Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tommyp84

Re: IPF6100 Please help :<

OK,so The Plot THICNKENS! lol

I hooned around with some wires, probed a few pins, plugged in and out some plugs and have now got shot of the Close upper cover error!!!!

But...........

start the machine normally and it comes up with Multi sensor error turn off and wait a while, do that, no change.

Start her up in service mode, get to putting some paper in then it says....no R Printhead installed! WHAT!!!
    So removed the multi sensor (the thing with the LEDS?) all clean. made sure printhead was in and locked down, which it is.

What is going on!! lol

T

Quote Originally Posted by tommyp84 View Post
    Thanks so much! you really are a fountain of knowledge!
    a great help as he usually is try to recheck and reconnect all the connectors to the boards, once you removed some to test pin outs you probably have one that is not well seated
    Life is a learning continuum...

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IPF6100 Please help :&lt;

Quote Originally Posted by tommyp84 View Post
    OK,so The Plot THICNKENS! lol

I hooned around with some wires, probed a few pins, plugged in and out some plugs and have now got shot of the Close upper cover error!!!!

But...........

start the machine normally and it comes up with Multi sensor error turn off and wait a while, do that, no change.

Start her up in service mode, get to putting some paper in then it says....no R Printhead installed! WHAT!!!
    So removed the multi sensor (the thing with the LEDS?) all clean. made sure printhead was in and locked down, which it is.

What is going on!! lol

T
    =======================================
    Multi sensor error ??????????

did u watch when or if u removed flexible ribbon cables locations--carriage PCB and main controller PCB are connected with a flexible cable.
    The flexible cable connectors are provided with a locking mechanism. When disconnecting or reconnecting
    the flexible cable, be sure to release the lock. Otherwise, the flexible cable can damage, resulting in malfunction.

this is an image from

iPF8000 / 8000S/ 8100 / 8300 / 9000 / 9100 series----------------------image was taken from the back of the machine. The left of the image is towards the carriage home position. So you must stand at the back of the machine looking over the carriage relay PCB to be oriented like the image. All of the cables that go to the main controller have the blue writing facing the right. All of the cables that go to the print head have the blue writing facing the rear of the machine.

cable.JPG

NOTES:

What Every Tech Should Know

• Be prepared, include the L-Printer Service Tool v1.60, Print Driver and File Update Tool (FUT)and Media Info File (MIF).
    • Before your visit, make a mental game plan. Do any of the following relate to your issue?
    • Have you referenced Tech Pubs, KnowledgeBase Articles, Guides or the “Grid” for the help on the issue?
    • The “OffLine” KnowledgeBase is downloadable and now available from e-Support.
    • Familiarize yourself with procedures using the many videos available on the e-Support.
    • What Error Codes and Warnings have happened in the recent past, reference to Status and Service Prints?
    • Use of power-strips or extension cords is Strongly Not Recommended.
    • A Canon DSS is limited to accepting calls concerning their current or past “Escalated” tickets ONLY.
    • A Canon DSS cannot order parts/supplies, and because of several reasons, may not carry a tool-kit.
    • Once a ticket is escalated, the Canon DSS will be involved until the issue is “Resolved”!
    • Letter “a” at the end of the Print Head Lot # indicates in warranty as far as dot count, not days in service.
    • For Error codes in the 4xxx range, clear by booting into Service Mode, then rebooting in User Mode.
    • Does the customer have enough supplies on hand to finish the repair? (Ink, Maintenance Cartridges, etc.)
    • Have you performed troubleshooting and proper adjustments before replacing parts?
    • The returning of parts is NOT the Customers’ responsibility, it’s ours.

Observations – Stop, Look, Listen

• Unusual noises, smells or leaks?
    • Wall Outlet: 115vac, and < .5 Vac between Neutral and Ground, check plug for “pitting”.
    • Is Firmware up to date? Use L-Printer Tool to update the iPF and to obtain Status/ Service reports.
    • Is there any air in the ink tubes? All of, half of, one, etc. Used to eliminate possibilities.
    • NOZZLE 1 print out in Service Mode OK? (Resemble tiny Rectangles)
    • NOZZLE PRINT print out in User Mode OK? (Resemble tiny Squares)
    • Head Management Sensor funnel is cleaned of debris.
    • Linear Encoder mounted correctly, damaged, or dirty or protective film attached? Use water to clean.
    • Purge Unit has smooth movement and absorber pads are mounted correctly.
    • It is very rare to have the Head Management go bad, do GAP CALIB and NOZZLE CHK first, check Nozzle Print for misfires.
    • MultiSensor Reference Pads (left-end of platen) should be “spotless”.
    • Carriage Rail should be clean and with NO lubricant on it. Bushings can be replaced separately on some models.
    • Check Rail Cleaner for contamination and replace if soiled. Supply item, may come with Maintenance Cartridge)
    • Ink Joint at Carriage, linkage motion and proper fit. Test for air leak.
    • Inspect and Reseat the Flex Cables at Main Board and Carriage. Check for damaged or bent ribbons.

Adjustments

• GAP CALIB, NOZZLE CHK POS, OPTICAL AXIS, LF TUNING, CR REG and CR COG adjustments done as needed?
    • Photo-Glossy media is needed for performing OPTICAL AXIS, LF TUNING and CR REG adjustments.
    • Multi-Sensor should be ok if red/green LED’s are firing under the Carriage Unit.

Reminders

• After board replacement procedure, you must reboot into Service Mode then reboot to clear the error.
    • Do not replace Print Head if NOZZLE PRINT is OK.
    • Use the Service Manual or “Troubleshooting Guide” if clarification is needed.
    • View and Save Status/ Service reports as .txt files for problem indications and include with your report.
    • Remember to reset the appropriate counter after replacing components.
    • Please confirm parts delivery before arriving at the customers’ location.
    • Limit cell-phone usage while inside customers’ location.
    • The above may be needed to be confirmed before the Canon DSS can initiate travel plans.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

tommyp84

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    =======================================
    Multi sensor error ??????????

did u watch when or if u removed flexible ribbon cables locations--carriage PCB and main controller PCB are connected with a flexible cable.
    The flexible cable connectors are provided with a locking mechanism. When disconnecting or reconnecting
    the flexible cable, be sure to release the lock. Otherwise, the flexible cable can damage, resulting in malfunction.

this is an image from

iPF8000 / 8000S/ 8100 / 8300 / 9000 / 9100 series----------------------image was taken from the back of the machine. The left of the image is towards the carriage home position. So you must stand at the back of the machine looking over the carriage relay PCB to be oriented like the image. All of the cables that go to the main controller have the blue writing facing the right. All of the cables that go to the print head have the blue writing facing the rear of the machine.

cable.JPG

NOTES:

What Every Tech Should Know

• Be prepared, include the L-Printer Service Tool v1.60, Print Driver and File Update Tool (FUT)and Media Info File (MIF).
    • Before your visit, make a mental game plan. Do any of the following relate to your issue?
    • Have you referenced Tech Pubs, KnowledgeBase Articles, Guides or the “Grid” for the help on the issue?
    • The “OffLine” KnowledgeBase is downloadable and now available from e-Support.
    • Familiarize yourself with procedures using the many videos available on the e-Support.
    • What Error Codes and Warnings have happened in the recent past, reference to Status and Service Prints?
    • Use of power-strips or extension cords is Strongly Not Recommended.
    • A Canon DSS is limited to accepting calls concerning their current or past “Escalated” tickets ONLY.
    • A Canon DSS cannot order parts/supplies, and because of several reasons, may not carry a tool-kit.
    • Once a ticket is escalated, the Canon DSS will be involved until the issue is “Resolved”!
    • Letter “a” at the end of the Print Head Lot # indicates in warranty as far as dot count, not days in service.
    • For Error codes in the 4xxx range, clear by booting into Service Mode, then rebooting in User Mode.
    • Does the customer have enough supplies on hand to finish the repair? (Ink, Maintenance Cartridges, etc.)
    • Have you performed troubleshooting and proper adjustments before replacing parts?
    • The returning of parts is NOT the Customers’ responsibility, it’s ours.

Observations – Stop, Look, Listen

• Unusual noises, smells or leaks?
    • Wall Outlet: 115vac, and < .5 Vac between Neutral and Ground, check plug for “pitting”.
    • Is Firmware up to date? Use L-Printer Tool to update the iPF and to obtain Status/ Service reports.
    • Is there any air in the ink tubes? All of, half of, one, etc. Used to eliminate possibilities.
    • NOZZLE 1 print out in Service Mode OK? (Resemble tiny Rectangles)
    • NOZZLE PRINT print out in User Mode OK? (Resemble tiny Squares)
    • Head Management Sensor funnel is cleaned of debris.
    • Linear Encoder mounted correctly, damaged, or dirty or protective film attached? Use water to clean.
    • Purge Unit has smooth movement and absorber pads are mounted correctly.
    • It is very rare to have the Head Management go bad, do GAP CALIB and NOZZLE CHK first, check Nozzle Print for misfires.
    • MultiSensor Reference Pads (left-end of platen) should be “spotless”.
    • Carriage Rail should be clean and with NO lubricant on it. Bushings can be replaced separately on some models.
    • Check Rail Cleaner for contamination and replace if soiled. Supply item, may come with Maintenance Cartridge)
    • Ink Joint at Carriage, linkage motion and proper fit. Test for air leak.
    • Inspect and Reseat the Flex Cables at Main Board and Carriage. Check for damaged or bent ribbons.

Adjustments

• GAP CALIB, NOZZLE CHK POS, OPTICAL AXIS, LF TUNING, CR REG and CR COG adjustments done as needed?
    • Photo-Glossy media is needed for performing OPTICAL AXIS, LF TUNING and CR REG adjustments.
    • Multi-Sensor should be ok if red/green LED’s are firing under the Carriage Unit.

Reminders

• After board replacement procedure, you must reboot into Service Mode then reboot to clear the error.
    • Do not replace Print Head if NOZZLE PRINT is OK.
    • Use the Service Manual or “Troubleshooting Guide” if clarification is needed.
    • View and Save Status/ Service reports as .txt files for problem indications and include with your report.
    • Remember to reset the appropriate counter after replacing components.
    • Please confirm parts delivery before arriving at the customers’ location.
    • Limit cell-phone usage while inside customers’ location.
    • The above may be needed to be confirmed before the Canon DSS can initiate travel plans.
    Ok,,,, gobsmacked! lol

I didnt remove anything from the carriage so i cant see a problem up there.
    When ever i finish loading paper (and i see the LEDS dancing to check the media) i get the No R Print head and cant go any further, just turn off.

When i reboot into 'normal' mode i get Multi Sensor error switch off and wait. and cant get any further than that
    Would it maybe be because i have barely any ink in the lines and its not seeing ink in the head? or am i going too far?
    I have new ink sets but really worried about opening the packs incase it doesnt cure the issue.

Is there a way to erase fault code data at all? just wondering if i have faults in there it may also cause issues?

(i just started a new job, my new employers were going to buy the printer off me for couple hundred but they bought 12 new inks so they can see it works, which i was sure it was going too! awkward is not the word atm lol)

Tom

Sorry if i repeated myself!