Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Canon IR Advance 4045 error E748-2024

First I will say I'm a noob on these canon machines. Still have some training to do.

Copier will not boot. When powering main switch on it will show a progress bar approx. 20%. Then it will just go to black screen with the error code saying power off with main switch. No canon logo comes up. I reseated/cleaned contacts of memory modules in both main board 1 & 2 no good.

I look up in manual and knowledge base. Mainly show that board 2 does not make connection with board 1. Knowledge base in different articles mentions board 1 or 2, memory, or even the hard drive to replace.

We have one tech that is our canon guy that everyone goes to for help. In the end he suggested I replace the hard drive which I ordered next day air. He said to let him know that I would need to load some software or something from a usb drive. I'm assuming maybe firmware I am trying to learn as much as I can on my own to be best prepared.

I did find on canon site "system software package v21.03.05" for usb drive. Looks like firmware and I'm thinking that is what I need after replacing the hard drive. I have looked thru all the manuals and I can't really find any specific instructions to replacing the hard drive. Not really sure what is going to happen after I replace it and how do I load firmware with a usb drive. I notice there is a download mode I can access by powering on after holding 2 & 8 buttons. Do I load firmware with a usb drive this way?

What do you canon guys think? Do you think going hard drive was a good idea?

BTW I have full canon web support access and all manuals available to me so no need to try and sell me manuals. Just trying to cram as much info into my brain and figure out places to start.
    Last edited by wseyller; 08-16-2013 at 01:34 AM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Canon IR Advance 4045 error E748-2024

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    First I will say I'm a noob on these canon machines. Still have some training to do.

Copier will not boot. When powering main switch on it will show a progress bar approx. 20%. Then it will just go to black screen with the error code saying power off with main switch. No canon logo comes up. I reseated/cleaned contacts of memory modules in both main board 1 & 2 no good.

I look up in manual and knowledge base. Mainly show that board 2 does not make connection with board 1. Knowledge base in different articles mentions board 1 or 2, memory, or even the hard drive to replace.

We have one tech that is our canon guy that everyone goes to for help. In the end he suggested I replace the hard drive which I ordered next day air. He said to let him know that I would need to load some software or something from a usb drive. I'm assuming maybe firmware I am trying to learn as much as I can on my own to be best prepared.

I did find on canon site "system software package v21.03.05" for usb drive. Looks like firmware and I'm thinking that is what I need after replacing the hard drive. I have looked thru all the manuals and I can't really find any specific instructions to replacing the hard drive. Not really sure what is going to happen after I replace it and how do I load firmware with a usb drive. I notice there is a download mode I can access by powering on after holding 2 & 8 buttons. Do I load firmware with a usb drive this way?

What do you canon guys think? Do you think going hard drive was a good idea?

BTW I have full canon web support access and all manuals available to me so no need to try and sell me manuals. Just trying to cram as much info into my brain and figure out places to start.
    Well you seem like you know what you're about so i'll try to help.

I don't think HDD is the issue here - there is a comms problem between Cont 1 & Cont 2 if cleaning/replacing the SDRAM on the Controllers have no effect I would suspect the Riser PCB, the Interface PCB between the 2 Controllers, try cleaning/reseating the contacts on it first or replace the Riser PCB (a big job) ....otherwise Main Controller 1 - it's a toughy, good luck.

Thanks. I've had this feeling since yesterday that the HDD is not the issue. Also when to the office this morning to get some parts and I talked to our in house canon instructor. Just before you posted he also doesn't think a HDD and told me I should reseat everything on the boards and the connection between the two. I will find out today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Today I reseated all connectors on either board including the connection between the two. Tried flashing firmware. Installed new drive, formatted and install firmware. Still same result. Put original drive back in. Created support ticket with canon. Was recommended main board 1 and I ordered it. Will try again Monday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2