Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    titus

Angry iR 3300 e602-0001

Hi Guys!
    I have this problem in the machine.
    Initially when i checked the m/c it was dead. Found a blown fuse on CVS board , machine came on but with above code. More investigation revealed 24V board also had a problem( i.e. the machine would not rotate at power up).
    Replaced the board and now powers up fine but still the same code.
    Can i disconnect the hard drive and run the machine as stand alone copier? If so How?
    If i have to reinstall the system software i dont have it. If someone can point a link to it i will be grearful.
    Thanks
    regards
    titus

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

ir 3300

hi,

you can not disconnect hdd, copier have different boot rom.
    reload system software with sst, if stay same, replace hdd and reload system software

br

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

hard drive toast

sounds like the hdd is gone. you can turn on copier while holding down keys 1&9 then let go after about 10 seconds. It should go into a disk check mode which could take a hour or more. It starts with a white block, then drops the blocks to the bottom of the screen, like computer defrag does. at the end of the operation it will say download mode. If it never gets that far, then you have problems with your hard drive and will need to replace it. If the operation ends with the words download mode, then you can probably reload it and it will be ok. Dont forget that the main controller is in charge of the hard drive, so it could be faulty too. what happened to cause all the boards to go out like that?

titus
    Here is an update of the situation for the problem.
    I put the hdd in another mc and it worked fine without any problems.
    So i guessed it might be the printer board that was probably the cause. I replaced that board too in another machine and it worked fine.
    Then i tried even the DC controller board too even that board worked ok.
    I put hdd from another machine in this (problem) machine and it worked fine.
    Now I have to try the original hdd in this machine, i hope it works.
    When i first visited for this problem, i found the machine dead. Opened the back cover and found a blown fuse on the CVS board. After replacing it, the mc display came on. But there was no rotation of any motors on powering up.
    Then I replaced the power supply board and the machine powered up fine, but the code was still there.
    Thanks yoursforfree for your inputs, i read your posts and it helped a lot. I even downloaded some of the software you have made availlable on the net. GR8 work. Thanks i shall keep u posted on the development on this one.
    regards
    titus

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

versions

funny thing i had to go out on a machine for a hdd error. I tried my own 1&9 and it never did work. I guess the version was so low. i read somewhere about the newer version allowing for that to happen. The one i went on was indeed shot. I forgot to replace the rcon and dccon chips and had to go back and do that. guess they were having problems with multiple copies after the upgrade, because i forgot to do the chips. Just a reminder for all that do upgrades with sst to make sure all chips are up to version. I started with a 2.0 ver boot, had to stick in a 7.0 ver then flashed it for 26.44 i think. went back to try and flash the old 2.0 ver. would not flash at all. when i think about it i can put the chart on net to look up what version is suppose to be on the machines.
    hope you resolved your hdd error.