Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

IR2016 out of toner error

Copier indicated that toner was out. Toner was replaced but message did not go off. Check developing assy, clean toner spill in area . Toner is been loaded into assembly. Any suggestion on how to correct problem?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: IR2016 out of toner error

Quote Originally Posted by ldfrepairs View Post
    Copier indicated that toner was out. Toner was replaced but message did not go off. Check developing assy, clean toner spill in area . Toner is been loaded into assembly. Any suggestion on how to correct problem?
    Toner is displayed even though Toner has been added.
    In one case a faulty HVT was causing the "Add Toner" condition.
    After replacing the HVT the "Add Toner" condition was resolved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In another case the Developer HVT contacts were pushed in. Since they were pushed in, there were no HVT connections present. This caused the "add toner message". The developer can be taken out, and the contacts can be checked. If they are pressed in, they can be reformed or the contacts can be replaced. Check the images below for reference. In the first image, the developer is exposed and the red arrows point to the contacts, the second displays the developer with the cover removed, the third displays the inside of the cover where the HVT contacts can be pushed out again, and the fourth image displays the outside of the cover and the contacts again. The contacts should be flush with the black plastic.The contact part #'s are FC6-4163-000 and FC6-4202-000.

---Reformed contacts to create more pressure on contacts on HVT PCB can resolve issue. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A toner percentage value does not appear on this series. Instead the machine uses a series of messages. The first message that appears is a <Prepare the toner>message. After the <Prepare the toner> message appears, approximately 100 pages can be printed. At this time, it is recommended that a new toner cartridge is available for replacement before the toner runs out. Once the toner runs out during a print job, a message of, <Replace the toner> will appear. The remaining prints are made "after" the toner cartridge is replaced. This means that the machine will stop printing. The machine will not print until the toner is replaced. Once the toner is replaced, the machine will start to print again. Check the image below for reference.

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks very much for the info. I am sure I checked those contacts but will verify.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Any one knows the item numbers for the reformed contacts?

Quote Originally Posted by ldfrepairs View Post
    Any one knows the item numbers for the reformed contacts?
    it's in the posted pic above

The contacts should be flush with the black plastic.

The contact part #'s are FC6-4163-000 and FC6-4202-000.

ogitzz

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    it's in the posted pic above

The contacts should be flush with the black plastic.

The contact part #'s are FC6-4163-000 and FC6-4202-000.
    i will try to reformed the HVT contact point...and i will post if it works....thanks for this information...daghang salamat

ogitzz

Quote Originally Posted by ogitzz View Post
    i will try to reformed the HVT contact point...and i will post if it works....thanks for this information...daghang salamat

As i have done to my copier ir2016j, i disassembled the developer assembly, cleaned it , vacuumed it, clean the HVT contact points with alcohol (denatured) and assemble back again. As I've said it works like a charm. Hurrrrraaaahhhh

Quote Originally Posted by ogitzz View Post
    As i have done to my copier ir2016j, i disassembled the developer assembly, cleaned it , vacuumed it, clean the HVT contact points with alcohol (denatured) and assemble back again. As I've said it works like a charm. Hurrrrraaaahhhh
    ========================

mr-fixit.jpg