Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Sylvain

Post Upgrade My Canon IR2270 with 07.37P (UFRII) and Kit Fax G3 but No SST CD with Kit...

Hi all,

I'm french, 36 years old

So sorry for my English

I am contacting you after the installation of a super G3 Fax Kit and to change a Bootrom Canon 06.36 C by 07.37 P.

Apparently software sst 3.11 or later are needed after reading the manual UFR II Printer Kit-E3 (Installation Procedure).

Only it appears that we need this Canon Software to make these updates (so only Canon dealers have access to this soft....)
    Brief difficult to access to the average person like me to try to change function for low cost of his copier for personal use ...

So my question is :
    Do you have a solution (free or to buy) to get the software with the 2270 firmware for update my Canon IR2270 ?
    Because I really need to apply the changes for use as a Printer and Fax.

As you may have noticed I'm not a Canon Dealer

Thank you in advance for your suggestions

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Upgrade My Canon IR2270 with 07.37P (UFRII) and Kit Fax G3 but No SST CD with Kit...

Re: Upgrade My Canon IR2270 with 07.37P (UFRII) and Kit Fax G3 but No SST CD with Kit

The IR-2270 series take a multi-pdl kit E1 (9593A003AA) and not the UFR kit E3. The E3 is for 2230 series machine and is not compatible with your 2270 series. I would remove the P boot rom and reinstall your C bootrom. That way you can use it as a copier and a fax unit for now. You will have to purchase the E1 kit which is a boot rom and install it into your 2270 series machine and it should function ok without needing a firmware upgrade. It is possible for you to get a firmware mismatch though which would give you an error code and require you to reflash the machine to all the same levels.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Sylvain

Re: Upgrade My Canon IR2270 with 07.37P (UFRII) and Kit Fax G3 but No SST CD with Kit

Quote Originally Posted by charm5496 View Post
    The IR-2270 series take a multi-pdl kit E1 (9593A003AA) and not the UFR kit E3. The E3 is for 2230 series machine and is not compatible with your 2270 series. I would remove the P boot rom and reinstall your C bootrom. That way you can use it as a copier and a fax unit for now. You will have to purchase the E1 kit which is a boot rom and install it into your 2270 series machine and it should function ok without needing a firmware upgrade. It is possible for you to get a firmware mismatch though which would give you an error code and require you to reflash the machine to all the same levels.
    Thank you Charm5496 for your Pro answer,

And sorry for my bad english explanation

I have already replaced the original bootrom 06.36C by an IR PASS 45 UFR P/N : 9906A003AA --> 07.37 P (Canon dealers in France says to me that this IRPASS working on w IR 2270)

I've not installed a UFR II E3 KIT
    To answer are your quote, I have just read a Manual "UFR II Printer Kit-E3 KIT Installation Procedure" and saw in this pdf
    that necessary to register and installing system software...

So I'm confused because a Canon Dealer in my city
    Told me that just change the 06.36 C Bootrom by 07.37 P on my IR2270 add print functions and working...
    (I have already HDD and 256Mo Memory)

When i access to the version with key * 2+8 --> I have now the 07.37 P installed

But not working at all ...

Sylvain

Hi all,

Everything works perfectly now

I call a great Tech Canon Dealer in France and he told me

First time to unplug the G3 Fax board and copier off/on to set the change

After that!!! Miracle!!!
    Print function with the bootrom 07.37 P appeared and works on the display
    After I reconnected card Super G3 fax miracle everything works

In fact
    When we developed this copier must take steps to know
    First change the bootrom to add the print function
    before connecting G3 Fax board

Else if G3 Fax board is plugged before changing the bootrom
    The Fax board goes into default Fax E0674 and all fax and new printer function 07.37 P not work

Good day to all
    Now here I am with Canon IR2270 Copier + "Printer and Fax option"

Cheers

Sylvain

Hi all

It is everything is back to normal for me now

I called a canon dealer and he solved my problem, I don't know how the problem came but the solution worked for me

We disconnected the Super G3 fax kit
    Off and On the copier to take into account changes
    --> Miracle Printer function works

Reconnection Super G3 fax kit
    --> Second miracle everything works -> Copier, Printer & Fax )

Conclusion sometimes to follow the installation steps when changing bootrom, namely:

if you connect the fax kit before and then change the bootrom after the copier can set error E0674 created a problem with the Fax option ...

So for me the solution was to simply unplug the fax kit
    off and turn on the IR2270
    And plug the fax kit off and turn on the copier
    The E0674 error disappears

And now everything working great

Hoping this helps someone who just meet the same worries

Bye

Sylvain

I confirm also

On my IR2270 with HDD + 256M0

It's possible to add differents hardware parts without SST software

1/- to change bootrom 06.36 C by 07.37 P to add option Printer
    2/- Install Super G3 fax Kit to add Fax function

Bye

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Excellent Feedback Sylvain
    Versailles est magnifique