Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

IPF8300 2F42 Nozzle Check Error

Hi! I finally got my printer almost working. I can now print but have problems with the B line not printing on 1 color on each head left and right. I know that this can be caused by the Flex cable. What I was wondering is why is it on both heads. Seems like if it was the cable it would be one head or the other. It is the last block on the nozzle check on both the left and right. It is not the entire color only one line. Any ideas?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

Re: IPF8300 2F42 Nozzle Check Error

Can you post a nozzle1 pattern from service mode?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    IPF8300 2F42 Nozzle Check Error

Lightbulb Re: IPF8300 2F42 Nozzle Check Error

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by onlyinnewfoundland View Post
    Can you post a nozzle1 pattern from service mode?
    Here it is it: IPF_Nozzle.JPG

We recently had an 8100 (pretty much the same machine) stop printing blue after replacing a print head. Turned out to be a seal in the bottom of the entire ink tank unit. Unfortunately we had to replace the entire tank unit because the seal was ridiculous to try and replace.

If you have a manual or know how to remove covers from this, you can probably swing away the tank unit and make sure you don't have any air in the lines. That will totally screw these machines up. Sometimes the ink line may be just a little loose, and sometimes sucks air.

Not sure if the blue is causing this, but it looks like you have a left head issue - there is a break in one of the cyan blocks.

Technician

I'm not convinced that's the issue. If you notice I am totally missing two blocks - one from each head. The missing spots on the cyan are only because I don't want to do another head cleaning until I resolve the missing blocks. If I run a cleaning it will use up a lot of ink because it doesn't see those two blocks. The manual says it's most likely a cable or electrical - but I thought it was unusual since its on both heads - which means two different cables.

Technician

Hi - Anyone else offer any help on this. I basically gave up on this project 6 months ago and just came back to it.

Regards

Steve

Hey man

Just to chime in again - I recently had a client with an 8300 and one of the grids in the nozzle simply vanished...not even a bit of ink. I ended up changing the main controller and the problem went away. I also ended up installing new heads too because they were just so bad by the time the client got around to calling us about it.

Anyway - yeah...main controller..and then it worked right away.

If you get a new controller make sure you use the L-Printer tool from Canon and update the firmware before you install new heads, I think the boards are still on older firmware if you buy them new...but I could be wrong. You can force the machine into download mode with by holding stop + navigate when you power on. Just hook up USB and you should be good to go if you have that little program and the FW file handy.

Cheers

Technician

Newfoundland:

How likely is it that it's the Main Controller Board? If that's it then I have basically changed all the boards but the power supply on this machine.
    Anyone else have experience with this 2F42 error?

I have made contact with a Senior Sales Rep at Canon who I met at CES who has promised to help me out at the get the printer working Any other thoughts would be nice.

Regards,

Steve

What have you changed so far...I need to see a complete list.