Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 250+ Posts landspeeder's Avatar

Cano IR 7095 image fades in and out....

I need some insparation........ I have a 7095 that when doing a copy run...the image will fade to almost cant see it. You start a copy run and maybe the first 5, 10 20 copies look great then all of a sudden one of the copies will go faint while the leading half is still perfect. Then the next X number will be faint and then it will do a page half faint, leading, and the other half perfect and then go for X pages and repeat.
    We have changed the dev unit, pre-charge, charge, sep transfer and the fuser . Today being desperate we adj the image density and auto exp. and it lasted for 1/2 a day and now has gone south again....any ideas???

Help us obiwan!!!
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Cano IR 7095  image fades in and out....

Re: Cano IR 7095 image fades in and out....

Quote Originally Posted by landspeeder View Post
    I need some insparation........ I have a 7095 that when doing a copy run...the image will fade to almost cant see it. You start a copy run and maybe the first 5, 10 20 copies look great then all of a sudden one of the copies will go faint while the leading half is still perfect. Then the next X number will be faint and then it will do a page half faint, leading, and the other half perfect and then go for X pages and repeat.
    We have changed the dev unit, pre-charge, charge, sep transfer and the fuser . Today being desperate we adj the image density and auto exp. and it lasted for 1/2 a day and now has gone south again....any ideas???

Help us obiwan!!!

==============================

Set a copy run of 25~50 copies. Once started, go into service mode Copier>Display>DPOT and see what VLT is reading (normally around 65~70 volts). Next check VLM and what that reading is (this should be close to VLT). In cases where VLM is much higher than VLT ( such as VLM= 200) the Laser Scanner power is to weak, and could not bring the voltage down to correct target. See if Adjusting Laser Power in Service Mode corrects the problem

if not>>>>>>>

To correct problem replace laser unit.

also-----Check visually to make sure that blanking lamps are coming on. You should see a red glow next to primary corona, and don't forget to cheat the laser shutter when looking or else it will generate an E110 . The DC controller sends 24v dc to turn on lamps. You should also not read any continuity when ohming lamps at connector. If you do read continuity most likely the short also took out DC controller and you will have to replace them both at the same time.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Hey thats the best info my sore eyes have seen since this whole mess started..we are on the verge of the service mng. quitting, loosing our contract...and me getting stuck with going on site!!! If this pulls us out of the black hole I'll send you a pizza coupon.....which to us Canadians is the best!!!!
    Thanks

QUOTE=teckat;352486]==============================

Set a copy run of 25~50 copies. Once started, go into service mode Copier>Display>DPOT and see what VLT is reading (normally around 65~70 volts). Next check VLM and what that reading is (this should be close to VLT). In cases where VLM is much higher than VLT ( such as VLM= 200) the Laser Scanner power is to weak, and could not bring the voltage down to correct target. See if Adjusting Laser Power in Service Mode corrects the problem

if not>>>>>>>

also-----Check visually to make sure that blanking lamps are coming on. You should see a red glow next to primary corona, and don't forget to cheat the laser shutter when looking or else it will generate an E110 . The DC controller sends 24v dc to turn on lamps. You should also not read any continuity when ohming lamps at connector. If you do read continuity most likely the short also took out DC controller and you will have to replace them both at the same time.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by landspeeder; 04-09-2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

Dear all,

A laser diode is available as a single part : FM2-8146-000000. It is 60% cheaper than the laser assembly.

Rachid.
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

Quote Originally Posted by teckat:352486

Help us obiwan!!!

==============================

if not>>>>>>>

also-----Check visually to make sure that blanking lamps are coming on. You should see a red glow next to primary corona, and don't forget to cheat the laser shutter when looking or else it will generate an E110 . The DC controller sends 24v dc to turn on lamps. You should also not read any continuity when ohming lamps at connector. If you do read continuity most likely the short also took out DC controller and you will have to replace them both at the same time.
    I have been given the honor of going on site tomorrow to try to get this mess sorted out . Do you really feel I have a chance if i follow what you said? The service manager has spent 4 days on this machine .Today he put in a new drum.....$1400. our cost .....I told him what you think and got the brush ...either way thanks also the drum didn't help

I have been given the honor of going on site tomorrow to try to get this mess sorted out . Do you really feel I have a chance if i follow what you said? The service manager has spent 4 days on this machine .Today he put in a new drum.....$1400. our cost .....I told him what you think and got the brush ...either way thanks also the drum didn't help
    ---------------------------

why would a service manager put in a new drum without doing some basic procedures to test the Laser ??

who trained this manager

troubleshooting an issue needs a procedure>
    observation/inspection/testing/elimination/testing

i once had a Canon manager who never serviced a copier/ was IT Trained>new everything>had all the answers>manual smart-

but didn't know a Phillips from a Flathead /how to use a Meter/how to trace a short/how to fix a connector !!
    all he knew was replace as many parts u can carry to solve the issue-

finally was deported back to Slovenia

phone number

Can you give me your phone number im onsite and things are not good...also the laser vlm ... Were 30 and 30...not 60 - 90 or the 200...

Re: phone number

Can you give me your phone number im onsite and things are not good...also the laser vlm ... Were 30 and 30...not 60 - 90 or the 200...

your getting that with a new Drum>

looks like u need the Laser unit replaced

make sure u have a Laser Dust proof glass present & it's claen

laser

We just replaced the laser.....no difference ....first 25 were good then half faint half good then all faint then good....

Re: phone number

=======================
    CHECK DRUM SURFACE POTENTIALS
    The measured and target values (VL1M and VL1T) (VDM and VDT) in DPOT, SERVICE MODE>COPIER>DPOT, should be relatively close in value. When the measured value of VDM (VOLTAGE DRUM/DARK) is close to the value of VL1M (VOLTAGE LIGHT) the SCANNER LASER AND BLANK LAMPS should be investigated because the primary voltage is not being dissipated by light.

Check visually to make sure that blanking lamps are coming on. Replace LED ARRAY Unit if needed. = FH7-3395-020
    Check the the laser shutter. When the shutter is not open fully, the VL1 value will rise. Bent actuator may be the cause.
    Replace the Laser Unit. The part number for the Laser Scanner Assembly is FM2-5449-010.

REMINDER >>>>CHECK DEVELOPER
    If copies and prints are light, check the coating of Toner on the Developer.