Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canon IR C3170 Magenta Toner Lost??

Hi.. Canon IR C3170 only Magenta toner will end very fast. Yesterday message will appear in screen replace the Magenta Toner. when make the copy Color copy not possible. i check the Magenta toner Cartridge. There is no toner. I fill Magenta Toner fully in the Cartridge. After that i make yesterday to today 15 to 30 color copies only. today now again Replace the magenta toner Catridge message appear. I check magenta toner cartridge. There is no toner. what will be do???

only Magenta toner Cartridge is dry very fast??? why???

Service Manager 250+ Posts HP:guy's Avatar

Re: Canon IR C3170 Magenta Toner Lost??

If you print quality is good then you are printing something with a lot of magenta coverage.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SESHU View Post
    Hi.. Canon IR C3170 only Magenta toner will end very fast. Yesterday message will appear in screen replace the Magenta Toner. when make the copy Color copy not possible. i check the Magenta toner Cartridge. There is no toner. I fill Magenta Toner fully in the Cartridge. After that i make yesterday to today 15 to 30 color copies only. today now again Replace the magenta toner Catridge message appear. I check magenta toner cartridge. There is no toner. what will be do???

only Magenta toner Cartridge is dry very fast??? why???
    ----------------------------
    what do u do> spoon feed toner in cartridge buy some OEM Cartridges

make sure bias terminal for the magenta developing assembly is not bent or broken
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by HP:guy View Post
    If you print quality is good then you are printing something with a lot of magenta coverage.

no.. i make copies only letters and small size of photos with coverage of all colors.

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ----------------------------
    what do u do> spoon feed toner in cartridge buy some OEM Cartridges

make sure bias terminal for the magenta developing assembly is not bent or broken

Thank you teckat. i will check again magenta developing assembly.

and..

yesterday i check drum cartridge unit . In the drum waste toner container filled with all magenta toner.

how????

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

and..

yesterday i check drum cartridge unit . In the drum waste toner container filled with all magenta toner.

how????
    Like teckat posted use OEM Toner - check for a crack/break in the cartridge and the cartridge is inserted correctly.

and..

how????
    -------------------------------------

U NEED OEM TONER / your Toner to Developer ratio is probably poor (non-oem)

Y/M/C; is not equipped with a toner feedscrew, and relies on the rotation of the developing rotary for movement of toner to along the protrusions arranged in a spiral inside the cartridge.

The machine's developing units differ between the Bk unit and the Y/M/C unit; while the former (Bk) is equipped with a waste carrier collection unit, the later (Y/M/C) is not.

Waste carrier collection unit collects waste toner *1.
    *1: Bk developing unit only.

the Starter/ in your Magenta Dev. Unit is probably no good / & bad Developing Cylinder (ratio of toner/carrier) will drop/spill out Toner when rotation takes place

The machine is not equipped with a means (sensor) of directly measuring the level of toner inside the developing unit.

In its place, the machine forecasts the consumption of toner with reference to video count data to make up for the consumption of toner. The toner supply amount computed from the video count data is corrected at such times as programmed: the machine uses the difference in potential between the primary charging bias and the developing
    bias
    to form a patch density on the photosensitive drum.
    It reads the density of the patch using the patch image read sensor, and compares the result against the density target value to increase or decrease the toner supply amount.
    If the density of the patch image changes because of changes in the developer characteristics, the machine will not be able to keep the density of the developer inside the developing unit to a specific level, which would cause the toner to move astray inside the machine or carrier to stick to the drum. To prevent such a problem, the machine corrects the density target value at such times as programmed, thereby keeping the density of developer inside the developing unit to a specific level. (In the case of Y, M, or C, the machine uses the density of the developer measured by the ATR sensor; in the case of Bk, on the other and, the machine corrects the density target value based on the reading of the counter designed for the developing unit (Bk; i.e., how may sheets have moved past it).
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I know this is an old thread and I apologize... my name is not Hugo, it is Johnny. For some reason registration for this forum is not active, and I actually found that login online elsewhere. I noticed you all helped out a guy years ago on the referenced machine. I picked one up at an auction for very cheap last week with only 20k total images. It was full of magenta toner inside when I got it. I cleaned it out, but 2 subsequent cleanout/copy attempts it just kept dumping more magenta toner all inside and on the drum. Please help if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by hugohug View Post
    I know this is an old thread and I apologize... my name is not Hugo, it is Johnny. For some reason registration for this forum is not active, and I actually found that login online elsewhere. I noticed you all helped out a guy years ago on the referenced machine. I picked one up at an auction for very cheap last week with only 20k total images. It was full of magenta toner inside when I got it. I cleaned it out, but 2 subsequent cleanout/copy attempts it just kept dumping more magenta toner all inside and on the drum. Please help if you can.
    what model?
    what have you done?
    are you a tech?
    do you have the manual?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    what model?
    what have you done?
    are you a tech?
    do you have the manual?
    what model? C3170i
    what have you done? Cleaned the black sensors above the drum (twice), as well as everything else in that general area, of magenta toner
    are you a tech? I am not a trained tech, but am IT at my job, and am very tech savvy
    do you have the manual? I seem to have all manuals that came with it, but none are repair manuals (if there is one)