Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Canon Ir 5570 Toner Leaking from cleaner unit

I have a Ir 5570 leaking toner from the Cleaner unit. The toner is Hardening and breaking the Cleaner Auger/ Screw causing the toner to leak out in to the transfer area. Front fan seems to be working fine. Any Suggestions ? Replaced the Auger already once. It did it again.
    Also is there any way to stop the Toner bottle from leaking? I noticed the seal looks bad, just cant seem to find a replacement.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

Re: Canon Ir 5570 Toner Leaking from cleaner unit

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C View Post
    I have a Ir 5570 leaking toner from the Cleaner unit. The toner is Hardening and breaking the Cleaner Auger/ Screw causing the toner to leak out in to the transfer area. Front fan seems to be working fine. Any Suggestions ? Replaced the Auger already once. It did it again.
    Also is there any way to stop the Toner bottle from leaking? I noticed the seal looks bad, just cant seem to find a replacement.
    Verify the used toner evacuation screw. Clean or replace the air filters and ozone filters.

Rachid.
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Replacing the filters seemed to help. the only thing is it keeps running on at times as if it was in a idle, and not producing copies.
    Almost like starving for toner. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Replacing the filters seemed to help. the only thing is it keeps running on at times as if it was in a idle, and not producing copies.

Thanks
    should first drain cleaning unit, replace some damaged parts. also clean the air filter on the front of the unit cleaning, air duct duct fixing consider whether there is a blockage? if there is a blockage immediately clear.
    the results such as lack of ata opaque toner, the possibility of a short-circuit on the transfer unit. immediately clean the unit and change the three transfer corona wire
    firdaus +(62)8195002007 firdaustrish@ymail.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

Thanks
    Hi,

What does the machine display?

Check the staple cartridge position.

Rachid.
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

As mentioned by the previous poster, I too would wonder about the toner evacuation screw. If you recently had to empty your waste toner bottle then I would suspect the auger spring that feeds the toner into the big waste toner container in the back of the copier could be binding or jammed. A good way to test this is to remove the waste toner container and check with your hand that you do feel the spring at the exit point of the tube that empties the toner into the waste toner bottle. If you can't feel the spring there then the auger spring, which is Canon's way of removing waste toner, must be freed up. I tend to have a couple of tricks that resolves this, first remove whatever plastic and metal pieces are in the way of getting a vacuum at the exit of this tube, I can't quite remember this model but all of the Canon amorphic drum systems have this weakness. Anyhow find a way to suck the crap toner out of this exit pipe until the spring finally jumps out a few inches from the tube, then you are good to go. I find that using a long piece of wire to do some poking in the tube as well as using a good toner vacuum will make this into just a 30 minute job, Also from experience, never ever let the waste toner container fill to the top ever! 90% of the time it will create this problem.

Ron314159265

Agree With RON, also air filters and fans are issue, but the atmosphere is also a issue.

No proper exhaust result in high heating which can cause toner hardening in cleaning unit which can result in damage of auger and tampering of gear.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

there is no error Code, it just runs on for a while.. sometimes you have to turn the machine off and on
    to reset

Quote Originally Posted by Rachid.Akli View Post
    Hi,

What does the machine display?

Check the staple cartridge position.

Rachid.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Using non genuine toner will cause this problem oftenly. Every few months u need to replace those gears and clean up. Genuine toner doenst cause this problem unless u seldomly use the machine

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jiongpao View Post
    Using non genuine toner will cause this problem oftenly. Every few months u need to replace those gears and clean up. Genuine toner doenst cause this problem unless u seldomly use the machine
    Actually that's not entirely true. I've had clients push 100,000 copies through a similar model (ir6570) per month for 8 months at a time with no toner issues using generic toner, though saying that I will say that the blacks were not as intense as the original Canon toner had produced but then again they were not running anything but text documents so it did not matter. Though on the other hand this part of the world seldom sees outdoor temperatures above 100f so maybe that would be critical as well as the generic toner supplier that I have which might be different than yours. So your statement may be true for some generic suppliers under some circumstances.

Ron314159265
    Last edited by Ron314; 05-07-2013 at 05:14 AM. Reason: clarification