Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

colorpass z500e not starting up

Hello. I have a colorpass z500e not starting up. freezes at halb bar. i thnik if i reinstall the system software on it i can bring it to life. can you plese inform me how can i reinstall system software on this colorpass? i tried 4 buttons at start up and lower right button to see if some recovery menu apears but nothing. i cant find the manual for this one.

_ 250+ Posts

Re: colorpass z500e not starting up

Quote Originally Posted by carlosramosdrum View Post
    Hello. I have a colorpass z500e not starting up. freezes at halb bar. i thnik if i reinstall the system software on it i can bring it to life. can you plese inform me how can i reinstall system software on this colorpass? i tried 4 buttons at start up and lower right button to see if some recovery menu apears but nothing. i cant find the manual for this one.

Hi,

The button you are pressing is correct, I might be wrong but I think that only works for Z400e range. You's is WinXPe system so it will need a external SCSI CD drive plus the system CD to reload.

Does your Z500e allow you to plug on a monitor? No harm trying it with a keyboard to see if it has an option to restore.

Technician

In fact it permits to connect a monitor. i did that. and it have a fiery image. but i dinīt explore more than that.... maybe i can do something with keyboard. i know z40 have the system restore on another partition on HDD drive. my hope is this have this restore too. because i donīt have the software cd for this fiery. and i donīt have the scsi cdrom... i have an old z40 too that i cannot restore. because i donīt have this scsi cdrom.... this z40 i will try to clone the hard drive from another z40 working. but for this z500 i donīt have acess to a working one...
    thank you for your help.

Technician

i tals z40 but they are all z40e with windows nt.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

could just be a defective SCSI PCB Assembly.

ColorPASS Z40 / Z40e / Z20e / Z400e / Z500e / Z4500 / Z4600 / Z3000 models do NOT support connecting the Advanced GUI Kit from Canon or any monitor, mouse, or keyboard.

================================================== ====

An external SCSI CD-ROM drive is required. Connect the CD-ROM drive with a SCSI-2 cable to the SCSI port on the back of the ColorPASS. Power on the CD-ROM drive. Place the system software CD in the drive and turn on the ColorPASS. The RIP should then prompt you to install software.

The ColorPASS Z800 / Z7400 / Z7500 / Z7000 / Z7100 / Z6000 / Z6100 / Z5400 / Z5100 / Z5000 / Z4600 / Z4500 / Z650 / Z600 / Z500e come with a CD to restore the system software from backup.

These ColorPASS models do not have a Restore from Backup option built in (like the 1st generation ColorPASS-Z series controllers), so the Restore from Backup CD must be used to perform a restore from backup.

You cannot perform a Restore from Backup on the ColorPASS Z500e without the Restore/Update CD.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

thank you so much.
    this is a used rip. where can i download system software iso? do you have it?
    it is very nice if someone can send me. i will have to buy a scsi cdrom. do you know some cheap one?

thank you so much.
    this is a used rip. where can i download system software iso? do you have it?
    it is very nice if someone can send me. i will have to buy a scsi cdrom. do you know some cheap one?

scsi cdrom
    GOOGLE for it> or go to Goodwill > or a Pawn Shop

Technician

will an internal scsi cdrom work if connected to the inside scsi board connectos?
    this one: http://vilanovadegaia.olx.pt/leitor-...-iid-432566929
    for example. or have to be external? iīhave a bit trouble to have one in my country.

Thank You

Technician

will this be perfect for the job?
    http://cedofeita-porto.olx.pt/hp-cd-...-iid-434737459
    thank you so mutch

yes