Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kbilotta

Question Canon CN3570 and Scangear

I have a user who is trying to use network scangear v 2.21 and is receiving the following error whenever he attempts to scan via adobe or any MS product -
    The necessary file is corrupted not found or the setting is incorrect.
    Reinstall the scanner driver
    Scanner driver will be quitted.

The driver and folders have been removed and reinstalled.
    There is no virus present.
    No one else seems to be having this problem and are able to scan fine.
    This is a network printer.

Any ideas?

I take it you have installed Network Scan gear & not colour network scan gear? have you discovered the device & selected it in the scan tool? What version of windows is on the PC with the problem & have you tried from any other PC's? have you downloaded the driver or run from CD?

shwelter

Cannon 2230 scanner error

"The necessary file is corrupted, not found, or the settings are incorrect. Reinstall the scanner driver. Scanner driver will be quitted".

I saw a very similar post for this error but it wasn't answered.

I'm using Windows XP, SP3, Office 2003. The netgear software has been uninstalled and totally removed from the registry (several times!). This used to work, but suddenly stopped for unknown reasons.

How to fix this problem?

Setting up Network Scangear – for black and white copiers.

1. Load Network ScanGear disk in drive – go to My Computer and double click on the drive with NWSCANGEAR in the description.
    2. Double click the Driver folder.
    3. Double click the English folder.
    4. Double click the Disk1 folder.
    5. Double click the Setup icon.
    6. Then click Next, Yes, Next, Next, Next.
    7. Unclick the, I want to view the README file now, option and click Finish.

With the Network Scangear installed, you need to let the computer know there is a scanner option installed and test it.

1. Go to Start, All Programs, Network ScanGear, then to ScanGear Tool.
    2. Click Discover and let the computer find the copier/scanner.
    3. Highlight the copier with the IP address you want to use and click Select.
    4. Click Test to verify that it is working, if working it should say, “The selected scanner is available for scanning”. Click OK.
    5. Click Exit.
    6. You copier/scanner is now setup to operate as a scanner.

You may or may not have to setup the scan feature in the software you are going to use to scan with. Word 2007 has to have a Macro setup for it to be used.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon CN3570 and Scangear

Quote Originally Posted by kbilotta View Post
    I have a user who is trying to use network scangear v 2.21 and is receiving the following error whenever he attempts to scan via adobe or any MS product -
    The necessary file is corrupted not found or the setting is incorrect.
    Reinstall the scanner driver
    Scanner driver will be quitted.

The driver and folders have been removed and reinstalled.
    There is no virus present.
    No one else seems to be having this problem and are able to scan fine.
    This is a network printer.

Any ideas?
    perform a search on your computer for the file autrans.dll. Right click on this file and click Copy. Browse to the Windows 'System' Directory (Windows 98 = C:\Windows\System || Windows NT / 2000 / XP = C:\WINNT\System 32). Once in this directory, right click and select Paste.
    Once this file is pasted in the proper directory, the error will no longer occur.

Last edited by teckat; 04-22-2010 at 12:52 AM.

shwelter
    Thank you for your reply.

I have done the "discover", and the test has replied with "The selected scanner is available for scanning". I've probably done this a dozen times with no success!

I've gone as far as opening regedit to search for any instances of "Scangear", then deleting that entry. The folder has been deleted, too. This is not the recommended way to delete software, but it's a sure fire method. Then I re-install scangear, reboot (shouldn't have to, but---). The error remains.

Any suggestions for the next step?

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Setting up Network Scangear – for black and white copiers.

1. Load Network ScanGear disk in drive – go to My Computer and double click on the drive with NWSCANGEAR in the description.
    2. Double click the Driver folder.
    3. Double click the English folder.
    4. Double click the Disk1 folder.
    5. Double click the Setup icon.
    6. Then click Next, Yes, Next, Next, Next.
    7. Unclick the, I want to view the README file now, option and click Finish.

With the Network Scangear installed, you need to let the computer know there is a scanner option installed and test it.

1. Go to Start, All Programs, Network ScanGear, then to ScanGear Tool.
    2. Click Discover and let the computer find the copier/scanner.
    3. Highlight the copier with the IP address you want to use and click Select.
    4. Click Test to verify that it is working, if working it should say, “The selected scanner is available for scanning”. Click OK.
    5. Click Exit.
    6. You copier/scanner is now setup to operate as a scanner.

You may or may not have to setup the scan feature in the software you are going to use to scan with. Word 2007 has to have a Macro setup for it to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by shwelter View Post
    Thank you for your reply.

I have done the "discover", and the test has replied with "The selected scanner is available for scanning". I've probably done this a dozen times with no success!

I've gone as far as opening regedit to search for any instances of "Scangear", then deleting that entry. The folder has been deleted, too. This is not the recommended way to delete software, but it's a sure fire method. Then I re-install scangear, reboot (shouldn't have to, but---). The error remains.

Any suggestions for the next step?

perform a search on your computer for the file autrans.dll. Right click on this file and click Copy. Browse to the Windows 'System' Directory (Windows 98 = C:\Windows\System || Windows NT / 2000 / XP = C:\WINNT\System 32). Once in this directory, right click and select Paste.
    Once this file is pasted in the proper directory, the error will no longer occur.

this may help if u ever uninstalled v2.0

Known Issue:
    • When a user installs Network ScanGear v2.0, the registry key
    (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Canon) that Canon's applications and drivers use would be created.
    However, when a user uninstalls Network ScanGear v2.0 in the following 3 conditions, this registry key would
    be deleted. As a result, Canon’s installed applications and drivers will not work as a result of this registry key
    deletion.
    Conditions that this problem would occur (procedures):
    1) Network ScanGear v2.0 is installed on a PC where the above mentioned registry key doesn’t exist.
    2) Canon’s application or driver that creates and uses the same registry key is installed on the PC.
    3) Network ScanGear v2.0 is uninstalled.
    Resolution:
    • Updating from Network ScanGear v2.0 to v2.01 will resolve the above listed registry key issues. If Network
    ScanGear v2.0 was uninstalled already, install Network ScanGear v2.01 and reinstall Canon's applications or
    drivers that were affected.
    Notes:
    • When a user installs the Canon’s application or driver that creates and uses the above mentioned registry
    key before installing Network ScanGear v2.0, this problem never occurs even when Network ScanGear
    v2.0 is uninstalled.
    • This problem never occurs with the older versions of Network ScanGear.
    • If this problem occurs, the user can resolve the issue by reinstalling Canon's applications or drivers that
    were affected.

shwelter
    "autrans.dll" is located at C:\Windows\System\autrans.dll (and the properties confirm it's Cannon).
    The registry does in fact include a key at (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Canon).
    I still receive the error of "The necessary file is corrupted, not found, or the settings are incorrect. Reinstall the scanner driver. Scanner driver will be quitted". I reinstalled the driver (yet again, and again, and again) with the same result.

Anything other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by shwelter View Post
    "autrans.dll" is located at C:\Windows\System\autrans.dll (and the properties confirm it's Cannon).
    The registry does in fact include a key at (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Canon).
    I still receive the error of "The necessary file is corrupted, not found, or the settings are incorrect. Reinstall the scanner driver. Scanner driver will be quitted". I reinstalled the driver (yet again, and again, and again) with the same result.

Anything other suggestions?

can't think of any but> found this online-
    http://www.digitalissues.co.uk/html/...can/index.html
    ScanGear detects the iR but fails during acquire with the error "missing or damaged file or settings incorrect. Reinstall the driver"
    This information provided with permission by Gary Baker of Canon Business Solutions. Thanks Gary
    ScanGear would detect the iR 3300 but when you tried to acquire an image you would get an error (missing or damaged file or settings incorrect. Reinstall the driver).
    This happened with Win 2Kand NT4 workstations and with different scanning applications.
    With the help of the customers IT Dept. we discovered a conflict with another program they were using. It wasn't a scanning program but communicated with their mainframe and is called Extra.
    Both their program (Extra) and our NetworkScanGear were trying to use a file with the same file name.
    Both files are named autrans.dll but they are actually different files in different locations.
    Once we removed or renamed the other file (The one Extra uses) we were able to scan but of course their (Extra) program wouldn't work.
    We came up with a work around so that both would work.
    By changing the path statement and putting the path for our ScanGrear first both programs would work.
    It seems that if ScanGear found the wrong autrans.dll file first it would error out, but if their (Extra) program found the wrong file first it would realize this and keep looking for the correct one.
    Hope this helps.
    This information provided by Chris Austin. Thanks Chris.
    Hey Gary, thanks for your suggestion. That did the trick. We also discovered that if you do a search for (autrans.dll), it will show all occurances of that file, and if you simply drag and drop the canon .dll file into WINNT folder, it will automatically set canon .dll first in the path statement.

added on from me-
    necessary file is corrupted, not found,= usually means a bad .dll file

uninstall ScanGear program/ open reg edit/ remove all traces of LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Canon/remove autrans.dll / re -boot/ re-load Scangear
    Last edited by teckat; 04-22-2010 at 06:35 PM.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Scangear driver has had conflicts with other TWAIN drivers. Are there any other scanners installed on that computer? If so uninstall all other scanners or TWAIN devices and try again.

Do you get this error from multiple programs?