Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: IPF8300 Hardware Error 2F48

    Quote Originally Posted by nykr95 View Post
    Hi - well i had multiple issues caused by the prior owner trying to move the printer. He spilled ink and then turned it on. I ended up replacing the mainboard also. All the parts were scavenged.
    One warning - when things go bad on this printer you spend more money in ink than anything else.
    Really poor design. I have 2 HP' s and they dont clog nearly as much as canon or epson. And use reasonable ink to tesolve problems when they come up.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

    This all started when I got the message to replace the left print head. I replaced it per canon and upgraded the firware. Then I took the error. Canon told me that due to the age it was wise to replace the Right print head. I did and it take the same error. So it looks like I need the rest of the parts below. By any chance do you have a source for the parts? Im searching on line and all I can find is the Carriage Relay PCB board.
    QM3-3121-010, QM3-3121-000- Canon IPF8300 Carriage Relay PCB Item Inc.

    PF8300 series ①Replace the
    printhead. - Done

    ②Replace the CR
    relay board.
    ③Check/ replace

    the long flexible
    cable.

    ④Replace the main PCB


  2. #22
    Technician
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: IPF8300 Hardware Error 2F48

    Well,

    Maybe Ebay - u can order the cable from canon.

    Doubt its the cable. The Mainboard is the most expensive
    part. See what I was saying the printheads and mainboard and ink you probably are wasting u can get another printer.


    Quote Originally Posted by 8300s2013 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply.

    This all started when I got the message to replace the left print head. I replaced it per canon and upgraded the firware. Then I took the error. Canon told me that due to the age it was wise to replace the Right print head. I did and it take the same error. So it looks like I need the rest of the parts below. By any chance do you have a source for the parts? Im searching on line and all I can find is the Carriage Relay PCB board.
    QM3-3121-010, QM3-3121-000- Canon IPF8300 Carriage Relay PCB Item Inc.

    PF8300 series ①Replace the
    printhead. - Done

    ②Replace the CR
    relay board.
    ③Check/ replace

    the long flexible
    cable.

    ④Replace the main PCB



  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: IPF8300 Hardware Error 2F48

    I just got a hold of a ipf8300s displaying the same issue. originally it would not give correct printer head info serials where FFFF so I removed the printheads and the machine fired up and started to respond. I placed in the left head and was able to read a proper serial number so I removed it and put in the right head and the machine locked up again so fault was in right print head. I just got in a a new head and it started charging the lines all went well. I updated the firmware to latest 1.11 for 8300s model and did a gap calibration. it finished that so I went for a nozzle check and I got the error 2f48. I have noticed a bit of a high pitched whine coming from the machine when it's processing. is that whine normal to this machine because my ipf6200 does not make the same noise.
    that 6200 had a similar issue with bad heads with caused the dreaded cover open issue that I remedied. the head took out the multi sensor, the cr board and a pico fuse on the main board. if you ever get the top sensor issue you need to check that pico fuse feeding the door sensors.
    now am I looking at the same issue but just a different error? I have not opened the machine to further diagnose yet as im waiting for some replies to give me an idea where to look first.
    it is located in a really awkward spot and hard to work on. the whine almost sounds like bad caps but I did not thoroughly look the last time the machine was apart as I did not have the new head and did not know of this error till today.
    thank you in advance.

    Last edited by bronxteck; 1 Week Ago at 02:42 AM.

  4. #24
    Technician
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: IPF8300 Hardware Error 2F48

    Quote Originally Posted by bronxteck View Post
    I just got a hold of a ipf8300s displaying the same issue. originally it would not give correct printer head info serials where FFFF so I removed the printheads and the machine fired up and started to respond. I placed in the left head and was able to read a proper serial number so I removed it and put in the right head and the machine locked up again so fault was in right print head. I just got in a a new head and it started charging the lines all went well. I updated the firmware to latest 1.11 for 8300s model and did a gap calibration. it finished that so I went for a nozzle check and I got the error 2f48. I have noticed a bit of a high pitched whine coming from the machine when it's processing. is that whine normal to this machine because my ipf6200 does not make the same noise.
    that 6200 had a similar issue with bad heads with caused the dreaded cover open issue that I remedied. the head took out the multi sensor, the cr board and a pico fuse on the main board. if you ever get the top sensor issue you need to check that pico fuse feeding the door sensors.
    now am I looking at the same issue but just a different error? I have not opened the machine to further diagnose yet as im waiting for some replies to give me an idea where to look first.
    it is located in a really awkward spot and hard to work on. the whine almost sounds like bad caps but I did not thoroughly look the last time the machine was apart as I did not have the new head and did not know of this error till today.
    thank you in advance.
    I haven't looked at this in while. In my case I ended up with a bad main board and I believe bad board where the heads are. It just became too expensive to screw around with heads - at $900 for the pair and all the ink that is wasted with this machine when recharcing. I ended up getting an old HP3100/3200 - heads much cheaper - doesn't waste ink when trying to clean it etc. I fixed my machine but I am not using it because I need a new head. Waiting for enough work where tit makes sense to purchase one. The HP I can leave off for months and with a quick cleaning cycle it's up and running. Canon was much faster but still not worth it. Not sure if the new models are better.


  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: IPF8300 Hardware Error 2F48

    did you replace it with the same board or are some boards cross compatible? like using a 8400s board on my 8300s but force flashing 8300s firmware onto the board with L service printer tool. seems some parts are discontinued.


  6. #26
    Technician
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: IPF8300 Hardware Error 2F48

    Quote Originally Posted by bronxteck View Post
    did you replace it with the same board or are some boards cross compatible? like using a 8400s board on my 8300s but force flashing 8300s firmware onto the board with L service printer tool. seems some parts are discontinued.
    Hi,

    I replaced it with the exact same board.


  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: IPF8300 Hardware Error 2F48

    well I went through all the boards. head board, rc board, main board checked all the pico fuses even went through the power supply I did not find anything other then it sure as heck likes to dump ink like crazy when priming. literally filled the maintenance cart heck of a mess LOL. I have not replaced the left head. could the heater be bad in it and it not show the code for it? I do not know which pads on the head correspond to the heater to compare it to the good head is there info on the head pins? I do not want to invest in trial and error fixes as the canon manual states to do.
    idk when I was a tech there where actual schematics for electronics


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here