Robojoe

Canon ir5050 Powers up shuts down before it finishes loading

I have a canon IR5050 when I first encountered the machine it had fault code (E000001 0010), after shutting down and starting back up I entered service mode and it automatically shut down again. Now when I start it up it loads for a few seconds and then shuts back down it never completely starts up. any ideas from anyone.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Canon ir5050 Powers up shuts down before it finishes loading

Quote Originally Posted by Robojoe View Post
    I have a canon IR5050 when I first encountered the machine it had fault code (E000001 0010), after shutting down and starting back up I entered service mode and it automatically shut down again. Now when I start it up it loads for a few seconds and then shuts back down it never completely starts up. any ideas from anyone.
    Need to reset the Error Code in SMode > Function > Clear > ERR - then let the mc turn itself off before restarting.

E001-0010 means the power was turned off before the error was reset, more than likely the original error was E001-0001, quite possible it may just have been a glitch in the system however if the error returns then a more involved Fixing Unit issue.

Gar the pilot

I am having a simular problem with this now. Reset shutter 2 days ago and cleared error but got a call this morning it has reaccured,..bummer. replaced the Hr and Pr 3 months ago, Hr had pealed.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gar the pilot View Post
    I am having a simular problem with this now. Reset shutter 2 days ago and cleared error but got a call this morning it has reaccured,..bummer. replaced the Hr and Pr 3 months ago, Hr had pealed.

make sure u are getting proper voltage & proper neutral-to-ground supplied from outlet

voltage drops of over 10% or surges over 10% during the day cause havoc on Fix Unit

Measuring N-G voltages with a multimeter is a valid procedure, and the measurements you make may help identify wiring problems that cause excessive voltage drop.
    Remember, high levels of N-G voltage invariably arise from grounding/bonding problems.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Gar the pilot

well that has stopped now but I am getting E00001-0010,..shutter problem. it seems to drag on the heat roll if the roll is in a certin spot. move the roller a little and it works. This is a new system to me, I am a Mita tech and work on mostly small canon's too. this is the first one I have with a sutter so I am Learning as I go. I had to rebuild the fuser about 3 months ago, so Hr & Pr are new.
    Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

how worn was that copper shutter and the drive gears for the shutter system?
    If the gears are not meshing well or if the shutter itself is warped they can cause all kinds of problems for you and the customer
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Gar the pilot

The shutter seems okay but the clips that hold the Hr gear and Bushing in place rub on the shutter. If the heat roller stopps in the wrong position it seems to make start-up a problem. I did re-time the shutter gears by 2 teeth and that seamed to help. Still waiting to hear back from the Cleint today. I did a follow up phone call this morning but got the answering service. It must have ran the rest of the day after my last visit.
    any ideas on the snap rings that hold on the Heat roller bushing/gear?
    Thank You from the "on fire" in a heat wave west

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Make sure bushings are not in backwards.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Gar the pilot

Bushings are with the shoulder on the outside of the bearings.