Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon 730i fax - factory reset ??

Is there a way to do a factory reset on this machine? The first 18 1-touch number will not let us put anything in, says something like "Not Available at this Time". Never see this before. Is there a way to clear everything out and start all over. Do not know what the customer did to this machine.

Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Re: Canon 730i fax - factory reset ??

Did you try doing ALL CLEAR
    way back in the day, some models had a hidden swtch to prevent some info from being deleted.
    you could check for that
    I stopped doing faxes years before 730s came out

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon 730i fax - factory reset ??

Re: Canon 730i fax - factory reset ??

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Is there a way to do a factory reset on this machine? The first 18 1-touch number will not let us put anything in, says something like "Not Available at this Time". Never see this before. Is there a way to clear everything out and start all over. Do not know what the customer did to this machine.

Thanks
    Reset the memory
    Under the one touch key pad
    hit the: Reg Data
    hit # key
    scroll on key pad until you come to all mem clear #12 and hit enter

no guaranteemay do a factory reset
    ----------------------------------------------
    Clearing image Memory While Leaving User Information Intact

If you go into Test Mode and conduct a DRAM test, the image memory will clear as a result of testing the memory. Other user programmed information will remain intact.

Getting into test mode involves accessing service mode. Getting into service mode may vary depending on the model of Laser Class device.
    Some models access service mode by pressing the Data Registration followed by the pound (#) key. Other models will require you to sequentially press the Additional Functions, the 2 key, followed by the 8 key and then the Additional Functions key again.
    Once you are in service mode, you will use the left or right arrow keys to scroll over to the test mode option. Enter test mode and select option 1 for DRAM. Press option 1 again to start the DRAM test.

The DRAM test will begin and the machine will display asterisks as the test proceeds. Once the first round of the test finishes, a second round begins where you will see another progression of asterisks. On some models you may see dots instead of the asterisks during the second phase of the test.

Once the test is finished, you will see a message saying "complete no error". At this point, press the stop key 2 times to return to the main test mode menu.

Now you may exit test mode by pressing either the clear key or the Additional Functions key depending on the model with which you are working.

The machine will now display the message "Please Wait" and the unit will cycle and return to the normal working state.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**