Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Technician

IPF8300 Hardware Error 2F48

Hi! I am getting a Hardware Error of 2F48 on an IPF8300 when initiating a print request from the console. Right print head was just replaced and after ink was replenished this error came up. It's not in the service manual. Noticed that it is similar to another error posted here 2F49. Is there any way to tell which head this error is referring to? Seems unusual after a brand new head. Anything else to check other than replacing the head. As much detail as possible would be appreciated. Regards

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: IPF8300 Hardware Error 2F48

Quote Originally Posted by nykr95 View Post
    Hi! I am getting a Hardware Error of 2F48 on an IPF8300 when initiating a print request from the console. Right print head was just replaced and after ink was replenished this error came up. It's not in the service manual. Noticed that it is similar to another error posted here 2F49. Is there any way to tell which head this error is referring to? Seems unusual after a brand new head. Anything else to check other than replacing the head. As much detail as possible would be appreciated. Regards
    iPF8300 Firmware Ver.1.26
    Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : imagePROGRAF iPF8300

March 26, 2012
    iPF 8300 / 8300S
    2618, 2F48, 2F49, 2F50, 2F51 or 2F52 Error Code

If the printer has the latest firmware installed (Ver. 1.25 or higher - iPF8300 Series), you only need to do the following:

1. Check if the Status Print or Print INF files indicate which print head experienced the error and replace it.
    2. If the specific print head failure cannot be determined, replace both print heads.

NOTE:
    With the latest firmware installed, it is no longer necessary to replace the Carriage Relay PCB. Make sure to apply the latest firmware updates to all of the printers.

September 25, 2012

iPF 8300 / 8300S

2F48
    Error Code
    In one case both print heads and the Carriage Relay PCB were replaced to resolve the error code.
    PROCEDURE:

1. Turn off the printer and remove the current print heads
    (DO NOT INSTALL THE NEW PRINT HEADS AS YET)
    2. Replace the Carriage Relay PCB (QM3-3121-000).
    3. Power the printer back on in User Mode without the print heads, then install them when the printer requests.
    4. Follow all printer instructions to continue booting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

These pdf's may help in future service of 8300----------
    All iPF Models--How to Supply Ink After a Manual Ink Drain has Been Performed.pdf
    ALL iPF Series--Precautions to Take When Replacing the Purge Unit.pdf
    iPF8000--9000 Series--Precautions When Installing the Head Management Sensor.pdf
    iPF8300 & 8300S-Purge Unit Adjustment.pdf

Technician

Teckat - thanks for the info - very helpful. Here is a general question - if a print head is used on the right side. Can it be flushed with cleaning fluid - and then placed on the left side? The reason I ask that is I wanted to do some troubleshooting before getting an additional head. I wasn't sure if the printer writes the position of the head to the EEPROM and always makes it Right or Left after initial install.

Teckat - thanks for the info - very helpful. Here is a general question - if a print head is used on the right side. Can it be flushed with cleaning fluid - and then placed on the left side? The reason I ask that is I wanted to do some troubleshooting before getting an additional head. I wasn't sure if the printer writes the position of the head to the EEPROM and always makes it Right or Left after initial install.
    never attempt to disassemble/reassemble the print-head or wash it with water.

The ASIC (IC2) collects printhead information from EEPROM mounted on the printheads and the printer temperature from the latch IC on the carriage board
    and transmit them to the ASIC (IC1).

EEPROM control function
    This function controls the EEPROMs of individual ink tanks, the maintenance cartridge EEPROM, the EEPROM on the maintenance cartridge relay PCB, and the
    head EEPROM in addition to the on-board EEPROM.

EEPROM (IC802)
    The 128-KB EEPROM stores various setting values, adjustment values, log data, counter values related to the user/servicing.

you can not change the head position.
    or from other models. once installed.

Technician

Ok - here is the latest. Instead of getting a brand new left head I was able to obtain 2 used heads from a working machine which was working but sold. New owner wanted new heads with a fresh set of inks. I put them into my ipf8300 and after replenishing the inks - I have the exact same error as initially - 2F48. I think this basically eliminates the heads. VP - I did update the firmware successfully - so I think that eliminates the mainboard. So which part do you think is most likely to cause this error? Also can you give me the part #'s so I can try to obtain one?

Ok - here is the latest. Instead of getting a brand new left head I was able to obtain 2 used heads from a working machine which was working but sold. New owner wanted new heads with a fresh set of inks. I put them into my ipf8300 and after replenishing the inks - I have the exact same error as initially - 2F48. I think this basically eliminates the heads. VP - I did update the firmware successfully - so I think that eliminates the mainboard. So which part do you think is most likely to cause this error? Also can you give me the part #'s so I can try to obtain one?
    Carriage Relay PCB (QM3-3121-000).

Technician

Thanks - I will try to get a carriage relay PCB to test with. I looked at the board and noticed 8 zero insertion connectors which flip up (easy to remove) and 3 connectors which are different. How do I safely remove the ribbon cable from the 3 other connectors. I don't want to pull it and break anything.

Thanks - I will try to get a carriage relay PCB to test with. I looked at the board and noticed 8 zero insertion connectors which flip up (easy to remove) and 3 connectors which are different. How do I safely remove the ribbon cable from the 3 other connectors. I don't want to pull it and break anything.
    Carriage Unit.pdf

why don't u get a MANUAL