Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts mitsubee's Avatar

Canon IRc3100N Error E00020-0081

Hi all ,

Does anyone here expirienced this error before? I suspect the drum ass'y is causing the problem.i could be wrong that`s why i don want to order the assy first.

Anyone could help?

Thanks

Could be patch image read sensor that reads the density of the toner laid down on the drum ..often a quick fix is to blow out the sensor with an "air duster" this can be accessed by removing the drum and CAREFULLY blowing it out.. do not rub it it is VERY sensitive to static.. The drum is the other part of the equasion and you may be right if the drum is old it may not be able to reach the target set by the sensor ..... Good Luck

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mitsubee's Avatar
    Thanks you Irish

I will followed your instruction by blowing off the dust on the sensor before changing to a new Drum Ass'y

Thanks again.

it is definitely caused by the patch sensor which sits at 11 oclock when you remove the drum. Clean it like described but the real reason it is getting dirty is stray toner is getting flung around because of the turret. I have found big piles of toner on top of the laser assembly. Come at it for the left side panel and you will find a black shroud above the laser held in with two screws and it will have piles of toner on it that the developers are slinging around

Hope this helps

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Copier_Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 11x17 View Post
    it is definitely caused by the patch sensor which sits at 11 oclock when you remove the drum. Clean it like described but the real reason it is getting dirty is stray toner is getting flung around because of the turret. I have found big piles of toner on top of the laser assembly. Come at it for the left side panel and you will find a black shroud above the laser held in with two screws and it will have piles of toner on it that the developers are slinging around

Hope this helps

Yeah, Make sure you have a good Vacuum Cleaner. It's a mess without one.

I agree With The Lads .. It is caused by loose toner ..Unfortunatly there is nothing you can do about this as it is "a feature" of this horrible machine ..and all its offspring.... Rant over

Technical Support Manager 50+ Posts welshman's Avatar

error code

change the sensor it will come back again and again and again
    once it starts they never stop

change the transfer cleaner unit as well this is often the cause of the stray toner getting all over the place

horrible little machines that they are

There is a modified cleaner station ... make sure you use that one .. and change the whole unit not just the blade .. GREAT RESULT in the rugby .. congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I agree With The Lads .. It is caused by loose toner ..Unfortunatly there is nothing you can do about this as it is "a feature" of this horrible machine ..and all its offspring.... Rant over
    Indeed it is the patch sensor flooded with residual toner. But the problem has this origin: people think that this is a color copier. It is not ! Canon defines it as a B/w copier with office color capabilities (colored text and some graphics). It is designed to have a 15% color workload and the rest in black copies. I have a lot of these "horrible machines" in contracts, but I have these problems only with those who copy a lot of color. In addition I encountered at clients who copy a lot of full color pages (posters) this phenomena: after 80-100 pages full color, the colors are fading. This is also normal because the machine is designed to make an auto gradation adjustment at every 200 full color pages. The only solution I found is to stop the machine, let it cool down and then start again. The machine will do an auto gradation adjustment (toner/developer ratio) at power on if the fixing assy temperature is bellow 50 Celsius degrees.

kak.chandra
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    Indeed it is the patch sensor flooded with residual toner. But the problem has this origin: people think that this is a color copier. It is not ! Canon defines it as a B/w copier with office color capabilities (colored text and some graphics). It is designed to have a 15% color workload and the rest in black copies. I have a lot of these "horrible machines" in contracts, but I have these problems only with those who copy a lot of color. In addition I encountered at clients who copy a lot of full color pages (posters) this phenomena: after 80-100 pages full color, the colors are fading. This is also normal because the machine is designed to make an auto gradation adjustment at every 200 full color pages. The only solution I found is to stop the machine, let it cool down and then start again. The machine will do an auto gradation adjustment (toner/developer ratio) at power on if the fixing assy temperature is bellow 50 Celsius degrees.
    help me SSt for 3200?
    friend

chandra
    RESET CANON,Printer Canon,Printer EPSON,HP Deskjet and Manual Service