Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Independent Service Tech 100+ Posts skibum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Wink Canon IR3045 E110-0001

    Originally this machine had spots. I pulled the drum and developer units and inspected and cleaned the excess toner from the developer unit and drum unit. Reinstalled and now I have this code. Came in a 2nd time to replace the foam seal with new (Tec-Pub parts) upgraded seal and additional auxiliary seal to prevent toner spilling from the hopper. Cleaned the interior cavity of all toner. Verified the shutter (laser) linkage is working and activated when the right door is shut.

    It appears the laser is dead?

    Does anyone have any ideas?


    Thanks


  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 5,000+ Posts


    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    159

    Re: Canon IR3045 E110-0001

    Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    Originally this machine had spots. I pulled the drum and developer units and inspected and cleaned the excess toner from the developer unit and drum unit. Reinstalled and now I have this code. Came in a 2nd time to replace the foam seal with new (Tec-Pub parts) upgraded seal and additional auxiliary seal to prevent toner spilling from the hopper. Cleaned the interior cavity of all toner. Verified the shutter (laser) linkage is working and activated when the right door is shut.

    It appears the laser is dead?

    Does anyone have any ideas?


    Thanks


    If the Developer Unit Connector was removed with the Main Power Switch on it may have blown the DC Controller resulting in an E110 code / could cause fuse to blow on DC PCB board
    FU1.JPG check this fuse & or others (continuity)



    this grounding plate causes weird issues when not in contact as shown

    Make sure that the grounding spring for the steel registration roller is making contact with the roller. If not, Re-form the spring so that it makes contact with the roller


    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bundaberg Qld.
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Canon IR3045 E110-0001

    Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    Originally this machine had spots. I pulled the drum and developer units and inspected and cleaned the excess toner from the developer unit and drum unit. Reinstalled and now I have this code. Came in a 2nd time to replace the foam seal with new (Tec-Pub parts) upgraded seal and additional auxiliary seal to prevent toner spilling from the hopper. Cleaned the interior cavity of all toner. Verified the shutter (laser) linkage is working and activated when the right door is shut.

    It appears the laser is dead?

    Does anyone have any ideas?


    Thanks
    Check the connection of the 3 pin connector from the LU to the Rear Frame (under the Toner Drive assy) also the connection of the same 3 pin connector on the Back side (remove rear cover) of the Rear Frame - for some reason they actually work loose.


  4. #4
    Independent Service Tech 100+ Posts skibum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Canon IR3045 E110-0001

    Sound like tech error. I did unplug the dev unit while the main switch was on. Do you know what the fuse specs are?
    Thanks,

    Jerry


  5. #5
    Field Supervisor 5,000+ Posts


    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    159

    Re: Canon IR3045 E110-0001

    Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    Sound like tech error. I did unplug the dev unit while the main switch was on. Do you know what the fuse specs are?
    Thanks,

    Jerry
    no/ do a continuity test
    check 24v connections

    what pub had info on new seals ???
    was that the one from 2008 ??
    SEAL--TP08 170.pdf

    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  6. #6
    Independent Service Tech 100+ Posts skibum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Canon IR3045 E110-0001

    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    no/ do a continuity test
    check 24v connections

    what pub had info on new seals ???
    was that the one from 2008 ??
    SEAL--TP08 170.pdf
    Yes, that was the tech pub.
    Thanks for your help. I will be going back to test Monday morning and will follow up with what I find.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here