Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    dgutierrez

Need IR C6870U SST service support tool

I have a customer with IR C6870 which was coding with E602-001 and hardrive was not spinning. I installed a new hardrive and now im getting a E0602-002 which indicates no system software. Can someone please help me with Service Support Tool and if you have any suggestions or tips on installing it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Need IR C6870U SST service support tool

Re: Need IR C6870U SST service support tool

Quote Originally Posted by dgutierrez View Post
    I have a customer with IR C6870 which was coding with E602-001 and hardrive was not spinning. I installed a new hardrive and now im getting a E0602-002 which indicates no system software. Can someone please help me with Service Support Tool and if you have any suggestions or tips on installing it would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    =============
    did u try and Performed a HD defrag with that e602 code

For the Sub Code(s) indicated take the steps listed.

* 0001, 0002, 0003,0006, 0007:
    1.Hold down the 1 & 9 keys while turning the main power switch on and let the machine go through a disk defrag (should take about half an hour). If this fails go to step 2.
    2. Reformat the hard drive and load System, Language, and RUI. If this fails go to step 3.
    3. Replace the hard drive, format and load System, Language, and RUI.

For some sub codes it may be possible to recover using the machine's service mode, Copier/Function/System/Chk-Type, setting it to clear a certain partition number, then selecting Copier/Function/System/HD-Clear. After selecting the hard drive partition to clear (setting Chk-Type) and selecting HD-Clear and pressing OK, it will be necessary to turn the copier/printer main switch off then on again. Once the power is cycled the hard drive will begin to rebuild the partition selected and will take an extra minute or two to come to ready. The sub codes can be broken down into two parts the first two digits indicate the partition, the second two indicate the fault that occurred. An example would be an E602 with a sub code of 0201 indicates a problem with the FSTDEV partition (02xx)where a faulty read out occurred at start up(xx01). For partitions of: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, FF use the Chk-Type settings listed:
    * For faults of: xx01, xx02, xx03, xx04 use Chk-Type 1.

* For fault: xx05 use Chk-Type 2.
    *For fault: xx06 use Chk-Type 3.

* For faults of: xx07, xx08 use chk-type 4.
    * For fault: xx09 use Chk-Type 5.
    * For fault: xxFF format the hard drive and load System, Language, and RUI.
    ** For sub codes of: xx10, xx12, xx14, xx22, xx23, xx24, reformat the hard drive and load system, language, and rui. If this doesn't clear the error replace the hard drive and load system, language, and rui.

=====================================
    u need SST + iRC6870U Firmware

firmware is loaded into SST > then installed from SST to the HDD ( which first needs to be formatted using SST)

u will need the exact same HHD model removed or a Canon OEM HDD 80GB
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

dgutierrez

Re: Need IR C6870U SST service support tool

Thank you so much for your help. The drive does not spin at all, for testing purposes I just stuck a 40gb hardrive which spinup immediately. Another question I had after reading the manual was that the software is pushed over via Ethernet using 172.16.1.160 is this done through Internet explorer via FTP? Im a total rookie at canon pushes and the manual is not clear. also if these settings are automatically defaulted once booted in service mode. Its a bit tough because this unit is approximately 1.5 hours away but I am hoping to have my ducks in a row when I go back. thanks again so much for your help you guys are life savers.