Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Canon iR 3220

Technician

Canon iR 3220

Having problems with a iR3220 leaving marks, lines and stains on the paper. Attached are pictures of the issues. I have followed the troubleshooting instructions in the service manual and cannot get the machine to do a test print. When I select which one I want and hit start it does nothing. What is causing these lines and marks on the paper? photo1.jpg2.jpg

Your help is appreciated!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

Re: Canon iR 3220

does it do ot just on black? did you check the black imaging unit? transfer belt cleaning blade?

Technician

It does it both on black and color. How do I check transfer belt cleaning blade?

Service Manager 250+ Posts

These marks are caused by the cleaning blade and/or belt. You will need to remove the ITB unit, remove the belt & clean the inside of the belt, especially the large plate that sits under the belt. Some users leave this plate off the machine, but personally I just clean it & fit it back. Fit a new cleaning blade if you have one, part number FG6-8989
    Also vacuum out the area under the cleaning blade & the waste toner shaft (one screw it removes)

AKOMA

Did you try to stop the copy before it gets to the fuser rollers and check the copy, or are your fuser rollers clean if there are then its best you check your transfer belt and make sure its clean.And those developing units i suspect there is one that is bring those lines."Good luck"

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Check out black drum. Transfer cleaning failing will generally give you a purplish brownish tinge on the paper and as smears, not streaks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    does it do ot just on black? did you check the black imaging unit? transfer belt cleaning blade?
    Stop the copy process before it reaches the fusing unit and see if the problem happens before the fixing unit. If it does, then this fault might be from a cleaning blade. It might be a small cut on the cleaning edge that touches the drum. Also, check the edge of the Mylar blade below the cleaning blade of all the toner unit as a cut on the edge will give the same results. Then do the same check on the ITB blades. All the best!!