Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

scanning from ir2200

i have an ir2200 connected to a stand alone pc as a printer .How do I use this as a scanner? I have network scangear loaded but wondering if I can scan on a parallel cable. When i open options on the ir2200 it allows me to go online but I cant config the ir in scangear.any help would be appreciated thanks.....waiting but

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    why? just hook up a crossover cable to the copier from your computer.I guess you are already printing to it somehow, through a hub or something? You did say it was networked right? network scan gear. set the ip address in your copier to be on the same network as your computer. open network scangear from the program files, press discover, add, select. you are done. open a program like word 2003 or paint or another program that allows you to scan into it. place the paper in the doc feeder or on platen glass which ever you selected on scan gear, make sure copier is selected so scan is online. go back to your computer and press scan.
    It looks like you have done all the above except this: go to program files on your computer,select discover,it will find the copier, then add, then select or similar. then place you copier online and follow what i wrote above, should be fine.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

ir 2200 scanning

i have the ir printing to my computer tru a parallel cable but is not able to see it as a scanner when I go into scangear and either ping it or use discover . Do I need a crossover cable to get the scanner working? It is not on a network just a stand alone PC and i am using it as a printer with the parallel cable. Thanks for reply....

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    ok you got me. scan gear as far as i know is just for network scanning. do you have a bicentronics IEEE1284 two way parallel cable or just a plain printer parallel cable?
    I have never tried scanning the way you are hooked up. I dont have one close by to try. I would make sure I had the right cable first then try again
    Yes scangear is just for network scanning, i have attached what it says about about scangear. Might not be able to scan at all without the network version.
    I will learn more and return unless somebody else has an answer for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Copier_Guy's Avatar
    If you're trying to scan using a bi-centronics cable I would think you would need a twain driver to make it work. I don't know if Canon has a twain driver for these iR models.

Your best bet would be to connect to the PC through a cross-over cable as stated before or get a hub or switch and connect through ethernet connection. That way you can then use the network scan gear.

Good Luck and let us know how you work it out.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    One word of caution. Office 2007 has disabled the ability to pull in images from a scanner or camera. So you will need another program to pull it ad save it before importing .
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

iR 2200 can scan via network scangear only in a network environment. It cannot scan via parallel cable. The only solution is (as mentioned by yourownfree) to use a crossover network cable.

crestpoint

Office 2007 Network ScanGear Steps

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    One word of caution. Office 2007 has disabled the ability to pull in images from a scanner or camera. So you will need another program to pull it ad save it before importing .
    You can use it, it is compatible.

1. Perform the following to import scanned images into any of the Office 2007 applications.

• In Excel, Outlook, Word 2007, click the "Insert" tab.
      • Click the "Clip Art" option. A window will appear.
      • In the Clip Art window, click on "Organize clips..."
      • The Microsoft Clip Organizer will appear. From the File menu, select "Add Clips to
        Organizer;" then "From Scanner or Camera."
      • Under device, “Select Network ScanGear Ver.2.21”
      • Select the resolution based on where you will be placing the scanned images. Then click
        "Insert."

You then have two options.

· You can “copy” the image and paste it into the application or
      · Exit Clip Art Organizer and Search for all scanned documents
      1. In the “Search In” Clip Art Box on the right-hand side of the application window drop down to “My Collections”
      2. Expand “My Collections”
      3. Uncheck all boxes EXCEPT for Network ScanGear Ver.2.21
      4. Click the “Go” button above the “Search In” box
      5. Click on the file or files you want to insert into the application window.

With office 2007 just make a macro for the scanner. That is what we did and it works great.

===============================================

Using Microsoft Word 2007 to scan with a Networked Canon ImageRunner copier with the scan option installed on it.

Make sure that Network Scangear is installed and configured on your computer

================================================== =======

Word 2007 does not come with the insert from scanner feature seen in previous version. However you can add the scan feature using a macro.

To create the macro:
    From a blank word screen.
    Click View, then click the Macro icon at the right side of the toolbar.
    A Marcos window will show up, go to Macros in:, and select Normal.dotm.
    Under Macro name:, type scan.
    Click Create and then copy and paste in the code:

Sub InsertFromScanner()
    On Error Resume Next
    WordBasic.InsertImagerScan
    End Sub

Click the Save icon at the upper left side of the toolbar.

Click on File and go down to Close and Return to Microsoft Word.

Right click on the toolbar and select Customize Quick Access Toolbar. Under the Choose commands from: select Macros. Hi-light the macro you just made and click Add >>>. Then click Modify at the bottom to give it a distinctive icon. Select the icon you want, then on Display name:, clear out the words that are there and type in the word scan. Click OK, and then OK and you should now be back at your blank word document.

You should now have a scan icon added to your toolbar.

================================================== ===
    1. Go to copier andload items in document feeder or put item on the glass.
    2. Select the SCAN option from the copier and then press ONLINE.*
    *Note - No one can use the copier while it is in this mode to make copies. They can print from a computer only.
    3. Go to Microsoft Word 2007 and click on the Scan option at the top of the page.
    4. Make sure the Network Scangear you are using shows up under the Device setting.*
    *Note – There are different versions of Network Scangear. Make sure you are using the correct version. Color Network Scangear is for Color machines ONLY. Network Scangear is for black and white machines ONLY.
    5. Select Custom Insert.
    6. From the next screen you can now select from Feeder (1–sided), Feeder (2-sided), Platen, Letter size, Legal size, Ledger size paper that is in the document feeder. Also DPI settings and Color mode are set here.
    7. When all of the settings are like you want them, press SCAN……
    8. When finished, a window will pop up asking if there are more documents to be scanned. If so place them in the feeder and press OK. If not, then press Cancel.
    9. If you are finished with the scanner option, do not forget to turn it OFFLINE, or other persons will not be able to use the copier.
    10. Be sure to Save your work.
    Last edited by kuby; 01-14-2010 at 01:43 PM.

crestpoint
    Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    With office 2007 just make a macro for the scanner. That is what we did and it works great.
    Can you provide the code?