Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon irc 3480 error e00020-0023

Canon irc 3480 error e00020-0023 drum developer error wont go away can anyone help. Originally black copies wouldnt copy. As soon as replaced black drum unit then got this errror got this error

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Canon irc 3480 error e00020-0023

Try cleaning the laser glass window with brush. The cleaning rod provided does not actually clean it well.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rayjeek View Post
    Try cleaning the laser glass window with brush. The cleaning rod provided does not actually clean it well.
    Cleaned laserglass manually, still same problem

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I had the same code on irc3380 and cleaning the laser resolved the issue. I could not resolve the problem on my first visit though I attempted cleaning the laser. Infact my senior tech asked me to go back and I did a thorough cleaning again to resolve the problem. You might find the under part of the black laser glass window covered with toner hence will require you to take apart laser to clean it. I am 99 % sure the issue might be with the black laser glass window being dirty. Another way to be certain of the black laser being dirty is if old drum works ok but the new drum throws up the code.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rayjeek View Post
    I had the same code on irc3380 and cleaning the laser resolved the issue. I could not resolve the problem on my first visit though I attempted cleaning the laser. Infact my senior tech asked me to go back and I did a thorough cleaning again to resolve the problem. You might find the under part of the black laser glass window covered with toner hence will require you to take apart laser to clean it. I am 99 % sure the issue might be with the black laser glass window being dirty. Another way to be certain of the black laser being dirty is if old drum works ok but the new drum throws up the code.
    I did the same exact thing as you did, when I put in the old black drum unit, nothing black prints or copies, cleaned the laser no black print, put the new drum throws up the code E0000 20 0023, any more ideas I can try

Senior Tech 100+ Posts its_just_a_copier's Avatar

I've had this happen a few times on this model. First clean the two patch sensors just to the right of the black drum. If there is truly no black development, you can mark the mag roller auger on the back of the drum unit with white-out, put it back in the machine and make 1 copy. Then take your drum out, if that auger did not change position, you have a broken Developer Drive Clutch FM2-3581-000.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by its_just_a_copier View Post
    I've had this happen a few times on this model. First clean the two patch sensors just to the right of the black drum. If there is truly no black development, you can mark the mag roller auger on the back of the drum unit with white-out, put it back in the machine and make 1 copy. Then take your drum out, if that auger did not change position, you have a broken Developer Drive Clutch FM2-3581-000.
    Will try that and let you know, thanks for the info

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lagustacat View Post
    Will try that and let you know, thanks for the info
    some power supplies must be removed for access to the developer clutches.

-Check the developing spring loaded coupling gears of the concerned color for proper position

Developing coupling gears
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi Teckat, black is the one that is giving me the problem, when I try to rotate the black drum developer coupler in your diagram it will only turn 1/4 of an inch either way, as where the other drum couplers turn all the way around, please advise, also it looks like quite a job to remove and replace please advise.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts its_just_a_copier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by its_just_a_copier View Post
    Replace part above. This will entail removal of several boards at the rear half of the machine to take out the developer drive assy. Took me about 3-4 hours if memory serves.