Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    How to calibrare a CR-180II ?

I am not a Canon dealer and do not have access to downloading the full service manuals to these check scanners. I have a customer with a whole bunch of these. We have had no problem mechanically servicing these machines. Now we have one that needs to be calibrated and I was wondering if anyone has a procedure and/or service manual?

Much appreciated if so.

Matt

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: How to calibrare a CR-180II ?

Quote Originally Posted by MVPunisher View Post
    I am not a Canon dealer and do not have access to downloading the full service manuals to these check scanners. I have a customer with a whole bunch of these. We have had no problem mechanically servicing these machines. Now we have one that needs to be calibrated and I was wondering if anyone has a procedure and/or service manual?

Much appreciated if so.

Matt
    --------------------------------

If there is a problem with the scanned image (the image is not sharp or stripes appear), one of the following conditions may be a probable cause. Check the following conditions, and take the appropriate action.

The scanning glass or rollers are dirty.
    If the scanning glass or rollers are dirty, the dirt will appear on the scanned image.
    -Clean the scanning glass and rollers. For details, see “Daily Cleaning,”

The scan conditions are inappropriate.
    If the scan conditions are inappropriate, the scanned image will not be sharp or will appear as dark.
    -Check the brightness and other scanner settings.
    If the scanned image is blurry or the document has not been scanned at all, the brightness may be set too high.
    If the scanned image appears dark, the brightness may be set too low.
    Also, check the settings on the driver and the software application.

The driver or application does not run correctly.
    If the document cannot be scanned correctly even if the scan conditions are adjusted, the driver or the application may not be functioning correctly.
    -Reinstall the driver or application.
    For details on how to install the driver, see “Installing the Software,” .
    For details on how to install the application, see the applications instruction manual.

Other Causes
    Even if the computer may be recognizing the scanner correctly, and the driver and the application is installed correctly, scanning may not be performed correctly. If this happens, the interface card is not compatible. Use the recommended interface card.
    If the above remedies do not rectify the problem, contact your dealer or a Canon service representative.

===============================================

===============================================http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppor...ersAndSoftware

or------------http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/downlo...inTabView=true
    u mean cleaning ?

??
    Check Transport Cleaning Card with Waffletechnology-
    Clean the optical scanner lenses
    Clean the check pathways
    Clean the check transport belts and rollers
    Use as:
    A scheduled maintenance product to prevent poor check scans
    An emergency maintenance product after poor check scans

Last edited by teckat; 08-01-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yea I was able to see in the service manual that using the clitool software, you can adjust the registration and such. When I hook up the Scanner I know the driver is set up right because the rangerflex program scans fine.

When loading the CLItool it does not find the device. Without the service manual I cannot confirm whether this is just for the C180 or if this is for the C180ii as well.

Thanks for response

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MVPunisher View Post
    Yea I was able to see in the service manual that using the clitool software, you can adjust the registration and such. When I hook up the Scanner I know the driver is set up right because the rangerflex program scans fine.

When loading the CLItool it does not find the device. Without the service manual I cannot confirm whether this is just for the C180 or if this is for the C180ii as well.

Thanks for response
    -------------------------------------

this CANON link below is for Cleaning tool for the CR-25/50/55/80/135i180/180II/190i Windows 2000, XP 32bit and 64bit (Emulation Mode), Vista 32bit and 64bit (Emulation Mode) and 7 32bit and 64bit (Emulation Mode).
    After extracting the file, please read the READMEFIRST.pdf file before using

Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : imageFORMULA CR-180II Check Transport
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**