I need to go a little further is the service manual for this scanner. Does anyone have it?

Canon DR9050c Scanner

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Good View Post
    Thanx to all who have responded. Great ideas. Some have all ready been executed. What I need to go a little further is the service manual for this scanner. Does anyone have it?
    Tray May Not Lift

Publication details a problem with the Document Tray not rising when prompted by the
    scanning application for the DR-6050C/ 7550C/ 9050C.

There may be a problem with the Document Tray not lifting when prompted by the application.

This inconsistent sensor detection may be caused by an insufficient extension of the Document Lever where it enters the slot of the Document Sensor.

DR9050C TP11 327.pdf

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hello, I have a jam problem on this model, It will feed fine for the first few sheet then it starts getting noisy(kind of a groaning) then jam. I removed the seperation roller then fed sheets with no problem,just intermittent multi feeding. I also replaced the seperation roller, still jams. I checked the seperation an feed assemblies for binding and worn belts, ok. The seperation is not adjustable and the area looks fine,the only thing I can think of is a worn motor (seperation motor), a very cheap pulse motor, it is $11.00 dollars so I ordered it. Not sure if the feed motor or seperation motor is bad,both assemblies look good. I noticed both feed and seperation motors are the same part number. any suggestions would be great! Thanks

Canon DR9050c Scanner

Quote Originally Posted by acsolutions View Post
    Hello, I have a jam problem on this model, It will feed fine for the first few sheet then it starts getting noisy(kind of a groaning) then jam. I removed the seperation roller then fed sheets with no problem,just intermittent multi feeding. I also replaced the seperation roller, still jams. I checked the seperation an feed assemblies for binding and worn belts, ok. The seperation is not adjustable and the area looks fine,the only thing I can think of is a worn motor (seperation motor), a very cheap pulse motor, it is $11.00 dollars so I ordered it. Not sure if the feed motor or seperation motor is bad,both assemblies look good. I noticed both feed and seperation motors are the same part number. any suggestions would be great! Thanks
    ------------------------
    Check condition Separation Tension Spring

-- Replaced the Exchange Roller Kit

includes the Pickup Roller, Feed Roller, and Retard Roller.
    The Exchange Roller Kit is item #4009B001AA

These parts are also available separately as orderable service parts:
    Pickup Roller-MG1-4268-000
    Feed Roller-MA2-6772-000
    Retard Roller-MG1-4269-000
    After replacing the Exchange Roller Kit, the Roller Counter on the imageFORMULA scanner must be reset. To reset the Roller Counter:

1) Press the Menu Key on the control panel
    2) Press the Left Arrow Key twice until Roller Counter is displayed.
    3) Press the Enter Key once.
    4) Press the Left Arrow to select Reset and then Press Enter.
    5) The Roller Counter should now be at zero.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    check the pin for the Pulley Gear on the Separation Assembly. If the pin is damaged, replace the Separation Plate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pick-Up Solenoid Check How many Total Sheets of Paper Used ( over a Million)

Drive Belt. Adjust the Belt or replace if needed.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

Hello,

As you've proposed, replace the sep. stepping motor. Ref : MH7-1165-000.

Rachid.
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hello, replaced the separation motor, but did not respond! I took a better look and found the upper guide plate was slightly bent causing it to bind on the registration roller, only when clam shell was closed. I removed the guide and it was not noisy during rotation and when feeding. It took me awhile to get it in proper form, then customer ran a few thousand sheets and it sounded good. if problem reoccurs will replace guide, it also looked like u turn guide may have also been effected. My guess is that someone shut the clam shell with an obstruction, causing the deformation. One thing I dont understand is when removing the separation roller there was no noise or jamming, just multiple feeding, this totally threw me in the wrong direction. Separation drive is totally separate from registration, transport and delivery sections. Thanks for the input guys