Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technician

Re: Canon NP6050 False Paper Jam

I finally got around to reviewing the information and I appreciate it. I've been a service technician for other mechanical equipment for 35 years, but not for copiers - so I'm not familiar with the terminology of copier parts. If you would patiently walk me through this I'd appreciate it. I can supply photos if need be.

The last two codes set, E713, refer to the sorter. I assume the sorter is the big auxiliary unit that attaches to the side of the copier. I junked it long ago as I had no need for it. But the copier did work fine without it until now. Since it no longer exists, it can't be that.

Here's some additional information that may be relevant: Paper drawer #2 does not function. I had to select drawer #1 manually rather than use the auto select feature or it would jam. However with drawer #1 selected, it always would work fine.

What should I look for first and where to look? Is the problem being reported located in the area indicated by the LCD readout, or is it elsewhere?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon NP6050 False Paper Jam

Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
    I finally got around to reviewing the information and I appreciate it. I've been a service technician for other mechanical equipment for 35 years, but not for copiers - so I'm not familiar with the terminology of copier parts. If you would patiently walk me through this I'd appreciate it. I can supply photos if need be.

The last two codes set, E713, refer to the sorter. I assume the sorter is the big auxiliary unit that attaches to the side of the copier. I junked it long ago as I had no need for it. But the copier did work fine without it until now. Since it no longer exists, it can't be that.

Here's some additional information that may be relevant: Paper drawer #2 does not function. I had to select drawer #1 manually rather than use the auto select feature or it would jam. However with drawer #1 selected, it always would work fine.

What should I look for first and where to look? Is the problem being reported located in the area indicated by the LCD readout, or is it elsewhere?
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    error codes 713 could have been when sorter was attached//

you are dealing with a product that is over 15yrs old & and had over 300 technical tech pubs
    u need an old trained Canon tech to view the situation //

all deck and cassette operations can not be fully explained here !!!/

observation>testing>inspection>removal>inspection> and on & on & on

010E codes = probably need the one -way clutches replaced
    Cassette Side Guide VR bracket is probably bent

click on pic to expand
    6050.JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

I'm happy and proud to say that I solved the problem.

My first thought was that if the LCD report about the right side #2 door section was accurate it should be in that area and nowhere else. But there was nothing to be seen there at all. So I thought what if the door isn't closing properly? It seemed to stay closed OK. Since I know this machine is loaded with sensors, I next asked what it is that senses that the door is closed? I located the optical sensor but I had no way of verifying the operation of it - so I decided to compare it with that of door #3 beneath. I inserted a screwdriver to replicate the action of the door lever to activate the sensor. The sensor for door #3 would beep when I moved the screwdriver around. Then I tested the one for door #2: no beep.

I could see that the sensor itself would be a bitch to access. I decided not to remove it unless it was absolutely necessary, and in scrutinizing it I found the problem. It had come unplugged from the lower wiring connector. Plugging the sensor back in was also tough to do, but after I did it the error report stopped and it's back to normal.

As for the relatively small piece of torn paper that initially started the whole issue, I can only surmise that it must have been lodged in the machine for a long time and eventually got caught in that area. Maybe opening and closing the door jarred the sensor plug loose - impossible to tell.

Persistence pays.

I'll print this out and save it as a reference for the next time this over-engineered monstrosity malfunctions.

Case Closed.JPGWhew_Full.jpggood luck !!!!!!!!!

i have the same problem of false paper jam. no paper but indicate jam at lower door. replaced vertical path sensors ps27, ps 36, ps 30 all good.

look for the recent jams the screen displays all 000 000 etc. on the screen. what could be the possible problem?

if i insert a piece of paper on sensor ps36 and ps30 the machine will beep, an indication that the sensors are working. But on Sensor PS27, no beep at all. i already swap the sensor with Ps30 still no beep on PS27. machine indicates Jam at lower right door at power on.
    Last edited by mdm7266; 11-17-2014 at 07:45 AM. Reason: additional information

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mdm7266 View Post
    i have the same problem of false paper jam. no paper but indicate jam at lower door. replaced vertical path sensors ps27, ps 36, ps 30 all good.

look for the recent jams the screen displays all 000 000 etc. on the screen. what could be the possible problem?

if i insert a piece of paper on sensor ps36 and ps30 the machine will beep, an indication that the sensors are working. But on Sensor PS27, no beep at all. i already swap the sensor with Ps30 still no beep on PS27. machine indicates Jam at lower right door at power on.
    In my case I still have an occasional report that the door is not closed, but now I know with the problem is. It's a mechanical problem involving the closing of the door: if the tab on the door that activates the sensor is not aligned properly it won't activate the sensor. Giving the door a good slam corrects it.

As I mentioned, check the sensor by inserting a sufficiently large object into its path to see if it responds. In my case it wasn't a bad sensor. It can also be either the wiring connection or the hardware piece that activates it.

i tried your suggestion but the same " open right door remove jam paper" the machine is pointing a jam at the middle right door.

jam at power on. i tried the reset *4* same problem

Here is the jam code

B_JAM0: 0208 010A 010A
    B_JAM3: 010A 010A 010C
    B_JAM6: 010C 010D 010C
    B_ALRM: 0001

Quote Originally Posted by mdm7266 View Post
    i tried your suggestion but the same " open right door remove jam paper" the machine is pointing a jam at the middle right door.

jam at power on. i tried the reset *4* same problem

Here is the jam code

B_JAM0: 0208 010A 010A
    B_JAM3: 010A 010A 010C
    B_JAM6: 010C 010D 010C
    B_ALRM: 0001
    ==============================================
    17 sensors
    u never look at the obvious jam location in this piece of junk printer

Check the spring tension of all sensor flags, and add a wrap if necessary.
    another issue in this series is the wiring.

For the 010C jam code, it's typically the fuser drive clutch

I personally would remove the Finisher/
    then gut the printer to physically look for any PAPER FRAGMENTS that may be lodged inside connections on Frame Side & on all Removed Assembly s
    ---
    PAPER FRAGMENTS in connections// known issue on power on Jams for this NP SERIES