Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    mattamondo

Canon IR3100 Just prints thin black lines nothing else

Hello Guys.

First post so please be gentle. I have had 3100 and 2570's for a while now and have got to know them pretty well. I have bought some more for spares from ebay and actually got them working. Well not all of them but you can never have too many spares.

I have up till now always managed to sort the issue I had but now I need help.

I had a 3100 with a torn itb and last week my stir clutch gear went on another 3100 so I decided after looking at how to get to the clutch gear ( Total strip down) to change the itb from that one to the other.

I had raped it of some parts so used that one to rebuild the other.

Now the problem. All I get is a page with thin lines on it. It does not matter if its a test print or a scan and print its all the same. I have attached a pdf sample if you would be so kind to look at it.

i have spent a while searching for answers here on the forum but all the line printing posts are actually getting a copy not just lines.

So far I have changed the drum, the black developing unit, the laser exposure unit, the memory and of course the itb all from the machine that worked to try and solve this issue.

I didnt think that this machine had this issue before but it was the first machine i bought and cant remember. I have loads of parts to go at from my other donor machines but this is now looking like maybe its a board fault. No error messages thats the really strange thing.

I hope that someone has seen this before and maybe able to help.

Sorry for the long post but its a bit of an introduction as its my first post and now i have found you hopefully i may be able to help others.

Thanks

Matttestpage.pdf

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon IR3100 Just prints thin black lines nothing else

just a note on parts pcb's listed below
    The Counter Memory PCB, ECO ID PCB and SRAM PCB retain information pertinent to the specific engine they are
    installed in. Ensure that you never swap any of these circuit boards with another engine. If any of these circuit boards
    are swapped, it can result negatively in equipment performance.

now getting back to your issue>
    is this only on BLACK copies & Prints (u posted changing only BLK dev unit)?
    what about other colors ? this is a iR3100c /iR2570c?

That is a Major DIGITAL ISSUE / image processing control
    Main pcb or a Sub pcb issue
    could even be a Memory issue

How are internal test prints ??

PG10 ? MCYBk Horizontal Stripes
    PG6 ? GRID PATTERN
    PG12 ? 64-Gradation
    Last edited by teckat; 04-07-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

mattamondo

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

All prints are the same even the internal test prints.

I have not changed any sub boards although that was going to be my next move.

It looks like if i do that i will have to change the main and dc boards as well.

The model is 3100cn

I was thinking along the same lines as a major processing fault especially with the internal prints being just garbage as well.

Colour does come through a little but under the same black print I cant really see any graduation etc.

I changed the black unit as there seems to be where the problem was lying especially after trying colour prints and having the black on top.

My thoughts are to put the main and sub cards from my stripped down unit in and see what i get then. Unfortunately although all that was wrong with the stripped down one was the clutch gear it looks almost impossible to change.

Thanks again for any help.

Matt

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattamondo View Post
    Hi, Thanks for the reply.

All prints are the same even the internal test prints.

I have not changed any sub boards although that was going to be my next move.

It looks like if i do that i will have to change the main and dc boards as well.

The model is 3100cn

I was thinking along the same lines as a major processing fault especially with the internal prints being just garbage as well.

Colour does come through a little but under the same black print I cant really see any graduation etc.

I changed the black unit as there seems to be where the problem was lying especially after trying colour prints and having the black on top.

My thoughts are to put the main and sub cards from my stripped down unit in and see what i get then. Unfortunately although all that was wrong with the stripped down one was the clutch gear it looks almost impossible to change.

Thanks again for any help.

Matt
    =======================================

what clutch gear > what location ?

I want to see your PG 10 if possible & a PG 6

SEE THESE pdf's ---on Board
    cleaning
    & re-positioning & notice on swapping/replacing pcb/s

iR Color Counters_TP07.pdf
    Board Cleaning_Board Position-TP07 094.pdf
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

mattamondo

I will do the 2 test prints tomorrow and upload them and will have a look at the pdf,s now

Thanks

mattamondo

Sorry it was the stir clutch cog that had been worn down and was just making a horrible noise and no longer engaging.

I stripped out the main board to get to the clutch and managed to remove the gear which by the looks of it I should not have been able to do. It looks as if the rotary is supposed to be removed to get to it normally but from what I can see the structure of the machine has to be completely stripped down to remove the rotary. But i may be wrong someone will prob tell me otherwise lol,

Thanks

Matt

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

you have to remove the main drive assembly to get to that gear.
    I somehow remember someone with small hands, getting to it from the inside, through a small hole in the frame