Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    fer_auriazul

Imagepress c1 e000020-0184, e000020-0284

Hi there,

im new on the forum, im having this problem after 6 or 7 copies, sometimes is o184 sometimes 0284, we already changed the drum unit, hope someone could help me to solve this problem

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Imagepress c1 e000020-0184, e000020-0284

Quote Originally Posted by fer_auriazul View Post
    Hi there,

im new on the forum, im having this problem after 6 or 7 copies, sometimes is o184 sometimes 0284, we already changed the drum unit, hope someone could help me to solve this problem
    -----------

Check/Clean & or replace ATR sensor

Clean the ATR sensor window and the ATR sensor shutter with lint-free paper. Avoid using abrasive material or solvents that will leave a film on the sensor window as this can generate an erroneous reading from the sensor.

1) Remove the ATR sensor from the main body.
    2) Press the plunger of the ATR sensor lever solenoid in this ---> direction
    3) Clean the ATR sensor window and the ATR sensor shutter with lint-free paper .

+++++++++ check

In the field, because the slide rod attached in the rear side of P kit assembly was/is damaged, patch sensing shutter won't/didn't open and close, and E020-0x84 occurred.

- E020-0x84: The difference between the detected value of the base (drum surface) of the patch image read sensor and the reference value of the patch image read sensor is 30 or less. The second digit of the detail code mean as follows: 1=Y, 2=M, 3=C, 4=K, 5=L(only C1+).

IPC.JPG

1. Turn the main power switch OFF/ON
    2. Check the SL8 movement, that opens and closes patch sensing shutter, in Service Mode. If SL is working, proceed to step 3. If it is not working proceed to step 4.
    - Service Mode > COPIER > Function > PART-CHK > SL > using numerical keypad, input "8", and press OK. Turn it 0.5 sec ON, 5 secs OFF, 0.5 sec ON and 5 secs OFF.
    3. Check whether the slide rod [A] equipped in the rear side of P kit assembly is damaged. If it is damaged, replace it with a new one.
    4. Refit the connector related to the following
    - SL8: J204L
    - Back drive PCB assembly : J3802/J3810
    - DC controller PCB assembly: J1198
    FC6-1043=SLIDE ROD
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

I'm the first time now and I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to write questions.
    I have a canon image press c1 with ceramic toners and my problem is that showing a error000002-486, in the press greyscale were lost Grayscale now are brownish mess, if anyone can help me, thanks in advance

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kalimero777 View Post
    I'm the first time now and I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to write questions.
    I have a canon image press c1 with ceramic toners and my problem is that showing a error000002-486, in the press greyscale were lost Grayscale now are brownish mess, if anyone can help me, thanks in advance
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Data from the Patch Image Scan Sensor (PS3) (performed sheet-to-sheet)
    The patch image scan sensor measures toner image formed in the drum, and based on the data collected
    the amount of toner supply is adjusted so that the over all density will get close to the target density.
    - Data from the ATR Sensor (PS7) (detects every 8 document output of color print on A4 paper)
    The ATR sensor detects the patch image density and the developer (toner and carrier) in the developing
    assembly cylinder of each color. If the results fall outside of the target density range, toner supply target
    will be either increased or decreased.

u mean

E020-0486
    xx=01:Y, xx=02:M, xx=03: C, xx=04:K

xx86 At patch detection, the difference between the detected value of the patch image read sensor and the reference
    value of the base (drum surface) of the patch image sensor is 30 or less.

Turn off and then on the main power.
    Inspect/Replace patch image read sensor.
    Inspect/Replace patch-detecting shutter.--
    1. Turn the main power switch OFF/ON
    2. Check the SL8 movement, that opens and closes patch sensing shutter, in Service Mode.
    COPIER>FUNCTION>PART-CHK>SL
    Specify a solenoid to be checked. (Range: 1 to 15)
    Operation method:
    1) Select this item.
    2) Enter the code of a solenoid using numeric keys. (8. SL8: Patch detection shutter SL)
    3) Press the OK key.
    4) Press SL-ON and check the operation
    SL-ON
    1) Select this item and press the OK key. ON/OFF operation is repeated in the following
    pattern.
    ON for 0.5 seconds --> OFF for 5 seconds --> ON for 0.5 seconds --> OFF for 5 seconds --
    > OFF

ALSO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Try watching the turret movement, see if sometimes it would stop at different positions, even for the same color.
    May need to Replace the Rotary Motor Unit / FM2-2641-000
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

I'm going to try to solve carefully by following these instructions, thanks a lot Teckat