Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

IRC1028 : Power on Jam every morning.

Salut à tous,

Every morning the machine displays a power on jam. The machine restarts printing just after opening the different doors (in fact the custmer follows the procedure displayed on the screen). I executed a Clear all with a system upgrade. No change.
    My question is: How can i have access to the Jam codes on the machine? And i would like to chare any ones experience.

Thanks in advance.

Rachid.
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: IRC1028 : Power on Jam every morning.

Jam and Error History
    To print the history; enter service mode (main menu > 2 then 8 > main menu), select Copier > Function > Misc.-P > Err and press ok.

Jam Code list is part of the Error Log. In order to view the jam codes the unit must be able to pass paper.
    Enter service mode.
    Menu > 2 key > 8 key > Menu
    Copier > Function > MISC-P > ERR-LOG

Power On Jam

Check the Registration Shutter and verify that the Shutter is working correctly with the Registration Sensor SR710.

0104 Pickup delay JAM
    0124 Reverse sensor2 delay JAM
    0208 Pickup stationary JAM
    010c Delivery delay JAM
    0210 Delivery stationary JAM
    0214 Residual JAM
    1118 Door open JAM
    0221 Reverse assembly JAM
    0228 Duplexing re-pickup assembly JAM
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Thanks for the information. The registration shutter seems to move easily. The machine is now printing and i'll see what will happen after the week-end (in our country, the week-end is on Friday and saturday). I could print the error log repport and i have the folowing for the Jam error codes:

001 0104
    002 0104
    004 0001
    005 0001
    006 0001
    007 0001
    008 0002

Rachid.
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

Quote Originally Posted by Rachid.Akli View Post
    Thanks for the information. The registration shutter seems to move easily. The machine is now printing and i'll see what will happen after the week-end (in our country, the week-end is on Friday and saturday). I could print the error log repport and i have the folowing for the Jam error codes:

001 0104
    002 0104
    004 0001
    005 0001
    006 0001
    007 0001
    008 0002

Rachid.

those 0001/0002 are for ADF

0001=Delay jam-The leading edge of paper does not reach the ADF paper trailing edge sensor within 1.8
    sec after the trailing edge of precedent page passes through the ADF paper trailing edge sensor in 1-sided multiple jobs.==Single-sided Reading

The leading edge of paper does not reach the ADF paper trailing edge sensor within 1.2 sec after reverse operation starts in 2-sided job.==Double-sided Reading

0002=Residual jam-The trailing edge of paper does not passes through the ADF paper trailing edge sensor within 3.4 sec after the leading edge of paper reaches the ADF paper trailing edge
    sensor in 1-sided job.==Single-sided Reading

The trailing edge of paper does not passes through the ADF paper trailing edge sensor within 3.5 sec after the leading edge of paper reaches the ADF paper trailing edge sensor in 2-sided job.==Double-sided
    Reading

Hello,

When switching on the machine this morning, it shows the Jam. Opening/closing the front door cleared the jam. Eight hours later, the machine is still ok. I printed the error log report and i noticed no change in its content. I conclude that this machine doesn't "manage the Power on" jams. In service mode, I/O, there is only R-CON. So, noway to verify the sensors state.

Rachid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachid.Akli View Post
    Hello,

When switching on the machine this morning, it shows the Jam. Opening/closing the front door cleared the jam. Eight hours later, the machine is still ok. I printed the error log report and i noticed no change in its content. I conclude that this machine doesn't "manage the Power on" jams. In service mode, I/O, there is only R-CON. So, noway to verify the sensors state.

Rachid.

====================================\
    no power on jam detect > but

machine determines that the door open jam has occurred when the front cover sensor (SR720) detects that the front cover is opened during paper feeding

check that sensor position