Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Technician

Re: IPF8300 Hardware Error 2F48

Teckat - thanks but I do have the service manual. I was asking about how to remove the ribbon cables from the PCB board itself. There are two types of ribbon connectors. One removes easily by flipping up a tab - the other I am not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Attachment 19466

why don't u get a MANUAL

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IPF8300 Hardware Error 2F48

Quote Originally Posted by nykr95 View Post
    Teckat - thanks but I do have the service manual. I was asking about how to remove the ribbon cables from the PCB board itself. There are two types of ribbon connectors. One removes easily by flipping up a tab - the other I am not sure.
    u mean ? the FLEX CABLE ??????
    opening and closing the ZIF type connector
    With your fingernail underneath the brown portion of the ZIF connector, gently lift it UP ( away from the circuit board).
    First make sure that you have lifted the brown portion of the ZIF connector to the Up position. (See diagram). Insert the Flex Cable with its Blue side toward the Brown side of the connector. Insure that ribbon???s edge is parallel with the connector. (See diagram).
    Then, while holding the Flex Cable in place, gently push the brown portion of the connector DOWN , towards the circuit board.

31242.jpg

point to note when replacing cables

Take a look at the attached photo of the carriage relay PCB. The image was taken from the back of the machine. The left of the image is towards the carriage home position. So you must stand at the back of the machine looking over the carriage relay PCB to be oriented like the image. All of the cables that go to the main controller have the blue writing facing the right. All of the cables that go to the print head have the blue writing facing the rear of the machine.

carriage relay.JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

In the 2nd picture you attached you can see two black connectors at the top of the image where you have 2 red rectangles. How are those removed? THey are different than the Brown ZIF connector.
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    u mean ? the FLEX CABLE ??????
    opening and closing the ZIF type connector
    With your fingernail underneath the brown portion of the ZIF connector, gently lift it UP ( away from the circuit board).
    First make sure that you have lifted the brown portion of the ZIF connector to the Up position. (See diagram). Insert the Flex Cable with its Blue side toward the Brown side of the connector. Insure that ribbon???s edge is parallel with the connector. (See diagram).
    Then, while holding the Flex Cable in place, gently push the brown portion of the connector DOWN , towards the circuit board.

31242.jpg

point to note when replacing cables

Take a look at the attached photo of the carriage relay PCB. The image was taken from the back of the machine. The left of the image is towards the carriage home position. So you must stand at the back of the machine looking over the carriage relay PCB to be oriented like the image. All of the cables that go to the main controller have the blue writing facing the right. All of the cables that go to the print head have the blue writing facing the rear of the machine.

carriage relay.JPG

these pull directly out & then u just line up & push in

click on pic to better view

Carriage Unit.JPG
    Carriage Unit-2.JPG

Technician

Ok - so are you saying that I pull on the flex cable straight up and it comes out of the black connector or do I pull on the black connector itself and it comes up with the flex cable attached. I want to make sure I don't pull the wrong way.

Ok - so are you saying that I pull on the flex cable straight up and it comes out of the black connector or do I pull on the black connector itself and it comes up with the flex cable attached. I want to make sure I don't pull the wrong way.
    Click on that lower pic/for better view
    u pull straight up / see edge of small cables is flat/

DO NOT GRAB THE BLACK CONNECTOR ON BOARD/ U ONLY REMOVE CABLE

Technician

Thanks - I was able to remove the carriage relay board and then noticed quite a bit of ink on the underside of the circuit board. I cleaned it up with alcohol. Looks like the head relay PCB might also have ink on it. Seems like the prior owner spilled ink when moving the printer. Since the ink is conductive I thought I would clean both boards before ordering new parts. Do you have any suggestions on the easiest way of removing the head relay PCB board? Do I have to remove the entire carriage?

Technician

Never mind I figured it out without removing the carriage!

8300s2013

Well Im here because I have the same issue.

I assume replacing the board worked for this guy?

Technician

Hi - well i had multiple issues caused by the prior owner trying to move the printer. He spilled ink and then turned it on. I ended up replacing the mainboard also. All the parts were scavenged.
    One warning - when things go bad on this printer you spend more money in ink than anything else.
    Really poor design. I have 2 HP' s and they dont clog nearly as much as canon or epson. And use reasonable ink to tesolve problems when they come up.

Quote Originally Posted by 8300s2013 View Post
    Well Im here because I have the same issue.

I assume replacing the board worked for this guy?