Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon CN3570 and Scangear

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    Scangear driver has had conflicts with other TWAIN drivers. Are there any other scanners installed on that computer? If so uninstall all other scanners or TWAIN devices and try again.

Do you get this error from multiple programs?

***You must use the Canon Network Scangear TWAIN software.

Quote Originally Posted by shwelter View Post
    "autrans.dll" is located at C:\Windows\System\autrans.dll (and the properties confirm it's Cannon).
    The registry does in fact include a key at (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Canon).
    I still receive the error of "The necessary file is corrupted, not found, or the settings are incorrect. Reinstall the scanner driver. Scanner driver will be quitted". I reinstalled the driver (yet again, and again, and again) with the same result.

Anything other suggestions?

can't think of any but> found this online-
    http://www.digitalissues.co.uk/html/...can/index.html
    ScanGear detects the iR but fails during acquire with the error "missing or damaged file or settings incorrect. Reinstall the driver"
    This information provided with permission by Gary Baker of Canon Business Solutions. Thanks Gary
    ScanGear would detect the iR 3300 but when you tried to acquire an image you would get an error (missing or damaged file or settings incorrect. Reinstall the driver).
    This happened with Win 2Kand NT4 workstations and with different scanning applications.
    With the help of the customers IT Dept. we discovered a conflict with another program they were using. It wasn't a scanning program but communicated with their mainframe and is called Extra.
    Both their program (Extra) and our NetworkScanGear were trying to use a file with the same file name.
    Both files are named autrans.dll but they are actually different files in different locations.
    Once we removed or renamed the other file (The one Extra uses) we were able to scan but of course their (Extra) program wouldn't work.
    We came up with a work around so that both would work.
    By changing the path statement and putting the path for our ScanGrear first both programs would work.
    It seems that if ScanGear found the wrong autrans.dll file first it would error out, but if their (Extra) program found the wrong file first it would realize this and keep looking for the correct one.
    Hope this helps.
    This information provided by Chris Austin. Thanks Chris.
    Hey Gary, thanks for your suggestion. That did the trick. We also discovered that if you do a search for (autrans.dll), it will show all occurances of that file, and if you simply drag and drop the canon .dll file into WINNT folder, it will automatically set canon .dll first in the path statement.

added on from me-
    necessary file is corrupted, not found,= usually means a bad .dll file

uninstall ScanGear program/ open reg edit/ remove all traces of LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Canon/remove autrans.dll / re -boot/ re-load Scangear

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ***You must use the Canon Network Scangear TWAIN software.
    I guess my post was unclear, sorry. But referring to Canon Network scangear as TWAIN software seems confusing since it is a TWAIN driver. It makes it sound as if Canon Network Scangear is the program you use to scan images into and save, when it is just the utility to setup the driver. In generic terms, yes it would be categorized as software as opposed to hardware.

Anyway, the Canon Network Scangear TWAIN driver has had conflicts with other TWAIN sources. Are there any USB devices installed such as a flatbed scanner or digital camera? Uninstall the device drivers and uninstall any software bundled with those cameras or scanners. This goes back, but I specifically remember an older version of Paper Port software messing with the TWAIN causing the Canon Network Scangear not to work. And on another occasion the TWAIN driver from another scanner caused the Canon Network Scangear not to work. I believe the latter was resolved by the order in which the drivers were installed. I can't remember which one needed installed 1st but one way it worked the other it didn't.

Edit: I just read previous post, kinda spooky about the order things being installed. LOL

your right, it can be a TWAIN in the BUT

Omuser

Re: Canon CN3570 and Scangear

Hello. Can anybody help me?

I've done this:

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Setting up Network Scangear – for black and white copiers.

1. Load Network ScanGear disk in drive – go to My Computer and double click on the drive with NWSCANGEAR in the description.
    2. Double click the Driver folder.
    3. Double click the English folder.
    4. Double click the Disk1 folder.
    5. Double click the Setup icon.
    6. Then click Next, Yes, Next, Next, Next.
    7. Unclick the, I want to view the README file now, option and click Finish.

With the Network Scangear installed, you need to let the computer know there is a scanner option installed and test it.

1. Go to Start, All Programs, Network ScanGear, then to ScanGear Tool.
    2. Click Discover and let the computer find the copier/scanner.
    3. Highlight the copier with the IP address you want to use and click Select.
    4. Click Test to verify that it is working, if working it should say, “The selected scanner is available for scanning”. Click OK.
    5. Click Exit.
    6. You copier/scanner is now setup to operate as a scanner.

You may or may not have to setup the scan feature in the software you are going to use to scan with. Word 2007 has to have a Macro setup for it to be used.
    I can't understand how to scan now?
    I don't see any scanner in system yet.
    Start-All Programmes - Windows fax and scan -> "No scanner were detected"

What I should do? Please help!

What program are you using to scan with? Scangear has to work with versions of MS Word or Acrobat Standard or Professional.

Omuser

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    MS Word or Acrobat Standard or Professional.
    Omg! I never thought about it! thanks it is helped!

And new problem.
    "The necessary file is corrupted, not found or the settings are incorrect"
    I hate it already.
    Win7x64 Acrobat Pro. ScanGear 2.3

and there are no autrans.dll file anywhere
    Last edited by Omuser; 11-15-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omuser View Post
    Omg! I never thought about it! thanks it is helped!

And new problem.
    "The necessary file is corrupted, not found or the settings are incorrect"
    I hate it already.
    Win7x64 Acrobat Pro. ScanGear 2.3

and there are no autrans.dll file anywhere
    ------------------------------------------
    Version 2.3 of Network Scangear will install onto 64 bit operating systems but has to be used in 32 bit compatibility mode.

Network ScanGear driver cannot be started at the same time as the ScanGear Tool. If the ScanGear Tool is running, close it.

Network ScanGear is started by accessing it from a TWAIN compliant application as follows:
    1. On the imageRunner copier, press the Scan button. Press Online.
    2. On the PC, start the TWAIN-compliant application.
    3. In the application, select Network ScanGear as the scanner to be used. In the application, choose the command that selects a scanner, then select Network ScanGear in the dialog box that appears. After doing this operation once, there is no need to repeat it.
    4. In the application, choose the command that starts scanning operation (for example, "Scan New" or "Acquire"). The Network ScanGear Main Window appears. Individual items in this window are explained below. NOTE:
    See the documentation provided with your software application for commands and procedures used to select Network ScanGear and start scanning.

The window that appears when Network ScanGear is opened in an application is called the Network ScanGear Main Window.

The Network ScanGear Main Window includes the following items.

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**